Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find any good solutions.

I'm trying to go from the Q10 to a PP and I'm remembering the headache I went through to get some of my stuff on my Q10. Obviously BlackBerry Link is a... [Let me reserve my comment]. I've had some success with "Device Switch" app, but it doesn't move my texts (always errors out) or my Word Substitutions; I use my Word Substitutions A LOT. Anyone have any great tips/apps that could help?

THANK YOU.
    02-07-15 10:55 PM
    Do yourself a favour and get the app Back up pro, it's 5 bucks but it's the best app for backing up all kinds of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    02-08-15 12:26 AM
    Moving from a Q10 to a Passport means a different sim card. Sms and phone calls are a carrier "section". Therefore you need to save your sms on an app that is compatible with the Q10 software and 10.3, Passport which is almost a different OS in capabilities. When you do the switch there is a clear warning that not all your data will be transferred due to the different OS.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    02-08-15 12:50 AM
    Your word substitution data is device resident. With the change of OS, you will start from scratch on the Passport. I don't know if BackupPro backs your word substitution data. The passport set up is a hybrid virtual and keyboard and learns differently from the previous Z30. I have no experience in the Q10. Hopes all of that helps.

IamSuperMas likes this.
    02-08-15 12:54 AM
    In my experience, it was the Device Switch app taut gave me a headache. It was BlackBerry link that gave me the smooth transition. All my SMS, contacts, and word substitution were intact in my Passport. I don't know if it can help. Maybe try another full back up of your q10 then make another attempt of using BlackBerry link to transfer data to your Passport. Good luck.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-08-15 02:49 AM
    Do yourself a favour and get the app Back up pro, it's 5 bucks but it's the best app for backing up all kinds of stuff.

Posted via CB10
    I read the description on this app, and it says it does not back up word substitution due to BlackBerry restricting access. The developer would offer it, but BlackBerry has to allow access.

Posted via CB10
    IamSuperMas and anon(9208252) like this.
    02-08-15 10:07 AM
    Your word substitution data is device resident. With the change of OS, you will start from scratch on the Passport. I don't know if BackupPro backs your word substitution data. The passport set up is a hybrid virtual and keyboard and learns differently from the previous Z30. I have no experience in the Q10. Hopes all of that helps.

Not true! I backed up my Z10 and restored the data to my passport including texts and word substitution and my custom dictionary. In fact, it restored everything. It was a 10.2.1 backup too. Using Link.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    02-08-15 10:26 AM
    Not true! I backed up my Z10 and restored the data to my passport including texts and word substitution and my custom dictionary. In fact, it restored everything. It was a 10.2.1 backup too. Using Link.PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    I also transferred from a Z10 to a Passport just a few weeks ago using the latest version of Link that comes bundled with Blend. Went very smooth. I did upgrade the OS on the Passport to the latest Leak first.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Non-Destructive Upgrade to 10.3.1.2243.
    02-08-15 08:18 PM
    In my experience, it was the Device Switch app taut gave me a headache. It was BlackBerry link that gave me the smooth transition. All my SMS, contacts, and word substitution were intact in my Passport. I don't know if it can help. Maybe try another full back up of your q10 then make another attempt of using BlackBerry link to transfer data to your Passport. Good luck.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    I've tried that; on completely different and new computers too... I get nothing but errors. BlackBerry link is sooooo frustrating.
    02-09-15 01:04 AM
    I also transferred from a Z10 to a Passport just a few weeks ago using the latest version of Link that comes bundled with Blend. Went very smooth. I did upgrade the OS on the Passport to the latest Leak first.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Non-Destructive Upgrade to 10.3.1.2243.
    Kinda nervous to load leaks yet on it, especially with backing up and restore being such a pain in the...

I've downloaded the latest Link on two PC's and a Mac too, just get error messages when trying to restore.
    02-09-15 01:06 AM