I know how to transfer files to my PC via a WiFi connection using BlackBerry Blend. However, uploading very large files is slow and often causes the connection to break.

Does anyone know how to transfer files from a BlackBerry Passport to a PC using a USB connection? I tried experimenting with BlackBerry Blend and BlackBerry Link, but I couldn't find any file transfer method that involves USB.

Thanks.
    02-19-16 04:32 PM
    you can just drag and drop when hooked up via usb
    02-19-16 04:39 PM
    Plugging in the phone should map the internal and SD card storage as network drives, if you have BlackBerry Device Manager working. For something more limited but much faster, enable Mass Storage Mode on your device when plugging in: the SD card is directly mounted.
    rcranz likes this.
    02-19-16 04:42 PM
    you can just drag and drop when hooked up via usb
    The folder hierarchy of my BlackBerry Passport does not appear on my Windows file explorer when I plug in the USB cable. I don't think there are any problems with the USB cable itself, because this is the same cable I use as my power adapter cable.

Could I be missing a device driver on my Windows 7 PC?
    02-19-16 05:19 PM
    The folder hierarchy of my BlackBerry Passport does not appear on my Windows file explorer when I plug in the USB cable. I don't think there are any problems with the USB cable itself, because this is the same cable I use as my power adapter cable.

You have to turn on usb mass storage in your settings.
    rcranz likes this.
    02-19-16 05:39 PM

Does Link recognize the device?

Is the BlackBerry Device Manager service running?

Latest Blend bundle?
    02-19-16 06:40 PM
    Thanks guys, that worked. I just needed to turn on the Mass Storage setting and reboot my phone. Now I can access the files on my SD card from Windows Explorer.
    Chris Chin likes this.
    02-19-16 08:29 PM
    Good day to all.

I tried to copy / sync music from pc to my Passport but it seems like it takes forever. So then I tried to drag and drop method but the speed suddenly decreased sharply to none like something tried to cut the transfer off.

During the battery fast-drainage problem I reloaded my Passport to the previous OS. Would that have any relations to what i'm facing right now?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 12:23 AM
    I also try to connect my PP SE to my macbook pro and I cannot.

How can I activate the BlackBerry Device Manager service ??
    06-03-16 05:26 AM
    You have to turn on usb mass storage in your settings.
    This is not working for me either, evidently turning on USB mass storage is not enough.
    06-20-16 11:14 AM