Go for SE. The body chamfers are abit sharp, but the phone works well. I am using priv now, but i miss my pp SE.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-14-16 09:38 PM
    I am using priv now, but i miss my pp SE.
    Sorry for your loss

Traitor, you get what you deserve, a keyboard that isn't ever-present
    04-15-16 01:19 AM
    My Passport SE arrived last night and although I've barely had a couple of spare hours to play with it, I can comment that it is truly a thing of great beauty. The build quality is better than expected and looks even better in the flesh. Loving the illuminated keyboard too. It's brighter than I thought it would be and am happy about that as I often use phone in low light.
    It feels amazing in my hands too.
    04-15-16 04:35 AM
    Cool! I wish I was able to get them both to try them out; the black version looks better to me, while the SE apparently has a better keyboard... In some video review they said the keyboard gets better with use, perhaps some black PP owners can chime in...
    In all honesty I'm not happy I had to order them both (the fact that I'll have to break the seal on SE Passport just to see it and compare it side by side with OG is somehow against my principles). But what one can do when seeing them is practical impossible. Can't help myself but if I had a oportunity I would really kicked Chen's arse hard so he wouldn't be able to sit for at least a week and give him a slap on the top of it. How for a Christ sake someone can sell a product that nobody can't see anywhere? This is not a ZERO marketing, this is a marketing with SUB ZERO level. Absolutely non existing! It's like to marry someone you never met before.
    However, the phones are on their way,will have a look,try and compare which to chose and send one back. Might ask someone from the UK on on forum if anybody interested in a Passport with sale price.
    04-15-16 05:38 AM
    Funny thing is I ordered phones from BlackBerry UK and they've been shipped from a place north of Vienna in Austria (I'm Slovakian living in the UK and this place is just 2 hrs drive from home).
    04-15-16 05:45 AM
    Funny thing is I ordered phones from BlackBerry UK and they've been shipped from a place north of Vienna in Austria (I'm Slovakian living in the UK and this place is just 2 hrs drive from home).
    That's exactly where mine came from too. Really fast delivery. Couldn't believe how quickly I got it especially as I chose the cheapest delivery option.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 06:47 PM
    Mine too ^

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    04-16-16 08:35 AM
    Cool! I wish I was able to get them both to try them out; the black version looks better to me, while the SE apparently has a better keyboard... In some video review they said the keyboard gets better with use, perhaps some black PP owners can chime in...
    OG keyboard gets better with use, but never as good as the SE. I'd get an SE at this point. It took me forever to get a good OG Passport, and then that died after 6 months.

That said, the SE is cheesy, and the OG is high art.
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 04-16-16 at 09:44 AM.
    04-16-16 08:38 AM
    My SE came next day from the US even though I am in Canada. With respect to marketing, I suspect BlackBerry believe that the people who are buying the Passport are existing BlackBerry owners or people staying aware of what's going on, hence no additional advertising.

I chose the Passport over an iPhone 6s when my Z30 didn't cut it for power and storage space.

I would buy a Z30 with Passport power if available.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 09:20 AM
    Hi all. thanks for your input and advice. Just to make an update. Since the last post and for more than a month I still couldn't decide which Passport to buy. Pulled the trigger last night just 5 mins before midnight and, ehm.... I bought BOTH. I was leaning more towards the black one but wanted to see both side by side. So will decide when they're here and hopefully I'll send one back. "Hopefully" because as my wife kept saying she doesn't want a Passport as it is too big for her hands, in a meantime she became a bit "suspicious" and a bit too interested in it
    Man, you would be torn even more having them both on your hands. Let us know how you will handle the situation, or if your wife will give you a hand in this.

SE gives better typing experience with better PK and larger chin. The back gives better grip but will collect dirt like the Z10. The plastic is quite a cheap job so you must be careful when opening the SIM cover. You won't feel the difference with the rounded bottom corner comparing to the OG. On the OG, the only time the corner hits my palm is when I try to reach the other side of the phone. For normal typing with both hand the corners have never been a problem.

And agree with you about kicking Chen's backside for his marketing effort. He has been relying on BlackBerry fan for his sale so no wonder the sale figure got smaller and smaller.

Posted from my Passport
    04-16-16 11:49 AM
    Ive got a near perfect SE Passport for sale, lets make a deal!
    bbm texn884
    04-16-16 12:01 PM
    I just got myself a used OG passport last week, I have to say that I had both in my hands before I made my choice, and even if the SE looked awesome, I love black blackberries... can't help it. I love how the SE reminds an old Polaroid... a futuristic, sleek, classy and awesome polaroid, but it's not for me. OG passport is flashy enough as it is, no need to get more noticed if it's even possible.

Anyway, they are both awesome devices and you're gonna be super happy with either one or the other. Let us know your final decision!!!!

Posted via OG Passport
    05-04-16 08:23 AM
    I've had my OG Passport for almost two years. I really like the keyboard. If I was going to get a new phone I'd try out the SE.
    My Chinese colleagues are all aware of Blackberry but are usually pretty surprised when I show them my phone.
    05-05-16 08:06 AM
    Time for an update (even if it's a bit late one). Both Passports arrived after a week from ordering. Was playing a bit with both and there were a few reasons for returning the SE and decided to keep the black one.
    The differences I've spotted, or the way I've seen it. Even if the OG has less metal in its construction then SE, I've had a feeling that the OG is better built and bigger plastic chin together with silver painted sim cover and speaker grills made it (even if more aluminium was used on it) look somehow cheaper.
    The keyboard on the SE was softer than on OG and felt quite nice when playing with it but after a while I preferred the firmer press of the OG keyboard (somehow the soft feel started to annoy me).
    Even if there is only a few grams difference, the OG felt noticeably lighter in hand. Also the shape/curve of the battery cover on the sides made the SE feel much thicker than it is.
    But the main reasons why I decided to return the SE was the fact that there was a very slight screen lift in the right upper corner. Most of the people wouldn't notice it (it's sometimes hard to be a perfectionist and sometimes it feels as a diagnosis) but it was there. The next thing I noticed was that the upper volume button was softer then the lower button and didn't have that nice crispy click as the lower one.
    And at last, for some reason the phone symbol for opening the call log in the lower left corner wasn't immediately responding to touch. Sometimes I had to touch it 2-3-5 times till it finally opened. The camera symbol in the right corner was on the other hand responding instantly. After deciding that the SE is not the way to go I turned my attention to the black Passport. On the OG Passport everything works the way it should, all buttons got equal sensitivity and all body parts are perfectly aligned. The only thing imperfection I've noticed is that the "U" letter and "Y" on the keyboard is a very very slightly lower backlit (it's more or less visible under a different angles). But from what I found after Google search (the old saying says that all roads lead to Rome, in this case all roads were leading to Crackberry forum) and reading the response from other Passport owners it look it is not a defect but the rather how the light is distributed along the keyboard. Simply, nobody said mine is absolutely equally backlit. Something I can live with (despite my "being perfectionist" diagnosis). Not going to spent another year with looking for a "perfectly" keyboard backlit Passport- if there is any and get something with more serious issues. Things are so far so good, will see how the adaptation to the keyboard goes-compare to Classic.
    Hope you enjoy my comparison and for those withe less patience- sorry for long article.
    Obi-J, psurani and rarsen like this.
    05-06-16 09:29 AM
    Very helpful comments! I've had the Red passport for a while and always thought of getting the SE but would feel the same as you for returning the SE for the same reasons.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 09:53 AM
    Se definitely.
    As OG is OK, SE is more comfortable for me

05-06-16 10:56 AM
    Very helpful comments! I've had the Red passport for a while and always thought of getting the SE but would feel the same as you for returning the SE for the same reasons.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Was trying hard to type my experience and hope it helps someone else to make easier decision. Didn't want to make look the SE Passport worse. I terms of look the OG looks more polished- polished- the look o SE is more industrial. SE is definitely a beautiful phone. But somehow I've had had feeling that even though made from more metal, there was something missing. As if those responsible in the development centre said to themselves .... let's put more aluminium on it to make it it premium but made shortcuts elsewhere,respectively haven't solved the potential existing issues- in a real life might even add more.
    05-06-16 11:42 AM
    My Opinion is, the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is more solid then the Original. In any case of Dropping.

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-08-16 03:12 AM
    Time for an update (even if it's a bit late one). Both Passports arrived after a week from ordering. Was playing a bit with both and there were a few reasons for returning the SE and decided to keep the black one.
    The differences I've spotted, or the way I've seen it. Even if the OG has less metal in its construction then SE, I've had a feeling that the OG is better built and bigger plastic chin together with silver painted sim cover and speaker grills made it (even if more aluminium was used on it) look somehow cheaper.
    The keyboard on the SE was softer than on OG and felt quite nice when playing with it but after a while I preferred the firmer press of the OG keyboard (somehow the soft feel started to annoy me).
    Even if there is only a few grams difference, the OG felt noticeably lighter in hand. Also the shape/curve of the battery cover on the sides made the SE feel much thicker than it is.
    But the main reasons why I decided to return the SE was the fact that there was a very slight screen lift in the right upper corner. Most of the people wouldn't notice it (it's sometimes hard to be a perfectionist and sometimes it feels as a diagnosis) but it was there. The next thing I noticed was that the upper volume button was softer then the lower button and didn't have that nice crispy click as the lower one.
    And at last, for some reason the phone symbol for opening the call log in the lower left corner wasn't immediately responding to touch. Sometimes I had to touch it 2-3-5 times till it finally opened. The camera symbol in the right corner was on the other hand responding instantly. After deciding that the SE is not the way to go I turned my attention to the black Passport. On the OG Passport everything works the way it should, all buttons got equal sensitivity and all body parts are perfectly aligned. The only thing imperfection I've noticed is that the "U" letter and "Y" on the keyboard is a very very slightly lower backlit (it's more or less visible under a different angles). But from what I found after Google search (the old saying says that all roads lead to Rome, in this case all roads were leading to Crackberry forum) and reading the response from other Passport owners it look it is not a defect but the rather how the light is distributed along the keyboard. Simply, nobody said mine is absolutely equally backlit. Something I can live with (despite my "being perfectionist" diagnosis). Not going to spent another year with looking for a "perfectly" keyboard backlit Passport- if there is any and get something with more serious issues. Things are so far so good, will see how the adaptation to the keyboard goes-compare to Classic.
    Hope you enjoy my comparison and for those withe less patience- sorry for long article.
    I have had exactly same experience except the phone pad response. Hope you tried to check screen after removing the screen guard that comes with it?
    Anyways, I felt OG is perfectly built compared to SE and is also cheaper.
    I many times thought to ignore the screen lift issue as it was very little, but then thought it may increase over the period of time and also dust come settle in to make it worst...
    It's sad to see BlackBerry still shipping such devices with screen lift problem. I ordered two of SE and both had same problem.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    05-08-16 10:29 AM
    I've settled for the original black Passport over the SE for mainly the same reasons as most others have been pointing out.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 03:38 AM
    Oh..... I did it again. As I can't imagine my life without PKB I've ordered another Passport, this time white.
    Let's see what am I going to receive next week. Hopefully it will be functioning as good as the black one which runs as good as the very first day. Will have to check it really carefully.
    Hope this time the seals on the box won't look a bit dodgy- never mentioned it but there were two seals on each side, one on the top of another.
    Should be easier this time as I'm familiar with it now. ‎
    10-05-16 09:35 AM
    att and SE Are the best ones. White and red if you need more color next.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-05-16 09:49 AM
47 12