ATT doesn't sell fones, they give them away for peanuts on the manufacturer's dime... ATT sells air !!
    They do sell phones. Whether it's subsidized or not. You eventually pay for it with a portion of your monthly billing on contract. It's just like buying something on installment basis. It's called bundling so that one item appears to be free. But it's not free.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:11 AM
    It's okay. Calm down and wait that by end of 2015 we will have round shaped Passport 2 with 4th rows of keys on the keyboard.

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    Can I have a rectangular screen also? some app are not good for square screen and not good for see videos
    01-14-15 12:48 AM
    Meok is clearly correct on this. You, or others clearly misinterpreted his original comments about the president. He possibly could have phrased it better, but he was clearly trying to give an example of narrow-mindedness when he referenced views about the president, and not expressing his own views.
    Just offer an apology for the misunderstanding on your part and move on. This is no big deal.... Happens all the time in online discussions.

Online thug... I'll leave you be I don't do well with confrontation... in person or online.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    01-14-15 03:04 AM
    What you want is something other than the Passport. Your point is valid, but also misses the point that the square screen is part of what defines the Passport.
    I'd love to see another option too that provides a large screen and a full physical keyboard. My vote would be for a screen like the Z30 with a full physical slider keyboard.
    You're absolutely right though that the square screen isn't optimal for things like viewing HD video, as well as a variety of apps.

Can I have a
    rectangular screen also? some app are not good for square screen and not good for see videos

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:12 AM
    Meok is clearly correct on this. You, or others clearly misinterpreted his original comments about the president. He possibly could have phrased it better, but he was clearly trying to give an example of narrow-mindedness when he referenced views about the president, and not expressing his own views.
    Just offer an apology for the misunderstanding on your part and move on. This is no big deal.... Happens all the time in online discussions.

Posted via CB10
    This gets better by the minute!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:53 AM
    Meh, not so much. His analogy was lacking, but that is kind of beside the point. His argument that people are narrow-minded for liking a phone with round corners over one with square corners is really weak. Really, it's just personal preference - nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:55 PM
    The OP needs to switch to an Apple product that's how I understand his post.
    01-14-15 01:23 PM
    Meh, not so much. His analogy was lacking, but that is kind of beside the point. His argument that people are narrow-minded for liking a phone with round corners over one with square corners is really weak. Really, it's just personal preference - nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T didn't exactly hold a poll. They unilaterally decided that people would not buy a square phone. I'm not saying that my analysis is gospel but it just struck me as a little narrowminded of AT&T to dictate the phone could not be square. Businesses make decisions based on dollars, not on preference. So AT&T must have believed that the shape of the Passport could never be successful. They didn't change the specs so they have confidence in that aspect, just the out-of-the-box shape.

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    01-14-15 02:01 PM
    The OP needs to switch to an Apple product that's how I understand his post.
    Well, I think then, that you didn't understand a word.
    01-14-15 02:16 PM
    I don't have any AT&T contacts that would have info on this, but I'd be willing to bet that they *DID* do some sort of test marketing. Probably focus groups of some kind.
    AT&T is big. They tend to do tons of analysis before they do anything. This wasn't just based on someone's hunch.

AT&T didn't exactly hold a poll. They unilaterally decided that people would not buy a square phone. I'm not saying that my analysis is gospel but it just struck me as a little narrowminded of AT&T to dictate the phone could not be square. Businesses make decisions based on dollars, not on preference. So AT&T must have believed that the shape of the Passport could never be successful. They didn't change the specs so they have confidence in that aspect, just the out-of-the-box shape.

01-14-15 02:25 PM
    I don't have any AT&T contacts that would have info on this, but I'd be willing to bet that they *DID* do some sort of test marketing. Probably focus groups of some kind.
    AT&T is big. They tend to do tons of analysis before they do anything. This wasn't just based on someone's hunch.
    Maybe so. I think a square Passport would sell though. The unlocked ones have sold reasonably well in the US. Time will tell if their version will attract more attention than the original standard one. I just hope they push it and don't give it the verizon Z30 treatment.

01-14-15 03:34 PM
    Maybe so. I think a square Passport would sell though. The unlocked ones have sold reasonably well in the US. Time will tell if their version will attract more attention than the original standard one. I just hope they push it and don't give it the verizon Z30 treatment.

Yes because us narrow-minded Americans can't have the right to make choices right?... the fact of the matter is that there IS going to be a passport with rounded edges! Whether you like it or not is quite irrelevant. I'm sure they invested quite a bit in r and d to determine the rounded edges would catch the end users attention. Quite frankly I don't really give a ****. All I know is that I enjoy my device, don't feel deceived by bbry, and resent the fact that you feel entitled enough to rant your stupidity.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 03:55 PM
    Meh. It's a forum for BlackBerry fans.
    Pretty much everyone rants about something at some point, or else rants about the people who are ranting.
    No big deal.

Yes because us narrow-minded Americans can't have the right to make choices right?... the fact of the matter is that there IS going to be a passport with rounded edges! Whether you like it or not is quite irrelevant. I'm sure they invested quite a bit in r and d to determine the rounded edges would catch the end users attention. Quite frankly I don't really give a ****. All I know is that I enjoy my device, don't feel deceived by bbry, and resent the fact that you feel entitled enough to rant your stupidity.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 04:38 PM

Originally you said people were narrow-minded - not AT&T.

IIRC, there were a few minor changes, other than the rounded corners.

Bottom line is we are dealing with a preference in a phone. People are not narrow-minded for having a preference.

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    01-14-15 07:13 PM
    It is not about the choices' it is about the fast changes and bad decisions.

Posted via CB10
    Jim and Mike change their decisions really really slow... and...

Chen is a new in smart phone business, he of course has a lot to learn. And in the learning process you of course make adjustments to your strategy. Nothing wrong with that.

And as for bad decisions, isn't it still too early to tell?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-14-15 08:00 PM
    Originally you said people were narrow-minded - not AT&T.

IIRC, there were a few minor changes, other than the rounded corners.

Bottom line is we are dealing with a preference in a phone. People are not narrow-minded for having a preference.

Posted via CB10
    I have friends that had an open mind about the device, tried it out, held it etc. And decided it was not for them. I respect that. But I do know narrowminded people that have dismissed the Passport without any consideration whatsoever based on the shape. I think they shortchanged themselves. That's like a lady I taught last year that had a long list of foods she doesn't like, and then we discovered that she has never tasted any of the foods on that list. I had the same argument with her. You shortchange yourself if you dismiss something based on one external observation, like how it looks. When I first saw the Passport I said "hell to the no!" to myself but then I decided I had to try it before I dismiss it and it grew on me FAST! Before that I was the chief person calling for rounded corners.

01-14-15 08:36 PM
    A lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here...

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    Last edited by kthhrrsn; 01-26-15 at 09:16 PM.
    dmateo likes this.
    01-14-15 10:51 PM
    I think this thread should maybe close and we just hit the reset on all this! Aka BATTERY PULL! Lol sorry.
    01-14-15 10:56 PM
    I have friends that had an open mind about the device, tried it out, held it etc. And decided it was not for them. I respect that. But I do know narrowminded people that have dismissed the Passport without any consideration whatsoever based on the shape. I think they shortchanged themselves. That's like a lady I taught last year that had a long list of foods she doesn't like, and then we discovered that she has never tasted any of the foods on that list. I had the same argument with her. You shortchange yourself if you dismiss something based on one external observation, like how it looks. When I first saw the Passport I said "hell to the no!" to myself but then I decided I had to try it before I dismiss it and it grew on me FAST! Before that I was the chief person calling for rounded corners.

Some aspects of a device can be a deal breaker for some people. When the form factor is something that they don't like, no amount of preaching from zealots is going to change their mind.

The Ford Edsel had its advocates and was actually a decent car, but sales were dismal because the thing was just ugly.

Enter exhibit B, the BlackBerry Passport. It has a face only a mother could love. The rounded corners helps its appearance, IMO. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, only time will tell.

But AT&T and BlackBerry are betting on it.

Personally, I would have never tried the Passport with square corners. I might try the AT&T version, if my Z30 dies before the next slab phone comes out from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 05:43 AM
    Some aspects of a device can be a deal breaker for some people. When the form factor is something that they don't like, no amount of preaching from zealots is going to change their mind.

The Ford Edsel had its advocates and was actually a decent car, but sales were dismal because the thing was just ugly.

Enter exhibit B, the BlackBerry Passport. It has a face only a mother could love. The rounded corners helps its appearance, IMO. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, only time will tell.

But AT&T and BlackBerry are betting on it.

Personally, I would have never tried the Passport with square corners. I might try the AT&T version, if my Z30 dies before the next slab phone comes out from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The device IS somewhat ugly when viewed face-on. It's far more attractive at angles.

01-15-15 07:45 AM
    The keyboard on the curved Passport threw me off though. I don't like the construction. The frets don't connect with the steel frame. There's this gap of black between the frets and the frame that makes the device look like it was mashed together. When you view the square one from the side you see the frets curve around the edge of the device and touch the frame. The Q10's frets actually go into the frame. On the Classic they touch the frame, on the Bolds they stop at the frame. This one they stop before the frame, there's a plastic gap and then the frame, and the frets are thick so the gap jumped out at me. It's like a Torch keyboard dropped into a Passport.

01-15-15 09:13 AM
    Is it safe to say the BB Classic is the largest FULL keyboard ever on a BB?? I know passport is bigger but it's not the full 4 rows.
    01-16-15 12:31 AM
    Um, you know AT&T has a very long history of having specific devices built for them right? Even the BlackBerry Torch was BUILT FOR AT&T. Just like the Storm was built for Verizon. It's not just a BlackBerry thing either, they've done it across OEM's for years.
    Op get yer facts str8!!! Thanks B! This true of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 01:03 AM
    Op get yer facts str8!!! Thanks B! This true of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I don't get it. What you mean?
    01-16-15 10:44 AM
    wow, this thread is still alive?
    01-16-15 11:31 AM
177 ... 5678