What car charger are folks finding success with the Passport? I have a BB car charger with the additional USB out port but my Passport keeps giving me the message "To charge your device faster..." In reality, the charger only slows the drain when I am using it for navigation and on long trips, I am running low on juice. I am not sure of the amp rating but am thinking of going to a higher rated charger. Any suggestions as to what has worked well for others?

Thanks.

Kurt
    10-07-14 02:55 PM
    Is this the one you have? (1800 mA).

Otherwise, here's a link to the official Passport accessories from BlackBerry. The non-car charger they have is 1300 mA so anything outputting that (minimum) would suffice.
    10-07-14 03:05 PM
    You can find a PlayBook charger for like $3 on ebay. It should work for the Passport but don't quote me

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:25 PM
    I checked and it is the.1.8 so I would have thought that would suffice but apparently not. I will check out BestBuy to see what amperage they offer, try it and report back.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:56 PM
    What car charger are folks finding success with the Passport? I have a BB car charger with the additional USB out port but my Passport keeps giving me the message "To charge your device faster..." In reality, the charger only slows the drain when I am using it for navigation and on long trips, I am running low on juice. I am not sure of the amp rating but am thinking of going to a higher rated charger. Any suggestions as to what has worked well for others?

Thanks.

Kurt
    I use the same one in my car and have not encountered the issue you described.
    Chargers can burn out! In July when I got my Z30, the USB plug died after three days use where it stopped charging.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-08-14 07:31 AM
    Purchased an Insignia Dual Port Car Charger rated at 3.4 amps and it definitely charges while the Passport is running a navigation app. It was a bit pricey at 30 bucks but now that I know it works, I may try to find more on line for my other cars.

Kurt
    10-09-14 02:52 PM