11-06-16 07:51 PM
43 12
tools
    I would buy a brand new SE.
    I would not trust a used passport, and for the price difference, get a new one directly from bb.
    11-02-16 05:54 PM
    I checked it out very well before buying it, didn't have 1 scratch on it, you can tell it was bought as an unwanted gift
    11-02-16 07:40 PM
    I would buy a brand new SE.
    I would not trust a used passport, and for the price difference, get a new one directly from bb.
    too little to late hehe he already purchased a new pp se

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 07:41 PM
    New indeed, the first Classic and Passport SE I received from BlackBerry all went back under warranty and replaced.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 10:19 AM
    For $20 bucks you basically buy warranty and it's worth it. You never know with BB when you need to use it.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    11-03-16 11:01 AM
    For $20 bucks you basically buy warranty and it's worth it. You never know with BB when you need to use it.
    I can only assume "You never know" because you've never had to!
    I got my first Blackberry right from the start up to the Passport. Never needed any extra warranty.

The only people I've ever known that WOULD need it are those that put their device in their back pocket or "accidentally" dropped it into their fish tank or throw it at someone they're mad at and miss and hit the brick wall instead....

Well, you get the idea!
    andy957 likes this.
    11-03-16 11:43 PM
    Nowadays is hard to get a new passport. Used passport are also fine if they are in good condition.

I just got a new passport red at half the original retail price.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 06:55 AM
    I can only assume "You never know" because you've never had to!
    I got my first Blackberry right from the start up to the Passport. Never needed any extra warranty.

The only people I've ever known that WOULD need it are those that put their device in their back pocket or "accidentally" dropped it into their fish tank or throw it at someone they're mad at and miss and hit the brick wall instead....

Well, you get the idea!
    My passport has uneven lighning on the PKB, my gf's classic has light bleeding at the toolbelt and I've sent a Q10 back to warranty 2-3 times due to keyboard problems - those were brand new. The Priv squeaked brand new and after almost a year the keyboard doesn't slide properly. So yeah, warranty is actually useful.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    11-04-16 07:31 AM
    My passport has uneven lighning on the PKB, my gf's classic has light bleeding at the toolbelt and I've sent a Q10 back to warranty 2-3 times due to keyboard problems - those were brand new. The Priv squeaked brand new and after almost a year the keyboard doesn't slide properly. So yeah, warranty is actually useful.

There's too many for it to be a coincidence. So, it must be a conspiracy.
    Of course, targeting you with all the bad ones would explain why the rest of us have no complaints!
    11-05-16 01:58 AM
    There's too many for it to be a coincidence. So, it must be a conspiracy.
    Of course, targeting you with all the bad ones would explain why the rest of us have no complaints!
    I have bought over a dozen BlackBerry 10 phones. They all worked fine upon arrival. (One of the Q5's screen started to randomly freeze after about 8 months and it was replaced by BlackBerry free of charge). They all are working fine today in spite of abuse.

My silver passport does indeed have uneven lighting on the keyboard (it is brighter on the outsides, dimmer in the middle) and if you really look, there is some minor screen lift on the top right hand corner, but I don't think that is reason enough to return a phone.

The point is, I haven't felt the need to return any, and some people return more than they keep. Do the math and the largest variable is the expectations of the end user.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 08:56 AM
    so far, the SE has been great, the keyboard wasn't lighting up, but I had to install anolder android runtime to uninstall apks successfully, and somehow that fixed the keyboard lighting issue
    11-05-16 09:13 AM
    I will post pics of the SE I bought, its pretty much excellent condition, only 1 tiny ding the size of a pen tip, probably from her case
    11-05-16 09:14 AM
    The point is, I haven't felt the need to return any, and some people return more than they keep. Do the math and the largest variable is the expectations of the end user.

Posted via CB10
    Haven't returned them but the warranty was useful for the Q10.

It's still better to have the option to return or repair them if one cares about these faults.

so far, the SE has been great, the keyboard wasn't lighting up, but I had to install anolder android runtime to uninstall apks successfully, and somehow that fixed the keyboard lighting issue
    I had the same problem with the keyboard on an older software version, but it got fixed with 10.3.2.2836. After a wipe on this version though, the keys would flash from one side to the other. I suspect it was a bug with the tutorial on how to swype to delete. Got fixed with a reboot.

Enjoy your new device!
    11-05-16 01:17 PM
    Just go with the new, $20 bucks isn't that much. Plus getting a new device gives your warranty unlike the used one.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 11:30 PM
    Has anybody noticed that the OP already bought the device he wanted.

The chance is very very slim that you'll have any problem with the used, beat up, ahh... I mean, dinged device. (I'm kidding!)
    Anyone that would spent the money to buy a passport , you'd think would have the common sense to treat it as they would anything worthwhile.
    I've had a Passport since the day it was releast to market. I don't use any body armor on it and I've never dropped it.
    Not so much as a scratch. I went by my local AT&T store while at the local mall and just for the heck of it asked the manager if i could return it. After looking it over, she inquired if the device was new because it looked to her as if i just took it out of the box.

And remember, if needed, you've still got that 20 for therapy??
    11-06-16 06:53 AM
    I got one used but the screen had a chip on the side (funny how it happened without cracking the screen), I think it was from the guy trying to fix the screen lift in the corner. The spacebar does not is not as clicky as my original.
    To fix I ordered a new screen for $75 and a new keyboard for $15 USD. Going to replace myself and it will be like new.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 07:20 AM
    Tough Decision - New Passport or used Passport SE-1478481683363.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Tough Decision - New Passport or used Passport SE-1478481643720.jpg  
    11-06-16 07:21 PM
    That is a beautiful device

Posted via CB10
    jimmy zamalot likes this.
    11-06-16 07:51 PM
43 12