One day is not enough for any BlackBerry 10 device. 1- 2 weeks is what it takes to get the full picture.

Posted via CB10
    I think one day is enough for what they stated. No more days are going to make them go away. They do say they really like except for those few things.
    01-19-15 06:01 PM
    I don't know: there's so much lacking in iOS that I don't understand how somebody can't feel the freedom in BB10.

iOS has
    no Flash player,
    no LED
    no HUB
    no USB Hub!!!!!!!!!
    no video HDMI out,
    no Miracast,
    no NFC condivision
    you can't share a song even with whatsapp;
    you cant' send a song to device with USB cord (you have to sincronize with iTunes)
    you cant use device as a USB pendrive
    you can't buy extra SD memory

Do I forgot something?

But it is so ahead in many other areas. And also, everyone has an Iphone!!!!
    01-19-15 06:19 PM
    I can relay partly to what he's saying. I have both, iPhone 6 Plus and Passport. Although I have to admit I'm using the Passport during most of the week, I'm quickly turning to the iphone as soon as I'm going to do an activity that will possibly require taking pictures or an extended road trip.

The passport is completely un usable with 1 hand and the lack of good iTunes sync is a major draw back.

But for Email, twitter, browser search, read the news and edit documents, the Passport beats the 6 plus by 1000%!

All all depends on what you're doing. I'm really looking forward to when BlackBerry will finally get the camera right and get the iTunes Sync to work properly. Blackberry Link is the worse piece of junk I have ever used from BlackBerry. It makes you wish the BlackBerry Desktop Manager was back. But Blend is promising, works ok for quick email (can't attach more than 1 file at once, there are some refresh issues with the sub folders, and BBM is only partially integrated - no group list...) but it at lease it works and it's not crashing all the time like Blackberry Link.
    dejanh likes this.
    01-19-15 06:43 PM
    Yes, one day is too little time to spend on such a unique phone. Took me around 2 months to get really comfortable with it. If you still have it, maybe give it more time?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:45 PM
    I can relay partly to what he's saying. I have both, iPhone 6 Plus and Passport. Although I have to admit I'm using the Passport during most of the week, I'm quickly turning to the iphone as soon as I'm going to do an activity that will possibly require taking pictures or an extended road trip.

The passport is completely un usable with 1 hand and the lack of good iTunes sync is a major draw back.
    That's your experience and opinion. My experience is quite different.

I have been on extended trips with other members of my family who have android or apple phones. I have always used my Passport or Z30 all day and sometimes all night (on long flights) for everything: taking pictures, watching live streaming TV, reading books, listening to music, answering and writing emails, surfing the web. They could definitely not keep up because their phones ran out of battery or could not do some of these activities (like live streaming BBC World in Indonesia ). Even when taking pictures on vacation, the pictures I take are as good as theirs and the videos are better!

Is iTunes the only music store in the world?
    Why do you have to get your music from itunes? If you declare that you want to switch the phone platform can you not accept that you may have to get your music from another store? Do you care about the music content or buying it from itunes?
    Does Apple support other music stores?

I don't care much for one-handed use but I can surf the Web, select a song to play, start most apps on my screen, and read emails on the Passport with one hand. No problem.
    If you want to type effectively, you have to use two hands on all devices, especially on iphone6 plus.
    Otherwise, I can place my passport down on a hard surface and type with one hand just as fast as anyone does on an iphone 6, while doing whatever with the other hand, just like I am doing now when typing this text.
    What's more, I can multitask with combinations of these activities.
    My passport is almost as good at multitasking as my Linux (Windows is not good for multitaskin) laptop, which is why I hardly use my laptop anymore. You cannot do that with an iphone 6 plus.
    Last edited by sorinv; 01-19-15 at 07:34 PM.
    01-19-15 07:24 PM
    What is it ahead in???

State facts please

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:30 PM
    iTunes is a horrible music synching service and very closed off.

I'd rather download my own music at any file type and bit rate. (higher the better...FLAC anyone) and have the freedom to synch whatever music I feel I need on the fly via micro SD card or what have you.

Relying on iTunes as a music service is in my opinion crippling

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:34 PM
    I think the whole app issue is psychological... Users simply do not like the idea that they do not have app choices others may have using a different ecosystem.... Does not matter whether they use them or not.... they simply cannot stand the idea they are being left out..... even with just Amazon and BB world there is a diverse selection..... Add in Snap or Google Play store ( thanks again Cobalt!!!)... what are you really lacking??? ... a couple of core Google products... if it is that important to you buy a Google device that supports Google play as you obviously made the wrong smartphone choice....
    mk2234 and thymaster like this.
    01-19-15 07:43 PM
    I think the whole app issue is psychological... Users simply do not like the idea that they do not have app choices others may have using a different ecosystem.... Does not matter whether they use them or not.... they simply cannot stand the idea they are being left out..... even with just Amazon and BB world there is a diverse selection..... Add in Snap or Google Play store ( thanks again Cobalt!!!)... what are you really lacking??? ... a couple of core Google products... if it is that important to you buy a Google device that supports Google play as you obviously made the wrong smartphone choice....
    Totally concur with this statement dbmalloy

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:46 PM
    Closed for review.
    01-19-15 07:48 PM
    [WARN]All,

If you can comment without getting personal, or labelling others as trolls, please continue to discuss (not argue). If not, please move on to another thread.[/WARN]

Re-opened
    Elite1, kbz1960 and andy957 like this.
    01-19-15 08:11 PM
    What is it ahead in???

State facts please
    Chill... He was just being sarcastic.
    01-19-15 08:18 PM
    I hardly can't imagine typing long and important eMails on an Iphone. Just can't.

And we are in an era where we type a lot: Email, SMS; Messaging, Facebook, Blogs, comments, etc.

But again. I was watching the Passport commercial on the official youtube channel. And I just read a comment that summons it up perfectly:

"I don't think people understand. This phone was not made for people who like wearing skinny jeans, and acting like a hipster. This was made for people in suits like Multi-Billionaire CEO's and government agencies due to it being secure and for being mainly made for getting work done period. These kind of people didn't get to where they are by playing around on silly games like candy crush. They are serious people who need a serious phone to be as productive as possible. Because of those reasons alone the Blackberry will never die, maybe it won't be as popular as it was back it the day, but it will never die. I'm not trying to say the Blackberry is the best phone in the world but they have a purpose just like how ios, android, and windows phones have there own purpose in the mobile phone market."
    01-19-15 08:20 PM
    Closed for review.
    Where did my post go
    01-19-15 08:23 PM
    I can relate to the OP on some level. I am also having a hard time adjusting the the PP. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and while there are many things I like about it there are also many thing I don't.

I am currently also using a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and yes they are very different phones.

I love the KB on the Passport and I can type out an email or a message MUCH faster and with far less errors than on the Z3C. I do like OS 10 and am getting more and more use to it.

The camera on the PP is absolute garbage! It's not even close the Z3C flat out demolishes the PP camera. One handed use is impossible on the PP but it easy as heck on the Z3.

The Z3 gets a slight edge as far as build quality is concerned and the Z3 is waterproof which is an added bonus in my book.

When I use the PP I like much about it but as soon as I switch back to the Z3C I find that I like it better. Most of my Android apps work fine on the PP but a major bummer is that although Garmin Connect will load on the PP many features do not work. I can pair it no problem with the Garmin Edge 1000 but alerts do not work on it like they do on Android. I cycle daily and this is a pretty important feature for me.

I'm just not sure. As I said the PP and the Z3C are night and day different phones. I love the KB on the PP and I love the larger screen. Hub is one of the best features on the planet!
    01-19-15 08:28 PM
    Where did my post go
    Don't worry about it and move on. Best thing to do.
    raqball likes this.
    01-19-15 08:32 PM
    I commend you for trying BB10 and the new Passport, but how on earth can you give up after only one day? Heck, when I went from my iPhone to the Z10 it took me more than a few days to get used to the OS, however the transition is very worth it and for productivity there is no comparison to BlackBerry.

Hope you come back to BlackBerry!

Posted from my  BlackBerry Z30
    01-19-15 08:34 PM
    I think one day is enough for what they stated. No more days are going to make them go away. They do say they really like except for those few things.
    I disagree. Even with what was stated a minimum of 1 week is needed to get flying on the keyboard,gestures and get everything setup the way you want it.
    01-19-15 08:48 PM
    First thing you should consider when going for a BlackBerry device - Do you send and receive email on the go?

Second is, do you want to receive emails same time (or couple of seconds) they were sent?

Third, do you want to look professional by responding quick with zero typos?

Anything outside of these reasons can be taken care of other platform and devices. You can compare about ecosystems, browsers, camera and apps the whole day, but you cannot compare the above reason with any platform aside of BlackBerry.

Now if you want something bigger, better, faster and up to date to use with the above reasons, let's talk again. Maybe the passport is for you.

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"
    01-19-15 08:55 PM
    I disagree. Even with what was stated a minimum of 1 week is needed to get flying on the keyboard,gestures and get everything setup the way you want it.
    I don't see where he mentioned the kb or gestures. In fact he said he likes those.
    01-19-15 08:58 PM
    You made some valid points that some here don't like to hear about their "Precious." Some of the things you miss will begin to be less important if you give yourself more time with the Passport and BBOS. Patience Danielson. ;-)
    01-19-15 09:12 PM
    Even when taking pictures on vacation, the pictures I take are as good as theirs and the videos are better!
    You're either dreaming or your standards are exceptionally low or they're using iPhone 3's and HTC One V's LOL - I'm just as much of a BB fan as most of you here are but I have to call a spade a spade - The PP camera takes crappy pictures but it maybe caused by the crappy camera software.
    01-19-15 09:45 PM
    Everyone has an iPhone?
    Quite a trick with a market share of 10%.
    BTW: In the meantime, even Windows mobile has closed the gap to iPhone.
    Samsung alone sells 4 times as many phones as Apple.
    Not that I'm a Samsung fan - just stating the obvious.

Posted via CB10
    sorinv likes this.
    01-19-15 10:29 PM
    I also relate to the OP, and I've had my Passport for over a month. Was taken by the design and the keyboard, so gave it a shot.

Love the form factor, the Hub, swipe navigation, screen, the clock, etc., but I'm still going to return it and stick with my iPhone 6 Plus. Here's why:

Bugs! Maybe I got a defective device, but this is the main reason to return it. Feels beta.
    - For example, the keyboard trackpad scrolling doesn't work consistently, even in the apps it's supposed to function in (including the Hub). The double-tap for cursor doesn't always respond and when it does it doesn't move freely across the text. Brilliant when the trackpad is on, frustrating when it's off.
    - Another inconsistency is the touchscreen responsiveness. Links and deletes often don't respond. The calculator is nearly useless because of this, because you punch the numbers only to find only some of them registered. Then you have to correct it, retyping slowly.

Also, there seems to be a physical flaw on my phone. The "T" key came with an indentation in it (is that supposed to be like that?). And the keys aren't perfectly aligned as I would like, and that's exacerbated by my Passport being in the white color.

I also have more subjective reasons to return the Passport. I didn't realize how much I'd miss the polish of iOS apps. Knew going in that BB had few apps, but hoped my main ones would at least operate as smoothly.

Also, the physical keyboard maybe isn't my style after all. At least this built-in, physical-touchscreen hybrid one. No increase in typing speed and had just as many typos as a touchscreen. Thought Passport would cure my touchscreen typing blues.

And Passport doesn't lend itself to casual one-finger typing when the phone is lying on the desk or on a stand, the way a touchscreen does.

(Passport also beans me in the face when I try to type lying on my back.)

I do wish iOS had a Hub, swipe nav, etc. It seems like Blackberry could make an iOS app to replicate many of these cool BB10 features.

I do look forward to Passport 2 or any touchscreen device BB might make.

Really wanted it to work out with the Passport. If mine ran smoothly, it would be such an awesome lil' computer. Good to hear that it works for so many others.

Ultimately, though, an external Bluetooth keyboard seems most effective for my typing needs.

P.S. I had to type this on my iPhone, because the Crackberry app on the Passport wouldn't even let me type anything to login. There's a login page, but it won't let you type anything in the fields.
    01-19-15 10:46 PM
    01-19-15 11:08 PM
75 123