What you see is the specs for the Sony Ultra Z.
    179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm (7.06 x 3.63 x 0.26 in)
    As most people know it is the biggest smartphone around (with a 6.44 inch screen). Now I've been using it as my everyday device and after barely a month I could not imagine going back to a smaller device due to the huge screen size and the spacious keyboard. Carrying it around is no problem either. Size is relative and I am positive that the Passport's size is just right for such a device. It is the future of Blackberry and I for one embrace it with open arms.
    06-20-14 01:20 AM
    The 1v1 ratio on the BlackBerry Password just doesn't look right. A longer screen with the tradition qwerty keyboard would have me throwing my cash at it. Sadly, the keyboard on it looks hideous. And I'm not liking the 1v1 ratio as for now till I see it in person.
    Agatonga and hassanalusi like this.
    06-20-14 01:43 AM
    You don't want a longer screen without a slider keyboard. It would make the phone huuuge... It won't fit in most purses.
    06-20-14 02:36 AM
    I wasn't sure what to think of the size when all I saw were leaked images. I will still need to see one in person to be sure. However, the passport doesn't look out of place in chen's hands, and I'm betting I have larger hands than he does. I am definitely interested in seeing this in September.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-20-14 10:00 AM
    TWSS
    06-20-14 10:09 AM
    My concern is how it will handle with an otterbox or a similar case. Worst case tho I'll get a leather holster

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:27 AM
    The 1v1 ratio on the BlackBerry Password just doesn't look right. A longer screen with the tradition qwerty keyboard would have me throwing my cash at it. Sadly, the keyboard on it looks hideous. And I'm not liking the 1v1 ratio as for now till I see it in person.
    I can sort of see what you mean about the looks. It certainly looks 'different'. It's not the prettiest thing in the world. But I can see why they have pushed it that way. Obviously keyboards are important on a blackberry. But for most normal users keyboards are less important than screen real estate. People want to be able to see more of a website, and have a good experience with an e-book or video. A big screen helps with all of those. Ok, it happens to be square, which is a bit weird but you will always get more website and more words on the screen which is hard to deny is a good thing. The keyboard has been shrunk to the smallest size they can reasonably get it without sacrificing performance, and everything else on the device is screen. People like screens.
    06-20-14 12:47 PM
    Girls/Ladies, does size really matter?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    06-20-14 12:49 PM
    Hopefully it's like a Porsche Cayenne, photographs horribly but look alright in real life, drives better than most.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-20-14 02:29 PM
    That porsche looks terrible in real life.....

The passport really interests me personally, but I am slightly concerned about its size. I primarily use my Z10 with one hand and that's a fairly big thing for me. The ratio doesn't bother me because you still end up with more screen real estate over if it had a virtual keyboard.

The passport apart from its size has a real chance of getting me to look at a physical keyboard again. It's the first phone that actually does something new and different in a long time and actually has me excited

Size does matter though and this is looking like a huge brick of a device. I've never been able to see myself with a device bigger than 5 inches, it's just excessive. On this.... it looks like it could work.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and CerveloJohn like this.
    06-20-14 04:20 PM
    Awesome real truth: Widest display in single hand usage currently on the market at 3.18". Note 3 comes at 2.79", 1520 at 2.94" and Ultra Z at 3.14". As much screen estate as the new HTC One. Passport features the biggest display size ever produced on any phone with portrait hardware keyboard.

Another awesome real truth: Probably the phone/phablet with the most available screen real estate currently on the market when editing a document or typing, at well over 10" (Ultra Z just barely trails Passport with its default virtual keyboard) Well BBRY managed to f'up this one by giving us constant virtual keyboard pop up whenever you are about to input text which sacrifices screen estate big time.

1:1 awesome real truth: First ever 1:1 device from BBRY that makes sense and justifies "unusual" ratio due to screen size. All others should have had screens with 4:3, especially Classic which now features a trackpad. There is no benefit of 1:1 screens below 4" or 2.83" width. It makes it too wide for comfortable single hand usage but doesn't give you back nothing in return or not as much.

3.18" x 3.18" @ 452.55 PPI awesome real truth: Gives you the proper way to read long paragraphs of plain text or text warped around images without breaking the layout. As well the proper way to view websites in portrait mode, especially desktop layouts. Not so proper when it comes to video.

Hardware design awesome truth: Fugly. Not refined. Omits some textbook design rules. Hardware keyboard keys so big that fat thumbed grandpa can press comfortably.
    Last edited by vladi; 07-20-14 at 06:49 AM.
    06-20-14 04:55 PM
    The truth about the size of the Passport-img_20140620_181420.png
    The truth about the size of the Passport-img_20140620_181358.png
    Attachment 279277
    Posted via Verizon Z30
    thanasi and wtrmlnjuc like this.
    06-20-14 05:36 PM
    Hopefully it's like a Porsche Cayenne, photographs horribly but look alright in real life, drives better than most.

Posted via CB10
    Nicely said

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 05:44 PM
    The passport looks unusable to me, but I'll reserve judgment until it's in my hand(s?). At least I know that if I don't like it I only have to wait another month for the Q20. I think they were smart to release the passport fist.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-20-14 05:51 PM
    Do you think it's going to be hard to hold while typing?
    It just seems like you have such a small area to hold.
    I will have to try it to get a better understanding of its ratio.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-20-14 05:55 PM
    Do you think this is phablet worthy?
    Or still too small?

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-20-14 05:59 PM
    Personally I think the Passport looks magnificent.

Posted via my superb Z10
    farvardinzad likes this.
    06-20-14 06:04 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140620_181420.png 
Views:	1952 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	279273
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140620_181358.png 
Views:	1952 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	279274
    Attachment 279277
    Posted via Verizon Z30
    The keyboard layout looks weird. I wonder what it feels like in actual use.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-20-14 08:23 PM
    Oh, those square edges...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:19 AM
    You don't want a longer screen without a slider keyboard. It would make the phone huuuge... It won't fit in most purses.
    You mean the phone in my avatar? Sure, I'd still buy that one

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:53 AM
    The size doesn't bother me....

But the 1:1 aspect ratio does...same for the Classic.

Can someone answer why it's so difficult to put a 16:9 screen with a keyboard??

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10...
    06-21-14 02:48 AM
    Design is perfect for email.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    06-21-14 04:04 AM
    What you see is the specs for the Sony Ultra Z.
    179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm (7.06 x 3.63 x 0.26 in)
    As most people know it is the biggest smartphone around (with a 6.44 inch screen). Now I've been using it as my everyday device and after barely a month I could not imagine going back to a smaller device due to the huge screen size and the spacious keyboard. Carrying it around is no problem either. Size is relative and I am positive that the Passport's size is just right for such a device. It is the future of Blackberry and I for one embrace it with open arms.
    This isn't the truth this is an opinion. I love the form factor of my q10 and i love how I can have a huge work horse that's physically small in size. Bigger isn't always better. I found that out the hard way when i purchased a Z30. After about a week that thing is a dust collector in my room as I much prefer my Q10. But then again that's just my opinion. Nobody is right

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    06-21-14 05:28 PM
    This isn't the truth this is an opinion. I love the form factor of my q10 and i love how I can have a huge work horse that's physically small in size. Bigger isn't always better. I found that out the hard way when i purchased a Z30. After about a week that thing is a dust collector in my room as I much prefer my Q10. But then again that's just my opinion. Nobody is right
    Yep - opinion is opinion. I am the opposite of you in fact. I can't stand BB10 on the claustrophobic screen of the Q10, and prefer the screen real estate of my Z30. My Q10 collections dust, while my Z30 gets the most use.
    06-21-14 05:36 PM
    Phones can't be too long, or they would be unbalanced when you type and hold it at the bottom part of the phone. You'd always have to hold it tighter for the top part not to fall, therefore disturbing the typing experience.

The Torch was a long phone in its time, but today phone screen are way bigger, so more height, and more balance needed for it not to fall.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-21-14 05:37 PM
43 12