I have qi charge on the HP pre 3 & also the touchpad (huge battery) & it was a pleasure to use... HP announced but killed a charger with audio...

I've had Qi charging on several phones and honestly it's a bit overrated on a phone with a battery the size of the Passports.

On smaller batteries it's great because the phone may need to be charged mid day but on these mega long lasting battery devices it's really not needed in my opinion..
    01-08-15 11:54 AM
    AT&T says jump and John Chen says how high.
    luigieagle likes this.
    01-08-15 11:56 AM
    I agree. We should not have options. Henry Ford was right. All cars should be black. We should be told by BlackBerry what we want. We don't want then listening to customers.

(end sarcasm)

Seriously though, Apple did that with Steve Jobs but he was a unique man. Since he died, Apple hasn't been the same and they have been more annoying since then.

My only concern with this is that it makes cases more difficult.

Oh, and I have the original Passport and I am happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    I think because english is not my first language, I didn't explain right what I want to say.
    I didn't mean BB doesn't need to listen their customers actually. You should listen your customers to make a better product. What I mean is if you change a lot in a very small time, your goal is not clear. It's not even a half of a year since the passport came out and there is already a new version. It looks like they testing products to see which one is good, but we are the testers and pay $600.00 for what they should be doing before.
    Bonnie Bonzai and andy957 like this.
    01-08-15 12:10 PM
    It's just a style change. If ATT will market it then it's a good move for BlackBerry. In fact if ATT will give it the attention it deserves then they should just make all of the devices with rounded corners.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:33 PM
    I think because english is not my first language, I didn't explain right what I want to say.
    I didn't mean BB doesn't need to listen their customers actually. You should listen your customers to make a better product. What I mean is if you change a lot in a very small time, your goal is not clear. It's not even a half of a year since the passport came out and there is already a new version. It looks like they testing products to see which one is good, but we are the testers and pay $600.00 for what they should be doing before.
    I'm not sure why everyone is jumping on you for your opinion but I will stick my neck out and say "yeah, I get what you're saying and I agree it's odd"

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:57 PM
    I think that when someone makes a lot of changes in a very short time, he doesn't know what he really wants or where he is going.
    First the Passport square, then the Classic with good size but not as good in features as the Passport, now the Passport rounded... maybe tomorrow the Classic square...
    I think that BB is trying to find what we want instead of making a great phone an give it to us.
    Steve Jobs never asked "what you want", he just sell it and the iPhone is a success. Ford did the same, never asked "What kind of horses you want now?" he just sell the automobile.
    Blackberry is great!!!! But they do not know what to do. They do one thing, then another... then another. It's like they are testing the devices with us. That's why companies has a testing lab, right?
    The Passport is based on a renewed focus on the needs of the business user. They admit that the device isn't for everyone.

The Classic is an answer to the cries of BlackBerry loyalists holding onto their BB7 devices. For millions, the Q10 didn't cut it, so they held onto their Bold's.

AT&T didn't like the Passport, didn't think it would appeal to the masses, and requested that the shape be 'softened' to make it look more like every other device. They're probably right in that the average consumer won't be as offended by its new looks. Currently, BlackBerry really needs the support of a major US carrier, so I don't blame them for complying. And it's not the first time that a carrier requested a unique device. Verizon had a Z30 with wireless charging...and only that version.

I don't think this means BlackBerry is unfocused or confused. In fact, I believe BlackBerry is more focused than they've been in a decade and have a solid strategy for growth.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    marzfreerider likes this.
    01-08-15 02:19 PM
    Relax, it's just a rectangle with rounded corners. Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    I read this, and just couldn't help think... if only the metal trim was a light bar with a light that ran around it, this would be the near physical manifestation of the great squircle.

Anyway, back on topic... I like the square corners, but will have to wait to see how the round corners feel. Possibly, the round corners will be less prone to slightly warping the phone when in my back pocket. Wish ATT would also carry the square phone, though. Choice is good.
    01-08-15 03:52 PM
    The Passport is based on a renewed focus on the needs of the business user. They admit that the device isn't for everyone.

The Classic is an answer to the cries of BlackBerry loyalists holding onto their BB7 devices. For millions, the Q10 didn't cut it, so they held onto their Bold's.

AT&T didn't like the Passport, didn't think it would appeal to the masses, and requested that the shape be 'softened' to make it look more like every other device. They're probably right in that the average consumer won't be as offended by its new looks. Currently, BlackBerry really needs the support of a major US carrier, so I don't blame them for complying. And it's not the first time that a carrier requested a unique device. Verizon had a Z30 with wireless charging...and only that version.

I don't think this means BlackBerry is unfocused or confused. In fact, I believe BlackBerry is more focused than they've been in a decade and have a solid strategy for growth.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    That's exactly what I mean. Blackberry Passport suppose to be for a business men market, not for everyone... not for the masses. Few months later they change the model because ATT didn't like the original and the goal is the masses... Does it mean they know where they are going? Is the Passport for business men or for the masses? Looks like they don't even know where is the target.
    And I would like to say I love my Passport and I sold my iPhone 6 to get the Passport and no regrets. I love it and I think it is a great phone, but the people in charge don't know exactly what they are doing.
    I hope I'm wrong because I would love BB to survive.
    01-08-15 03:53 PM
    ...Blackberry Passport suppose to be for a business men market, not for everyone... not for the masses. Few months later they change the model because ATT didn't like the original and the goal is the masses...
    I think it can be that BlackBerry's original target market is for businessmen but, as they may need the backing of a carrier, also provide a model designed for the carrier so that the carrier can hit their intended target market. BlackBerry says they're all for enterprise, but no reason not to also provide for those vendors willing to target other markets.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    01-08-15 04:02 PM
    That's exactly what I mean. Blackberry Passport suppose to be for a business men market, not for everyone... not for the masses. Few months later they change the model because ATT didn't like the original and the goal is the masses... Does it mean they know where they are going? Is the Passport for business men or for the masses? Looks like they don't even know where is the target.
    And I would like to say I love my Passport and I sold my iPhone 6 to get the Passport and no regrets. I love it and I think it is a great phone, but the people in charge don't know exactly what they are doing.
    I hope I'm wrong because I would love BB to survive.
    Pretty sure businessmen are part of the "masses". I'm look at the poll that CrackBerry did... majority here even liked the rounding corners.

But I do agree that BlackBerry's biggest problem is the people that have and may even still be - making decisions at BlackBerry. Think Chen is much more comfortable with the Services side of the business, and thus that is where his real focus is. He just needs the time to build that business and have it start making money.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-15 04:04 PM
    I think it can be that BlackBerry's original target market is for businessmen but, as they may need the backing of a carrier, also provide a model designed for the carrier so that the carrier can hit their intended target market. BlackBerry says they're all for enterprise, but no reason not to also provide for those vendors willing to target other markets.
    Sure! target other markets is excellent. But, say: "our target are not the masses, are the business men", and 4 months later change the shape of the phone and target the masses is a signal that the target is not really clear. Rounded the Passport to make it look like the others????? I do not want another iPhone (have you realized that after iPhone every phone looks alike? All have the same shape) I want a Blackberry that looks like a Blackberry and no like any other phone. If i want a phone that looks like an iPhone... i would get an iPhone, since that's the original one in that style.
    01-08-15 04:24 PM
    All the way back to someone's rhetorical question about making a triangle if Verizon wanted it...YES, BB should be making any reasonable change that any carrier requests in good faith.

Not being able to see a BB phone in the local store, is a big part of what is holding BB back.
    01-08-15 04:59 PM
    All the way back to someone's rhetorical question about making a triangle if Verizon wanted it...YES, BB should be making any reasonable change that any carrier requests in good faith.

Not being able to see a BB phone in the local store, is a big part of what is holding BB back.
    I'm agreed, if BB wants to sell 39 million phones as iPhone, it's good. They are in the phone business and that must be the goal. But going back to the intention of my post is that saying one thing first and another 4 months later, means you don't know your goal. They can make another phone for the masses, but rounded one that suppose to be for business men and not the masses and target the masses now is like having not a clear target.
    As I said, my english is not very good and it is very hard to me express exactly what I want. It is just that I think they are not very clear in what they are doing. They're just testing here and testing there. But, believe me, I want them to do things good because I love BB.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-08-15 05:12 PM
    This could be a good thing... increased sales will translate to more app developers creating apps for our awesome devices so that we don't have to do so much sideloading!

Posted via CB10
    luigieagle likes this.
    01-08-15 05:19 PM
    I remember that thread. I was bummed when the Shop BB version was lacking...
    01-08-15 05:38 PM
    Relax, it's just a rectangle with rounded corners.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Is this the Squircle reincarnated as a device? lol
    The Passport Squircle...
    niss63 likes this.
    01-08-15 05:55 PM
    This is not unheard of. T-mobile got a special version of the Nokia Lumia 520 (the 521). It happens.

Why do I have this mental image of patapoof trying to balance an AT&T Passport on a touchstone? :|
    01-08-15 07:46 PM
    I hope Passport 2 comes with sharp corners. I hate the cheese look of the rounded wanna be iphone corners.
    raqball and grungebetty like this.
    01-08-15 09:32 PM
    Relatively Speaking... to what??

So in their first year they became the #1 vendor.... sure seems like it was a success right from the start? They didn't trick people into wanting an iPhone, because the iPod was already hugely popular and this just combined an iPod with an smartphone.

I don't know what kind of human being Steve Jobs was, or what laws he and his company have broken. But that had little to do with the downfall of BlackBerry - that is TOTALLY due to their Co-CEO's and BBOS limitations.

Still drinking a little BlackBerry juice myself... but I use my wife's iPad and that Apple juice isn't as bad as some of you want to believe.
    What the hell are you smoking?

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...cal-year-2007/

I'm at dinner, but a Google bit said something like the 3gs was when they overtook BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:41 PM
    It's okay. Calm down and wait that by end of 2015 we will have round shaped Passport 2 with 4th rows of keys on the keyboard.

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    That's what I want. See links in my signature (http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ncepts-980043/)
    01-08-15 10:00 PM
    Thanks! Now we know who killed BB.
    Too many changes!!-plz-stop-post.jpg
    01-09-15 03:03 AM
    01-09-15 04:00 AM
    What the hell are you smoking?

? Apple iPhone: global sales 2007-2014 | Statistic

I'm at dinner, but a Google bit said something like the 3gs was when they overtook BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You said the first iPhone wasn't a success....

I quoted Wikipedia iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that say's they sold 6.1 million of the first generation iPhones... even surpassing sales of BlackBerry during one quarter. So it sure seems like sales did pretty good. Even today they aren't #1 in sales, but that doesn't mean they aren't a success.

Their Revenue and Profits all rose immediately upon the release of the iPhone. https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/ I don't see any negative impacts on the company cause by the iPhone.

So I need you to help me understand just how the 1st iPhone wasn't a success....

I know it had a number of limitations - no copy and past and many other features were missing. But if it still sold well and made the company money, and was in fact liked by it's buyers so much they came back for another one. It cause Verizon and BlackBerry to panic and push out the STORM. So I don't see how it wasn't a success.
    01-09-15 07:53 AM
    i agree...the q10 sucked...bad. I got the q 10, was severely disappointed....then went to the note 2, huawei mate 1, the q5 (which i loved), iPhone 5 (hated it), s4 (hated it more) and to the passport.
    01-09-15 08:46 AM
    Sure! target other markets is excellent. But, say: "our target are not the masses, are the business men", and 4 months later change the shape of the phone and target the masses is a signal that the target is not really clear. Rounded the Passport to make it look like the others????? I do not want another iPhone (have you realized that after iPhone every phone looks alike? All have the same shape) I want a Blackberry that looks like a Blackberry and no like any other phone. If i want a phone that looks like an iPhone... i would get an iPhone, since that's the original one in that style.
    And what made you say that the rounded passport means they are shifting their target to the masses? As others have stated, it is not uncommon for carriers to ask for an exclusive device. Making the passport rounded fits the exclusivity of AT&T, and in no way does it indicate that they are shifting focus. Are there no AT&T business subscribers?

You want a Blackberry that looks like a Blackberry and no other phone? The Passport, even when it has rounded edges, still look like a Passport with its unique form factor. Did they make the rounded Passport like a candy bar? Did they make it significantly longer? No. It still looks like a Passport albiet a softer edge. The keyboard, square 1:1 screen and the layout alone makes the Blackberry Passport (rounded or sharp edged) look unqiue.

Now, secondly, how are you a guinea pig for buying a 600$ phone? Isn't your passport fully functional? Is the new rounded one significantly better for you to feel cheated for buying the square one?

I think Blackberry has made it clear that AT&T will eventually sell the Passport. And that announcement was made last Sept 2014. And now that AT&T is now selling a rounded edge Passport, you think they have no direction? Wasn't it the plan from the start of launch to let AT&T carry a passport, if it needs to be modified a bit to show exclusivity, then that just shows that BlackBerry is doing everything to follow that plan. This actually shows that Blackberry has direction and is following it thru.

Posted via CB10
    anon(679606), SMocek and bombastic like this.
    01-09-15 08:50 AM
177 12345 ...