Open commerce with brisk competition breeds innovation & price adkustment... BlackBerry somehow thinks charging their customers double for the ephone will be a winner... the Chinese realize that
    Completely right! The only real mantra that works in business nowadays is that you have to be flexible. So, to take advantage of opportunities that may not have been there a couple of months ago you have to adapt - and quickly. The trade-off between rounded corners and continued support from a major carrier is a no-brainer in my view. The same is true for the iPhone trade-in. In my opinion it is a brilliant piece of public relations. Even if they did not get in a single trade it is a declaration to the world that this phone is able to challenge all comers. All they need to do is to publicise it a bit more.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:37 PM
    To the original poster, you complain about too many changes but what you have listed aren't changes. A change indicates the replacement of something else. There's a difference between a change and a new product. Even the AT&T Passport is not a change, it's a variant / new product. It does not replace the square Passport. The iPhone 6 plus is not a change, it's a variant, so was the 5C because the original remains available. Same with the Passport.

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    01-11-15 10:13 PM
    The truth is that the original Passport makes a statement when you see it. It sets itself aside from every other phone out there. This "AT&T Passport " however is more of the same old same old... yeah, we have the square screen but it doesn't match the original design at all... just another big bulky phone as so many phablets today.

I kinda feel disappointed at BlackBerry. You can't just bend over to any carrier just because you want clients back so bad. I know, it's so easy to say this as an armchair CEO, comfy from my house and with nothing to loose. However I strongly believe that if they have stuck to their design no matter what we would have been getting those customer back in the long run. Believe in what you do and if it's good enough and gives people that "I'm different " feeling then half of your battle is already won...

Too bad it's all just speculation now cause that wild new design is out already.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:29 PM
    For me, blackberry is the Ferrari of phones. And I feel as if Ferrari makes a car for everyone. It wouldn't be the same. I'm talking only about the Passport not any other BlackBerry. Classic could be for everyone in the world, but passport? Passport was unique. But as I said... it was.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:23 PM
    For me, blackberry is the Ferrari of phones. And I feel as if Ferrari makes a car for everyone. It wouldn't be the same. I'm talking only about the Passport not any other BlackBerry. Classic could be for everyone in the world, but passport? Passport was unique. But as I said... it was.

Posted via CB10
    I still feel like it still is. For both of them Classic and Passport. And for that matter Blackberry in general. ATT is a huge provider granted, but there not gonna saturate the market iPhone status overnight. Be happy, you still have your Ferrari. This is a good thing as it will help Blackberry bounce back at a healthy pace with ATT backing them. Your still gonna look super boss with that Passport/Classic.
    01-12-15 01:14 AM
    AT&T is only one carrier. This hardly dilutes what the Passport is. As I said earlier, this is not changing the Passport, just a variant for people who are narrow minded. I know some Americans believe the US is the world but the original is available everywhere else in the world as well as unlocked in the US.

01-12-15 10:20 AM
    AT&T is only one carrier. This hardly dilutes what the Passport is. As I said earlier, this is not changing the Passport, just a variant for people who are narrow minded. I know some Americans believe the US is the world but the original is available everywhere else in the world as well as unlocked in the US.

A variant for ppl who are narrow-minded.... care to elaborate?

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    01-12-15 11:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Grabbing some popcorn now.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    AT&T clearly don't believe in a phone being square. And from reading comments on CrackBerry there are a number of people that believe a phone can be square but not a BlackBerry. I call that narrow-mindedness. A phone can be whatever shape the manufacturer can make it as long as it still functions as a phone. I was narrowminded too, when I first saw the Passport I said "you can't have a square BlackBerry." but then I realised just how stupid that statement was. For years people believed you couldn't have a black president and there's one at present and the country hasn't gone under because it. So I took another look at the Passport with no preconceptions of what it should be, and realised how beautiful was and I'm using today as my daily driver.

01-12-15 12:58 PM
    Going back for more popcorn...this is getting better and better.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 04:29 PM
    I like the round corners
    Tim Heard likes this.
    01-12-15 04:34 PM
    I have to admit I do too. But I'd also take the original any day. Curious how those outside of ATT are going to get there hands on one if they really love the rounded design.
    01-12-15 04:41 PM
    AT&T clearly don't believe in a phone being square. And from reading comments on CrackBerry there are a number of people that believe a phone can be square but not a BlackBerry. I call that narrow-mindedness. A phone can be whatever shape the manufacturer can make it as long as it still functions as a phone. I was narrowminded too, when I first saw the Passport I said "you can't have a square BlackBerry." but then I realised just how stupid that statement was. For years people believed you couldn't have a black president and there's one at present and the country hasn't gone under because it. So I took another look at the Passport with no preconceptions of what it should be, and realised how beautiful was and I'm using today as my daily driver.

Your response is ridiculous and the fact that you mentioned something about people thinking America is the world or whatever it was that you wrote is downright ignorant. Now you're saying the united states of America hasn't gone down because of the lovely figurehead we have in office? Dude don't even get me started.. not even entertaining this.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:13 PM
    market orientation today not like those days, we give what customers want even the iPhone 6plus would not hit market should steve job ard as it against his design concept, easy to hold....etc2..

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:45 PM
    Your response is ridiculous and the fact that you mentioned something about people thinking America is the world or whatever it was that you wrote is downright ignorant. Now you're saying the united states of America hasn't gone down because of the lovely figurehead we have in office? Dude don't even get me started.. not even entertaining this.

Posted via CB10
    I wish he was trolling, but I fear that he actually believes this stuff.

-_-

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:45 PM
    I wish he was trolling, but I fear that he actually believes this stuff.

-_-

Posted via CB10
    Some of the posts on these forums are crazy! It's almost as if some people don't think before they post and have diarrhea fingers that allow them to spew whatever is on their mind!

Posted via CB10
    niss63 and andy957 like this.
    01-12-15 08:57 PM
    Makes sense, except that a number of diehard Blackberry fans were *wanting* the rounded corners, if for no other reason than that it makes the phone fit more comfortably in one's pocket. Aesthetically, it's not hard to argue that the AT&T model looks better, though admittedly that's just a matter of taste.

With respect to the "they should have stuck to their guns" argument, many people have already commented on the absurdity of that line of reasoning. I'd only add that it's something like saying that they shouldn't offer the phone in red since it didn't originally come in red. I personally am hopeful that BlackBerry will eventually bow to any pressure that may exist on the topic, and offer a custom keyboard for the Passport that also includes symbols and numbers. ... Whether you'd like a model with that option is irrelevant. There are plenty of people who'd pay a little extra for such a keyboard, and I'm one of them.

The truth is that the original Passport makes a statement when you see it. It sets itself aside from every other phone out there. This "AT&T Passport " however is more of the same old same old... yeah, we have the square screen but it doesn't match the original design at all... just another big bulky phone as so many phablets today.

I kinda feel disappointed at BlackBerry. You can't just bend over to any carrier just because you want clients back so bad. I know, it's so easy to say this as an armchair CEO, comfy from my house and with nothing to loose. However I strongly believe that if they have stuck to their design no matter what we would have been getting those customer back in the long run. Believe in what you do and if it's good enough and gives people that "I'm different " feeling then half of your battle is already won...

Too bad it's all just speculation now cause that wild new design is out already.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 and thedose like this.
    01-13-15 11:03 AM
    The other thing I don't get is that by rounding the corners, the Passport actually is made to look *more* like a BlackBerry in that looks more like the Classic or the Q10. ... How could that bother BlackBerry fans?
    niss63, thedose and bombastic like this.
    01-13-15 11:08 AM
    Imagination:

The good:

Same screen & keyboard & features

The bad:

ATT bloatware
    Locked to ATT
    Certain radio channels crippled
    Tougher to find a good case
    No QI charge feature

Indifferent:

Rounded corners ...meh !!

Conclusion:

I am sooo glad I didn't wait to get the cheap deal from ATT what with hours of bloatware deletion & hours of begging for an unlock code to be able to fire in a corner store SIM while traveling abroad ...also, I assume updates will be ATT branded & will put the bload back on every time...

Final word:

I like what I got & the extra cost is way less than the hours lost at my rates...
    dmateo likes this.
    01-13-15 01:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't be stupid. I never said that. My statement was not about presidents. My point was that there are people who believe that things be a certain way and that the world will fall apart if they change. I used the idiots who believed the US would fall apart because of a black president but there are many other examples of such stupid narrowmindedness. Are we too stupid now to tell the difference between an example and an opinion? There is nothing that HAS to be a particular way. The world has been evolving for years and will continue to evolve. Culture, language, laws, products. Nothing stays stagnant.

andy957 likes this.
    01-13-15 03:27 PM
    And to reiterate, there are Americans who believe America is the world. People are behaving like this AT&T version replaces or nullifies the original when the number of countries that sell the squared version is many times more than the one country that sells the rounded through one carrier. The rounded Passport is a minority version. Why are people behaving like it has so much impact on the regular device? One country, one carrier.

01-13-15 03:33 PM
    Don't be stupid. I never said that. My statement was not about presidents. My point was that there are people who believe that things be a certain way and that the world will fall apart if they change. I used the idiots who believed the US would fall apart because of a black president but there are many other examples of such stupid narrowmindedness. Are we too stupid now to tell the difference between an example and an opinion? There is nothing that HAS to be a particular way. The world has been evolving for years and will continue to evolve. Culture, language, laws, products. Nothing stays stagnant.

Online thug... I'll leave you be I don't do well with confrontation... in person or online.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 05:30 PM
    Online thug... I'll leave you be I don't do well with confrontation... in person or online.

Posted via CB10
    You are the one who got confrontational. You asked for an example of narrowmindedness, I gave one, then got called ridiculous because you took my example for my personal opinion.

01-13-15 08:47 PM
    They Have a goal! BlackBerry needs to sell phones and AT&T is going to help them do it. Round or Square shape. It doesn't matter as long as it makes the Customers happy. People expect choices and when they aren't given a choice they go somewhere else. Geez!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:44 PM
    ATT doesn't sell fones, they give them away for peanuts on the manufacturer's dime... ATT sells air !!

They Have a goal! BlackBerry needs to sell phones and AT&T is going to help them do it. Round or Square shape. It doesn't matter as long as it makes the Customers happy. People expect choices and when they aren't given a choice they go somewhere else. Geez!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:02 AM
177 ... 45678