Thinking to move to passport from the classic, went and tried both passports today and surprisingly I liked the black og better.
    SE felt bigger, thicker and the keys too soft.
    OG feels sexier with the smooth sides and cooler with that black pro look.
    Just me 2 centts

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 09:58 AM
    Thinking to move to passport from the classic, went and tried both passports today and surprisingly I liked the black og better.
    Just me 2 centts

Posted via CB10
    Same reasons I went OG to SE and back to OG. +1

Except for the keyboard. SE keyboard was much better IMO.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    12-03-15 11:32 AM
    Same situation here. Original Passport design is so much coherent.
    peterburns and thanasi like this.
    12-03-15 12:06 PM
    I've never tried the silver edition but I too use and like the black edition. I feel like the silver edition was made to appeal to iPhone users with its all metal case and softer keyboard for people used to virtual keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 12:46 PM
    So now I know which one I want!
    But still not sure to move from classic or not...
    Passport feels a bit awkward and difficult to use one handed.
    Anyone moved from classic to passport or vice versa?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 12:58 PM
    The original of anything is always the best

Posted via CB10
    jameson0107 and alexeysalo like this.
    12-03-15 01:02 PM
    Just me 2 centts

Posted via CB10
    Where did you go try out both the original and silver edition Passports?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 02:08 PM
    Ya Orginal one better in my opinion too!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 03:10 PM
    Same here.

Blackberry Passport
    12-03-15 03:17 PM
    Believe it or not my first passport was the se, enjoyed it but ended up returning it. I now have a og black and love it much more then the se!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    12-03-15 04:31 PM
    Other than the looks, does the improvements of the keyboard and ergonomic are THAT significant to justify the purchase of SE?
    12-03-15 08:24 PM
    Other than the looks, does the improvements of the keyboard and ergonomic are THAT significant to justify the purchase of SE?
    You know what they say about opinions. But for me, it wasn't good enough to keep me from selling. I went back to an OG because it's a sexier device and I can still type great on it.

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    12-03-15 08:31 PM
    To each his own. I tried all three versions. The original with its sharp corners was dead on arrival for those of us who use their front pants of a suit. The ATT and the SE both also have the chin, far superior to hold and type. The heft and sturdiness of build, and the superior back material, made the SE the choice for me. It wasn't about the look because all three look great to me.

Posted via CB10
    shai404 likes this.
    12-03-15 09:37 PM
    I really wish people wouldn't refer to the Passport as the OG.
    12-04-15 12:28 AM
    I had the passport for round 8 months before switching to SE. Although in terms of 'coherence' the passport seems prettier, I got used to the SE very fast. Also I like the SE keyboard more. I'd say it's a matter of personal preference... whatever passport you use, you'll be really satisfied

Posted via CB10
    quilla_b likes this.
    12-04-15 12:40 AM
    Where did you go try out both the original and silver edition Passports?

Posted via CB10
    Oh, there's no chance you would know or/and be able to find the store :P
    I live in Tirana, Albania, the tiny country east of Italy and west of Greece

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 02:37 AM
    Just one more thing to think about before you buy. I have a black one, a red one and the SE. My wife has a red one and my father in law has a black one and the SE. Maybe we just got lucky or it is the our network on t-mobile but both SE have better signal reception. I'm not talking about how many bars I see on the screen either as that meaningless. There is a dead/weak zone where I test all my phones at and the both SEs hold on to the signal without dropping versus all the other passports will drop every time. I've heard other say that their SE had better receptions too. I have the Classic too and this was the only reason I could make the switch to the passport because my Classic never dropped calls in that area and I wasn't about to give that up if I had a choice. Just something to think about if you are like me (OCD) and picking about signal strengths.
    Also, yes the keyboard is better on the SE, but I guess that is a matter of preference. I never thought I would like the passport due to the 3 row keyboard but the SE helped me use it long enough to give it try and I'm happy with it now. I still love the Classic too but once you feel the speed of the passport and enjoy the nice wide screen, it is hard to turn back. Good luck in your decision.
    12-04-15 03:49 AM
    Just one more thing to think about before you buy. I have a black one, a red one and the SE. My wife has a red one and my father in law has a black one and the SE. Maybe we just got lucky or it is the our network on t-mobile but both SE have better signal reception. I'm not talking about how many bars I see on the screen either as that meaningless. There is a dead/weak zone where I test all my phones at and the both SEs hold on to the signal without dropping versus all the other passports will drop every time. I've heard other say that their SE had better receptions too. I have the Classic too and this was the only reason I could make the switch to the passport because my Classic never dropped calls in that area and I wasn't about to give that up if I had a choice. Just something to think about if you are like me (OCD) and picking about signal strengths.
    Also, yes the keyboard is better on the SE, but I guess that is a matter of preference. I never thought I would like the passport due to the 3 row keyboard but the SE helped me use it long enough to give it try and I'm happy with it now. I still love the Classic too but once you feel the speed of the passport and enjoy the nice wide screen, it is hard to turn back. Good luck in your decision.
    Thanks for the honest and helpful feedback!
    I did notice reception improvement of Classic vs iphone5 or vs my wife's Galaxy S3.
    Surprising to hear that OG passport fares worse than the Classic though
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Genti Xhaferraj; 12-04-15 at 04:49 AM.
    12-04-15 04:24 AM
    SE better IMO..had the OG..ATT version and the SE...way more compliments on the SE also....

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 06:00 AM
    Got my new AT&T PP yesterday. WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG!?! What a beautiful work of craftsmanship.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 06:14 AM
    SE better IMO..had the OG..ATT version and the SE...way more compliments on the SE also....

Posted via CB10
    To each his own I guess
    To me it seemed sturdy, like a tough brick made to endure and take a beating.
    And the side edges a bit too aggressive for my taste. The original by the other hand feels smoother and curvy on the sides. Sure, the corners are pointy but somehow they fit to the square design

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 06:38 AM
    About 4 days in with the SE and am loving it! Though I never used the black one... I waited this long for a BBPP so I got the SE ($489 Amazon.com)

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2474
    12-04-15 06:39 AM
    I prefer the original too. I had an SE that had a screen issue so went back, now have the black one and it just feels better in the hand.
    12-04-15 12:57 PM
    Just completed first month of owernship of a SE. I can only comment on this model but I liken it to a Harley. Heavy, wrong seat and handle bars, won't go everywhere but built too last, proud to own, love to look at it and friends secretly want one. It's a keeper and feels North american.

Posted via CB10
    Insync likes this.
    12-04-15 02:11 PM
    Just completed first month of owernship of a SE. I can only comment on this model but I liken it to a Harley. Heavy, wrong seat and handle bars, won't go everywhere but built too last, proud to own, love to look at it and friends secretly want one. It's a keeper and feels North american.

Posted via CB10
    A Harley, you on drugs, its better than that hog,
    12-04-15 04:45 PM
75 123