I have been a long time BlackBerry user, and my first device was the BlackBerry 9700. Since then, I have owned every blackberry device. 2 years ago, I got the Iphone 5s . After a month, I returned it and went back-up to my 9900 and later Q10 and the Z30. Currently, I have the PP. This morning, I paid $837 for an ATT iphone 6 (including case and screen protector). Guess what! After 5 hours, I returned the device and the accessories for full refund, and now riding my passport.

The hype about the iphone is not all that it has been portrayed (others may have a different opinion). I can confess that the only reason I bought the iphone was the apple pay and available Apps.....i have realized how dumb that decision was. Everything about the iphone didn't intrigue me. Honestly, I bought the device due to peer pressure cos I wanted to look cool. But now I know that the new cool is to rock a passport. As people will agree with me, the iphone is not for everybody and so does the passport....i didn't like the OS, the home button and everything about the iphone. I am glad to be back on the passport. I hope blackberry continues making better devices with innovative specs and OS....all that app noise is not worth a CrApple device. And CrApple is way behind....and playing catch up ....

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 04:50 PM
    well ive tried all that other stuff as well and no matter how long i stay away or however else i try to use another OS they just aren't as fluent as BB. im not being biased or anything i honestly have tried with other ones and it just doesn't work out i find it really inefficient using something else
    BBlunatic and Boodrew like this.
    06-29-15 05:34 PM
    To be fair, I don't think you really gave it a good test. Sure I also prefer my passport and don't like iphones, but I don't think 5 hours is a really fair test of the device.

But what's done is done.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-29-15 05:39 PM
    I tired an iphone also...4s...kept it for about 9 months. Was not fond of the UI and the battery life was awful, but the apps worked well. Now rocking a Z30 and a Note 2. I will try the iphone 6s plus which will replace my Note 2......will still rock a blackberry though.
    06-29-15 05:47 PM
    Yes, me too. I started with a Curve about 10 years ago. Then the 9780 for five great years, then the 9900. Soon the Passport. I really want one.

Along the way, I tried EVERY platform. I was with iPhone for a year or so. It's not for me. I grew weary of the old "Icons Plastered on the Homescreen" look and the ONE BIG HOME BUTTON press. I was constantly searching for back and menu buttons. Yes, the apps are great. Some apps are freaking beautiful, but not great enough for me to have stayed with iPhone. Siri was the same. Just not earth-shattering. Back to Berry.

Then WindowsPhone. GREAT platform. Loved the live tiles. Cortana was better than Siri. Very limited apps. Reminded me of a Berry without the great communication structure. It did have a HUB on version 8.1, but the inbox was nothing like Berry. So back to Berry.

I currently have an Android quad core 4.3. It's great. Apps like iPhone and I like the customizing you can do with the Widgets. But as a pure communication tool, it lags far behind Berry. I still carry it on my 2nd line (I run two companies) but do all of my email and texting on the berry that is BRIDGED to my Playbook. The reason I'm still on the 9900 is because of Bridge and Playbook. It's awesome for me. I'll get a Passport when the Playbook bites the dust in a year or so.

Berry for my business is unlike anything else. It works superbly. BlackBerry Travel PROPERLY strips out incoming email travel data and automatically places it in Travel and my Calendar correctly every time. Nobex Contacts strips out incoming email contact data and populates a new contact at my approval. Every time. Correctly. The INBOX for Everything - TEXT-EMAIL-TWITTER-ETC is perfect, and ports via Bridge to Playbook perfectly - both ways. These are just a few examples. I'm sure OS10 users have similar stories of what their Berry can do well that others can't.

I stopped looking for something to REPLACE my Berry a while ago. Instead I have a 2nd phone for personal play and apps and a 2nd line. I need two lines anyway, so it works.
    06-29-15 05:49 PM
    With you as well,

Started with my curve which then went to the torch 9800, I absolutely loved that phone but the quick release of the 9810 with a newer os than the 9800 that was released months before and also wouldn't support - left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth:. My torch died at around the 2 year mark and I had been waiting on bb10. Since it wasn't released yet I went to the Galaxy s3 and used it for almost a year - I hated it. Hated everything about the os, and the hardware just felt plasticy and cheap.

As soon as the q10 came out I bought it immediately, then to the z30, then to the passport. Also I had been given a company iPhone for work, I hated ios more than any other os. I also had to use this for two years before I paid for the classic outright myself and stuck my work sim in it.

Now I'm happy
    Took the Plunge, Paid full price, Returned it, and now Rocking my Passport-20150629_200442.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:05 PM
    BBerryPowerUser what is that Contacts app you mention? Can't find that one. Sounds impressive

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:13 PM
    In all honesty, five hours really isn't enough time to judge a phone.

I don't like iphones either, but I actually KNOW that I don't like them. I've used them extensively before, and I have my reasons. I don't understand how someone could spend over 800 dollars on something, only to return it hours later.

Guess we're all different lol

Sent from my Passport
    nhanken likes this.
    06-29-15 07:41 PM
    No need to look 'cool' with a iPhone when your part of an exclusive club with BlackBerry Passport!!

I have been a long time BlackBerry user, and my first device was the BlackBerry 9700. Since then, I have owned every blackberry device. 2 years ago,....and playing catch up ....

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 09:03 PM
    I never ever thought about buying an iphone. I really dont think they look cool at all. Now a BlackBerry, that is cool! Any BlackBerry looks cool! Whether it is the 957 pager, 7520, 8330, Q10, Z30 or the Passport, they are all cool, well except I never did like the Pearl as it had one key for three different letters and slowed me down!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-29-15 09:39 PM
    No need to look 'cool' with a iPhone when your part of an exclusive club with BlackBerry Passport!!
    Ditto, I never ever felt the need to succumb to peer pressure for iFruit phones. My passport is cool and rocking, that's an added bonus in its own way.
    06-29-15 11:00 PM
    You have Android, Apple, Windows and than the bread of all of them mixed into a perfect OS.
    BlackBerry

BlackBerry and Android I would say are the big players in reality. If people actually knew what they were looking at. We all know these two OS so not much to say about them. They both have there strong points.

Windows, Omg what a step by step tiled joke. If windows 8 is any cursor who the heck wants the same for a phone.

Apple, not much better of than windows. But they manage to keep their price over what they offer and the price they charge.....Android shouldn't even be a contender. Pour apple, your going to spoil just like early BlackBerry if they don't wake up.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 11:25 PM
    It all depends on individual preferences I have been an iPhone user since days of 3Gs. I joined BlackBerry lane in the time of 9930. I used my iPhone 4s & 9930 as daily driver, same with iPhone 5s & Z30. Today, I'm on iPhone 6 Plus & BlackBerry Passport as my daily driver.

No SINGLE smartphone got all I need, but combination of these two devices meet my needs due to my work and mobility.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry Passport
    06-30-15 12:09 AM
    Your conclusion may very well likely have been the same, but you really should give any device longer than 5 hours.

I tried a windows phone 3 years ago before BB10 and struggled but gave it a brave 5 days before returning it. I also tried a Galaxy once, but it gave me headaches (literally), and had to return after 3 days.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:45 AM
    I live a double life so I have a beat to crap blacklisted iPhone 6 I use for tinder and snapchat via WiFi at work.
    Other than.
    Blackberry all the way.
    I own a Z30 but I really want the Passport.
    Off topic question out there. And no I'm not sexism one bit, but do you guys consider the red Passport to be feminine at all?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 04:40 AM
    I purchased a Red one as I liked it and wanted to replace the standard Passport. When it arrived my Wife drooled all over it and guess what yep - its now hers hehehe. About the feminine bit, a lot of my friends thinks its girlie but I don't I think they are just jealous as its so beautiful and unisex
    06-30-15 05:35 AM
    Like a friend told me if you don't feel right with the phone then don't get it or keep it or else you're going to sob about during the time you own it.

To be fair, I don't think you really gave it a good test. Sure I also prefer my passport and don't like iphones, but I don't think 5 hours is a really fair test of the device.

But what's done is done.

Work Wide and Prosper

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    06-30-15 08:07 AM
    Very well put!!

Your conclusion may very well likely have been the same, but you really should give any device longer than 5 hours.

I tried a windows phone 3 years ago before BB10 and struggled but gave it a brave 5 days before returning it. I also tried a Galaxy once, but it gave me headaches (literally), and had to return after 3 days.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:14 AM
    That is so true.
    I guess that's why there are so many different models and types.
    Get it, use it, enjoy it and be happy.
    No one needs the hype.

Like a friend told me if you don't feel right with the phone then don't get it or keep it or else you're going to sob about during the time you own it.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:15 AM
    The new cool is not giving in to peer pressure and using what you want to use and in whatever colour you like

Sent from my Hot Pink BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    06-30-15 10:32 AM