01-18-15 02:55 PM
177 123 ...
tools
    I think that when someone makes a lot of changes in a very short time, he doesn't know what he really wants or where he is going.
    First the Passport square, then the Classic with good size but not as good in features as the Passport, now the Passport rounded... maybe tomorrow the Classic square...
    I think that BB is trying to find what we want instead of making a great phone an give it to us.
    Steve Jobs never asked "what you want", he just sell it and the iPhone is a success. Ford did the same, never asked "What kind of horses you want now?" he just sell the automobile.
    Blackberry is great!!!! But they do not know what to do. They do one thing, then another... then another. It's like they are testing the devices with us. That's why companies has a testing lab, right?
    01-07-15 06:15 PM
    PLEASE reread the article pertaining to the AT&T version of the passport....

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:17 PM
    PLEASE reread the article pertaining to the AT&T version of the passport....

Posted via CB10
    Do you really think that is true?? Since when a retailer ask for a special shape on a device? If Verizon ask for a triangle, BB is going to make it? Come on!!!! They are trying to make it better, they know that the new design is easier to handle it and they say: "ATT asked for that". Yeah right!!!!! If TMobile wants the Passport as a candy bar, are they going to do it also?
    NtotheK likes this.
    01-07-15 06:21 PM
    Do you really think that is true?? Since when a retailer ask for a special shape on a device? If Verizon ask for a triangle, BB is going to make it? Come on!!!! They are trying to make it better, they know that the new design is easier to handle it and they say: "ATT asked for that". Yeah right!!!!! If TMobile wants the Passport as a candy bar, are they going to do it also?
    Um, you know AT&T has a very long history of having specific devices built for them right? Even the BlackBerry Torch was BUILT FOR AT&T. Just like the Storm was built for Verizon. It's not just a BlackBerry thing either, they've done it across OEM's for years.
    raqball, thedose, stratax and 28 others like this.
    01-07-15 06:23 PM
    Posted via CB10

Ignore my post, as I was typing Blaze cleared it up for me.

Works for me
    01-07-15 06:24 PM
    ...so did ATT design it ?
    01-07-15 06:28 PM
    Um, you know AT&T has a very long history of having specific devices built for them right? Even the BlackBerry Torch was BUILT FOR AT&T. Just like the Storm was built for Verizon. It's not just a BlackBerry thing either, they've done it across OEM's for years.
    Wasn't build for them. They have the exclusive to sell it, but the phone was created before, not for them.
    I think is good to make something better, what I don't think is good is that we have to pay $600.00 for testing what they should test before.

I'm happy with my Passport, but as I said, if you make a lot of changes in a very short time... you don't know really where you are going.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    OP sounds mad because he wanted a rounded Passport but it's not available

Z10 10.3.1.1133 via CB10
    Wasn't build for them. They have the exclusive to sell it, but the phone was created before, not for them.
    I think is good to make something better, what I don't think is good is that we have to pay $600.00 for testing what they should test before.

I'm happy with my Passport, but as I said, if you make a lot of changes in a very short time... you don't know really where you are going.
    Keep telling yourself that. It was a collaboration between AT&T and BlackBerry. - AT&T and RIM discuss their collaboration on the new BlackBerry Torch 9800 | CrackBerry.com. It has been well documented countless times.

[AT&T] approached RIM about a plan to develop a touch-screen rival to the iPhone, said two former RIM executives. The chief of AT&T’s mobile division visited RIM’s research and development team in Waterloo to stress how important it was for AT&T to have a successful BlackBerry product to sell, according to people familiar with the visit. RIM said the objective of the visit was to develop “a differentiated, unique BlackBerry experience for AT&T customers.
    A new round of interviews with former RIM employees has revealed that AT&T and Verizon had recruited RIM to make an iPhone competitor. We all know how that panned out. Verizon's earlier efforts resulted in the BlackBerry Storm, while AT&T's created the BlackBerry Torch. Vodafone had also collaborated with RIM to specifically launch something that could give iPhone a decent fight. Why would AT&T, which at the time had an exclusive lockdown on the iPhone, and Verizon, who had been clamoring for it, want to go out of their way to create a competitor? Supposedly carriers were worried that "the wild popularity of the iPhone could give Apple outsize influence in the market," which I take to mean Apple was throwing its weight around a little too liberally for the new guy on the block, and service providers needed to prove they had alternatives in order to maintain any bargaining leverage against Apple.
    thedose, jmr1015, raqball and 10 others like this.
    01-07-15 06:30 PM
    Thanks! Now we know who killed BB.
    01-07-15 06:56 PM
    Is it?
    01-07-15 07:04 PM
    Not enough face palm in the world for you op. Gg no re
    thedose, Xenolock, raino and 8 others like this.
    01-07-15 07:05 PM
    It's okay. Calm down and wait that by end of 2015 we will have round shaped Passport 2 with 4th rows of keys on the keyboard.

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    luigieagle, nick903 and jevinzac like this.
    01-07-15 07:10 PM
    Wtf

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:17 PM
    Wtf

Posted via CB10
    Lol!!!

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-07-15 07:51 PM
    Too many changes? They modified it to help it sell on one of the largest carriers in the market that BlackBerry so badly needs to win back marketshare.

Sorry you don't like it, I can't say I'm a huge fan of it either, but if a little adaptability helps BlackBerry put this Passport in the hands of more people, then why are we complaining? I already have the Passport that I like. It never hurts to give people more options.
    raqball, j21jam6, mk2234 and 12 others like this.
    01-07-15 07:55 PM
    I saw a round one at walmart but my PP couldn't focus fast enough to snap a pic...LOL
    01-07-15 07:59 PM
    True, but those were carrier specific devices. Its not like BB released the Torch and then AT&T came back to them and said "That's great and all but we want it to be different looking than the device you've already released." Same with the Storm, they built what they asked for, but didn't change a design that was already released to the market.
    edwinsberry likes this.
    01-07-15 08:00 PM
    I already gulped when I threw down a 5spot to get this one ...haven't swallowed that yet...
    01-07-15 08:01 PM
    I see that the OP kinda does have a point. I mean, if nothing else I can see how the optics of this would look bad. Even if it's not the case one could very well conclude they changed it because it wasn't well perceived. Or even, regardless if it is a bit of a stretch, that they have conceded in their design to the whims of others.

On the other hand you could very well look at this as a company who is actually willing to give consumers a broad range of choices. Take Apple for example, your choices are Big, Small, Speed, or Cheap. Ford, you had no choices, but they offered a car most people could actually afford. Every so often people walk out of those confines and look for something that fits their needs perfectly. If some want it round and others want it square... so be it... everyone can have it the way they want it and in the long run isn't that better? Particularly for the company that is aiming for the niche.

With all that being said, I'm staying square because I feel this is the way this phone is meant to be.
    Bonnie Bonzai and andy957 like this.
    01-07-15 08:16 PM
    I think that BB is trying to find what we want instead of making a great phone an give it to us.
    Do you really think the passport would come from what users said they want????? Maybe one specific sector.

BTW had the healthcare industry bought them like mad?
    01-07-15 08:27 PM
    Unsure what the OP's issue is... A cosmetic change and 2 released devices in the last year hardly qualify as not know what they are doing... to me the rounded corners is no different than releasing the same device in a different colour a couple of months later....Apple basically does the same thing.. hell .. Sammy is every quarter for a new phone.... As BB has been clear there focus is Enterprise and contrary to what the OP thinks.. you need to know what you business customer wants..... this is the reason there are millions of legacy devices still being used while most have thrown away their early Iphones... when you are upgrading thousands of devices in Enterprise... you better give what the customer wants... I think this is another example of someone who either doe not realize or things BB cares about the consumer market... do you really think they are actually going to sell any meaningful amount if Passports in the US... I think not...
    raqball likes this.
    01-07-15 08:27 PM
    True, but those were carrier specific devices. Its not like BB released the Torch and then AT&T came back to them and said "That's great and all but we want it to be different looking than the device you've already released." Same with the Storm, they built what they asked for, but didn't change a design that was already released to the market.
    Sure. I can agree with that but alas, we dunno when the agreements were made. BBRY could have went to ATT long before release and they agreed to go ahead and push out the square version first or maybe ATT wanted to wait for 10.3.1 and that was part of the deal in waiting. No one knows. What I do know is having a BlackBerry device on AT&T is in no way a bad thing no matter what friggin shape it is at this point lol.
    01-07-15 08:28 PM
    I'll add what i've added in the other same threads about this:

The redesign is not simply about the rounded corners, but they've also decided to include PMA charging technology, if you need proof of this, here is the official certification:

http://www.powermatters.org/ - BlackBerry

It's safe to say that now AT&T will probably market this not only as being redesigned, but also carrying the ability for wireless charging, which seems to be picking up attention in the current smartphone market.

This is all great for Blackberry
    bungaboy and VR6 like this.
    01-07-15 08:29 PM
    Doesn't bother me. Remember all the Bolds. 9700 was At&t (I think). 9650 was Verizon. 9780 was TMO. All similar. Yet variations.

Par for the course.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-15 08:33 PM
177 123 ...