Hey yall. I've just recently re-aquired a passport which I love. But I find myself fantasizing about the old 9900 and the track pad. Knowing I could have pretty well the experience as with the passport but with the old school track pad is very intriguing but I don't know if I'd regret it. I watch youtube a little but usually that's on an iPad, that's the only real Media consumption for me. Looking for advice. I know the obvious cons, crappier camera, smaller screen, slower processor, smaller battery. Am I missing anything. Are those flaws all that noticeable when you mainly text and call? Should I go for it? Or should I stick with the bigger, more updated passport
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 12:39 AM
    YAY!
    If it's about the keyboard and toolbelt, definitely get the Classic. You won't regret it.
    mototopo likes this.
    07-12-17 12:43 AM
    Well, I personally use a 9900 as my mobile phone. I love the pkb, the small size, the comfort of use, and the toolbelt with trackpad.

I have a passport that is now my home wifi device. I can still use it as a phone, but for now I prefer the small size of the 9900, which does all I need a phone to do. I don't need a portable entertainment / gaming unit.

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    07-12-17 01:44 AM
    How do you find the battery on the 9900?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 01:47 AM
    Personally, I have a Passport, and my wife has a Classic. I admit to having toolbelt envy when it comes to the Classic, but I just can't part with that big screen. For me, the Passport always wins.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 02:14 AM
    How do you find the battery on the 9900?

Posted via CB10
    A charge will last me the day with regular usage. This morning, I started at 86% and ended at 41% midnight. In between, I sent several texts, read some kindle and crackberry and took a 30-minute phone call. I kept data on the whole time and wifi off. I play no games, and when not used, the 9900 holds its charge with virtually no change at all.

I treat my 9900 more like a phone and pda than some social media or music / video hub.

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    07-12-17 02:22 AM
    Nay. Classic as cute and compact and precise. It is slower and the smaller screen is a regress.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 08:56 PM
    Pros:
    * toolbelt
    * trackpad (although PP capacitive kb somewhat lessens that advantage)

Cons:
    * smaller screen (harder to read, less sharp)
    * slower processor
    * smaller battery
    * worse camera

If you just want to try it for the fun of it, sure go ahead and try it out. But don't trade your Passport away...it's clearly the superior device.
    anon(10252394) likes this.
    07-13-17 11:02 PM
    My main is a Passport SE and I use a Classic when I go into environments where I prefer a bullet proof phone.

70 % of the time I use my passport but switch to the Classic in a Seideo or Otterbox Defender in mills.

I prefer the Passport for the screen and cpu. I also prefer the capacitive keyboard over the scroller.

The Classic is fine for phone and quick text, but I prefer the lager Passport keyboard now that I'm used to it.

My 0.02$

Chris - ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.3.2205
    07-14-17 08:01 AM
    I wouldn't trade a passport for any other bb10 device. It was (IMO) the best BlackBerry 10 device built with a PKB. Solid device!
    07-14-17 08:27 AM
    Passport is overrated. Classic is the way to go, for me. Even now when I'm having Aurora as my daily, I still have dreams of Classic's PKB sometimes. I miss it.
    07-14-17 08:29 PM
    I am selling both my white Passport and Classic and the Passport hands down got waaaay more interest. That probably tells you.

But don't let the market dictate what YOU want. If the Classic is a better form factor, then that's all the reasoning you need.

I'll be keeping my Classic since I don't wanna sell it for less than what I'm asking for and it's still a solid phone.
    07-14-17 09:29 PM
    Nay!!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 09:46 PM
    NAY!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-17 05:16 AM
    I like my Passport but if I could have found a Blue Classic I would snatched that up and retired the PP. I love the one handed use of the Curves so the Classic appeals to me more than the PP.
    Now I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ which I like. I would have preferred that it was designed like the Classic, tool belt, trackpad, but with a proportion sized screen for Android.
    I may still get a Classic just for work emails instead of using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    07-15-17 07:24 AM
    I went ahead and did it. I gotta say I don't have any regrets so far. I traded for a used classic and after I got home I tried a call (because I'm too stupid to do that beforehand) and the ear speaker is completely shot. I told the guy and he's one of those guys who has a billion phones and he's going to give me another one and let me keep this one! The ear speaker I'm sure will be a cheap fix. I was just annoyed because the passport I traded for it was pristine good thing there's still honest people out there. :-D

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-16-17 05:54 AM
    cambio mi clasicc por una passport aqui esta mi numero +50588163533
    07-17-17 08:48 PM
    te la compro ho te la cambio por clasica mi numero +50588163533
    07-20-17 09:19 PM
    I've had the itch to look at the classic again but I feel the big reason why I enjoy bb10 is with the passport for its screen (work wide) and loud speakers. It's incredible the difference the screen makes for best utilizing the hub and calendar.

-passport SE
    07-21-17 09:31 AM
    Do it! I just did and it's amazing. Even though I didn't ditch my passport completely Classic is much better for me because of it's size and toolbelt.

Bush did bb10
    07-21-17 11:53 AM
    I have both, love the classic but every time I attempt to go back I find myself missing the passport. It can't hurt to give it a try. You may find you like the more compact size. I find that while I love the passports screenn I also like how it just does everything faster than the classic. So that's my take.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 12:00 PM
    I would vote Nay and I personally like the Classic over the Passport in a lot of ways.

The Passport is just too powerful and the touch keyboard beats the track pad in a lot of ways.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    07-21-17 06:20 PM