I moved. In 1 week you'll realize the classic was holding you back due to the beautiful size and physical + virtual keyboard of the passport. I am soooo impressed with the passport. This is someone who owns a q10, classic, iphone 6, BlackBerry priv, then passport.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, so I'm getting myself a nice gift for Christmas

Posted via CB10
    Darkfibre80 likes this.
    12-06-15 02:04 AM
    I checked both OG and SE together first time in my life at Frankfurt pop up store and I was really shocked to find that I liked OG more than SE. I took it in hands again and again to confirm my like. I was loving SE in all the pictures I saw and also suggested to many blindly saying u would ofcorz love SE more than OG. But now I know I was wrong.
    So now I will be picking an Black OG and also Red Original Case, so I can swap time to time

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2813
    12-06-15 04:46 AM
    I chose the og because th se looked bulkier but the og has the looks.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 04:54 AM
    I have an OG and my friend has an SE. I feel the SE looks cheap beside the OG.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    12-06-15 06:58 AM
    I have an OG and my friend has an SE. I feel the SE looks cheap beside the OG.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    I know what you mean. The original black looks like a serious BlackBerry and the added curved edges makes it sleek. I'm returning my SE over a black I bought 2 weeks later. Mainly because the look and form factor of the black. But typing is a little nicer on SE (softer) not so loud.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 08:08 AM
    Will that uKarbon skin stay on even despite the constant sliding in and out of pockets?

Posted via CB10
    Good question!
    Let's see what kind of experience users had with ukarbon skins then

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 09:13 AM
    SE wins. Easier to type with, equal good looks to original imo. We just need BlackBerry to work on QC with uneven backlit keyboard and screen lift issues.

Ps. for macbook pro owners, the SE is a natural companion. :-D. Seat the two together and you will see what I mean - drool!!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 10:04 AM
    It will not be called 'Passport', if it is not like passport...

And we will all probably agreed that there is no passport similar to the shape of SE...

Posted via CB10
    For all intensive purposes it's a Passport with some mid cycle refreshes.
    No Reason to drop the name,in fact the name is proprietary and unique to BB.
    It simply looks different with minor aesthetic changes,same hardware same OS.
    12-06-15 11:59 AM
    For all intensive purposes.
    For all intents and purposes
    12-06-15 03:50 PM
    Have both prefer the SE. Easier type feels more balanced.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 05:25 PM
    I love the first model (OG). It's the most beautiful. It's a piece of art.
    12-06-15 06:00 PM
    Believe it or not my first passport was the se, enjoyed it but ended up returning it. I now have a og black and love it much more then the se!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    This is exactly my case it has been sooooo difficult to decide but went with black mainly due to form factor, all black, and slightly shorter, and smooth feel. The OG feels easier to slip in and out pockets because of the rounded edges. But I was on the fence for 2 weeks while I was using both. I prefer the keyboard on the SE - not for the softness but for the fact it is less "poppy" and quieter.

Posted via CB10
    nicky_willz and Adi Marwan like this.
    12-06-15 06:17 PM
    How's the ergonomic then? There have been quite a few mixed user-reviews regarding the ergonomic of both phone. Some say that the Black Passport isn't very comfortable when typing long emails/conversation, and also the slightly longer chin on the Silver Edition helps with holding it for longer time.

I am also trying to decide whether to buy either Black Passport or SE.. however, SE is not available in my country, so would have to take the risk about warranty in case anything happen..
    12-06-15 07:01 PM
    I just never saw a reason to pay for the same phone with a different look. All I hear about the SE is the keyboard is more comfortable to type on. My question is when was the OG Passport ever uncomfortable to type on? Granted the keys were a bit stiff when I first bought it but now they are just right.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 09:41 PM
    Well, I went ahead and bought it!
    Black is the new black :P, looks so pro and premium

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 06:46 AM
    Well, I went ahead and bought it!
    Black is the new black :P, looks so pro and premium

Posted via CB10
    Yay! Congrats! You definitely won't regret it. It may take you some time to get used to the keyboard, but have patience and it'll be second nature before you know it.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:41 PM
    Yay! Congrats! You definitely won't regret it. It may take you some time to get used to the keyboard, but have patience and it'll be second nature before you know it.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed it takes a while to adapt to the keyboard and the size but overall experience is so different from the classic, in a good way.
    Much more fluid and the screen is gorgeous!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 04:10 AM
    Thinking to move to passport from the classic, went and tried both passports today and surprisingly I liked the black og better.
    SE felt bigger, thicker and the keys too soft.
    OG feels sexier with the smooth sides and cooler with that black pro look.
    Just me 2 centts

Posted via CB10
    So what phone are you on now? Are you using the Passport still? Which one, original or silver edition? Or did you go to a Classic?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 09:28 PM
    I just got my SE from Nicky today and love it. It feels slippery verses my ATT Passport but I am just use to it I guess!
    So now I have the SE PP, ATT PP & ATT Classic for the weekends.
    12-22-15 10:10 PM
    I had the black "OG" and later sold it for an SE.

having used both, my thoughts:

1) the black OG looks better. looks black, stealthy, understated, and the way the screen edges curve down and melt into the sides is a wonderful touch of design.

2) the SE is better ergonomically. the bigger 'chin' and the lighter-effort keyboard makes it a breeze to hold and type on.

3) the SE kind of hides the square-ness of the phone, while the OG flaunts it.

my perfect passport would be the black 'OG' with the SE's keyboard and chin, but with black frets and wireless charging. I know the ATT one is close, but... I would prefer to stay unlocked and unbranded..

Blackberry Passport SE, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    12-22-15 10:20 PM
    So what phone are you on now? Are you using the Passport still? Which one, original or silver edition? Or did you go to a Classic?

Posted via CB10
    Happy user of Black!
    Classic still home as my wife is using it by i'm not tempted at all.
    Passport feels and looks better in every aspect

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    12-23-15 02:14 AM
    I had the black "OG" and later sold it for an SE.

having used both, my thoughts:

1) the black OG looks better. looks black, stealthy, understated, and the way the screen edges curve down and melt into the sides is a wonderful touch of design.

2) the SE is better ergonomically. the bigger 'chin' and the lighter-effort keyboard makes it a breeze to hold and type on.

3) the SE kind of hides the square-ness of the phone, while the OG flaunts it.

my perfect passport would be the black 'OG' with the SE's keyboard and chin, but with black frets and wireless charging. I know the ATT one is close, but... I would prefer to stay unlocked and unbranded..

Blackberry Passport SE, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    Couldn't agree more on every point!!
    Except for the ATT one which might be close for the chin part (don't know about the softness of the keys) but not so for the looks. The ATT looks like a bigger Classic and it looses that wonderful touch of design that you mention in point 1. I wouldn't trade that for anything

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    12-23-15 05:16 AM
    I have the AT&T version of Passport and love it. Keep in mind I am not one that gets pleased easily (moved from iphone 6+ to Lumia 940XL), and I can totally say that Passport rocks. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 07:54 AM
    The original black Passport: The choice for those with strong thumbs!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 08:19 AM
    I've moved between Passport to Classic and now back to Passport OG.

Classic is better in the hand and has that keyboard. However Classic is underpowered and strangely heavy. i do love the old school experience and that no one will steal my phone or look twice. Passport keyboard takes getting used to, and it's definitely a two-handed device, but is so. much. more. powah. Passport can handle google Play emulation, etc. Reading, GPS and nav - it's just a much superior product unless you want to keep everything in your life a little simple and DOS-like with Classic. Also, the scrollable keyboard is addictive and even on these forums sometimes underrated. I feel that blackberry have come close to perfect with Passport - if only it fit in my car GPS cradle. Classic with upgraded everything - processor, some software improvements, would be comparable in a way to Passport. I recommend you try it out for st least the 30-day Amazon return period.
    12-23-15 10:26 AM
75 123