I'll add what i've added in the other same threads about this:

The redesign is not simply about the rounded corners, but they've also decided to include PMA charging technology, if you need proof of this, here is the official certification:

http://www.powermatters.org/ - BlackBerry

It's safe to say that now AT&T will probably market this not only as being redesigned, but also carrying the ability for wireless charging, which seems to be picking up attention in the current smartphone market.

This is all great for Blackberry
    Heh - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-962647/
    raqball, thedose, LazyEvul and 1 others like this.
    01-07-15 07:40 PM
    Sure. I can agree with that but alas, we dunno when the agreements were made. BBRY could have went to ATT long before release and they agreed to go ahead and push out the square version first or maybe ATT wanted to wait for 10.3.1 and that was part of the deal in waiting. No one knows. What I do know is having a BlackBerry device on AT&T is in no way a bad thing no matter what friggin shape it is at this point lol.
    Fair point, I hadn't thought about that. In the end like you said it doesn't matter as they have a BB device to sell.
    01-07-15 07:42 PM
    It like having a car with an option for the sunroof... the more options the better. Why not having two almost identical devices if it can please more people.

I don't like the rounded passport, but if some do then great! I like customizable products as Nike does with their shoes. They know what they do and sell a lot with a bigger offering.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:43 PM
    It's okay. Calm down and wait that by end of 2015 we will have round shaped Passport 2 with 4th rows of keys on the keyboard.

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    I like it square but I will take the 4 rows for sure.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:45 PM
    you have officially bummed me out ...I so wanted wireless charging having come off the HP Pre 3 which had that & was a real pleasure ...now I am upset !!
    01-07-15 07:47 PM
    It was obvious that att was up to something, or just waiting for stock. Was there even a pic anywhere with the logo on the square Passport....NO.
    01-07-15 07:50 PM

The redesign is not simply about the rounded corners, but they've also decided to include PMA charging technology, if you need proof of this, here is the official certification:

It's safe to say that now AT&T will probably market this not only as being redesigned, but also carrying the ability for wireless charging, which seems to be picking up attention in the current smartphone market.

Maybe we'll see this on the pp2?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:50 PM
    The good news here is BlackBerry and carriers (especially US ones) are working together. It's probably the most important news all day, and it was a big day for BlackBerry news.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:59 PM
    I think that when someone makes a lot of changes in a very short time, he doesn't know what he really wants or where he is going.
    First the Passport square, then the Classic with good size but not as good in features as the Passport, now the Passport rounded... maybe tomorrow the Classic square...
    I think that BB is trying to find what we want instead of making a great phone an give it to us.
    Steve Jobs never asked "what you want", he just sell it and the iPhone is a success. Ford did the same, never asked "What kind of horses you want now?" he just sell the automobile.
    Blackberry is great!!!! But they do not know what to do. They do one thing, then another... then another. It's like they are testing the devices with us. That's why companies has a testing lab, right?
    The first iPhone wasn't a success (relatively speaking). I think you're out to lunch with your expectations. Rather than being given something the consumer wants, you'd rather be told "you will like what I sell you at inflated price and you'll be happy to shell out the $$$".

Jobs was a narcissistic piece of excrement. He's a criminal in at least 3 different ways (book price fixing, no-poaching fixing, stock backdating scandal, etc, and now we're hearing about collusion in Canada to take out the competition). Without the marketing with celebs to make Apple look cool, people would not have bought it and caught on. Not everyone gets away with the crap that Jobs pulled. Nice guys finish last.

Drink the Apple juice if you really want what Apple is selling. I have no desire to trade BlackBerry juice for Apple juice.
    01-07-15 07:59 PM
    The first iPhone wasn't a success (relatively speaking). I think you're out to lunch with your expectations. Rather than being given something the consumer wants, you'd rather be told "you will like what I sell you at inflated price and you'll be happy to shell out the $$$".

Jobs was a narcissistic piece of excrement. He's a criminal in at least 3 different ways (book price fixing, no-poaching fixing, stock backdating scandal, etc, and now we're hearing about collusion in Canada to take out the competition). Without the marketing with celebs to make Apple look cool, people would not have bought it and caught on. Not everyone gets away with the crap that Jobs pulled. Nice guys finish last.

Drink the Apple juice if you really want what Apple is selling. I have no desire to trade BlackBerry juice for Apple juice.
    Couldnt be more right. I have never owned an apple product but had a friend who spent the 700 bucks on the first iphone. It was a total piece of crap other that it was a big touch screen compared to anything else.

What really intrests me is the business of BB and apple, the comparison. Apple is a smoke and screens marketing campaign that sells customer service and an illusion of a great experience. The reality is nothing more than just that, a vehicle to squeeze profits. Damn the workers and the customers hardware and software.
    BCITMike likes this.
    01-07-15 08:07 PM
    Fair point, I hadn't thought about that. In the end like you said it doesn't matter as they have a BB device to sell.
    Correction: Not one but two devices to sell.

That's clever part from AT&T for sure to give the customer a choice. As somebody noted in other thread customer can select Faster+Better Passport or Better+Cheap Classic.

A win-win for AT&T, BB and Customer :-)
    01-08-15 12:32 AM
    the only thing that matters at the end of the day and that is blackberry are going to sell more phones ..................and that is a good thing
    01-08-15 12:35 AM
    I think that when someone makes a lot of changes in a very short time, he doesn't know what he really wants or where he is going.
    First the Passport square, then the Classic with good size but not as good in features as the Passport, now the Passport rounded... maybe tomorrow the Classic square...
    I think that BB is trying to find what we want instead of making a great phone an give it to us.
    Steve Jobs never asked "what you want", he just sell it and the iPhone is a success. Ford did the same, never asked "What kind of horses you want now?" he just sell the automobile.
    Blackberry is great!!!! But they do not know what to do. They do one thing, then another... then another. It's like they are testing the devices with us. That's why companies has a testing lab, right?
    Wow, you have more choices and still ********?

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-08-15 12:39 AM
    Sure. I can agree with that but alas, we dunno when the agreements were made. BBRY could have went to ATT long before release and they agreed to go ahead and push out the square version first or maybe ATT wanted to wait for 10.3.1 and that was part of the deal in waiting. No one knows. What I do know is having a BlackBerry device on AT&T is in no way a bad thing no matter what friggin shape it is at this point lol.
    Uhmmmm what we know is that on 24 Sep 2014 Chen stood in front of the world with the original Passport in his hands and told us that AT&T would offer it by end of year on exclusive contract in the US.

He knew then it wasn't true.

So what we really know is that once again BlackBerry can't follow through with what they say.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-08-15 12:53 AM
    Uhmmmm what we know is that on 24 Sep 2014 Chen stood in front of the world with the original Passport in his hands and told us that AT&T would offer it by end of year on exclusive contract in the US.

He knew then it wasn't true.

So what we really know is that once again BlackBerry can't follow through with what they say.

Posted via CB10
    It's entirely possible that the details of the deal weren't finalised back in September. It takes about 3 weeks to make a phone prototype with minor design changes from existing hardware. This change could have been made 6 weeks ago, and it's not so earth-shattering that you can make a serious accusation that BlackBerry cannot be trusted. Relax, it's just a rectangle with rounded corners.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    01-08-15 07:42 AM
    I like my square corner, I even prefer the old look, what about the people that just bought theirs and prefer this new one? If your product leaves 50% of your customers feeling cheated, how does that do well for your business? From the various comments on the blogs and forums so far, more people prefer this new look and feel it might even have a better balance to the keyboard.

BlackBerry needs to be really careful, people get extremely emotional about their phones, I don't have a choice, a qwerty phone is important to my productivity as a businessman, but if it wasn't and I could use a full touch to work, this kind of move is well enough to make me drop BBRY for ever!
    andy957 likes this.
    01-08-15 08:28 AM

Relatively Speaking... to what??

Apple sold 6.1 million first generation iPhone units over five quarters. Sales in the fourth quarter of 2008 temporarily surpassed those of Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry sales of 5.2 million units, which briefly made Apple the third largest mobile phone manufacturer by revenue, after Nokia and Samsung[
    So in their first year they became the #1 vendor.... sure seems like it was a success right from the start? They didn't trick people into wanting an iPhone, because the iPod was already hugely popular and this just combined an iPod with an smartphone.

I don't know what kind of human being Steve Jobs was, or what laws he and his company have broken. But that had little to do with the downfall of BlackBerry - that is TOTALLY due to their Co-CEO's and BBOS limitations.

Still drinking a little BlackBerry juice myself... but I use my wife's iPad and that Apple juice isn't as bad as some of you want to believe.
    01-08-15 09:34 AM
    Relatively Speaking... to what??

So in their first year they became the #1 vendor.... sure seems like it was a success right from the start? They didn't trick people into wanting an iPhone, because the iPod was already hugely popular and this just combined an iPod with an smartphone.

I don't know what kind of human being Steve Jobs was, or what laws he and his company have broken. But that had little to do with the downfall of BlackBerry - that is TOTALLY due to their Co-CEO's and BBOS limitations.

Still drinking a little BlackBerry juice myself... but I use my wife's iPad and that Apple juice isn't as bad as some of you want to believe.
    Absolutely agreed with you!
    01-08-15 10:14 AM
    So Bla1ze are they going to release it on general sale or is it going to be exclusive to AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:42 AM
    The OP does not have to buy this from from AT&T. There still is the direct buying method to get the square version. It is being made available here in the U.S. which we should be happy that it is finally going to be in the stores. Customers who want round can go to AT&T, those who want square can save up and buy it direct. This allows more opportunity for the Passport (regardless of style) to be out in the market. The only thing I think I might prefer would be the additional space below the keyboard. I have gotten use to holding the Passport, so this is not a big issue for me either. Instead of complaining about BlackBerry giving in to AT&T we should be thrilled that they did what was needed to finally get the phone to market in the U.S.
    01-08-15 10:46 AM
    Go for a run and wear yourself out. You're aggressive today.
    01-08-15 10:46 AM
    What interests me is wireless charge, but not mentioned in att press release...
    01-08-15 10:52 AM
    What interests me is wireless charge, but not mentioned in att press release...
    I've had Qi charging on several phones and honestly it's a bit overrated on a phone with a battery the size of the Passports.

On smaller batteries it's great because the phone may need to be charged mid day but on these mega long lasting battery devices it's really not needed in my opinion..
    wasimraza likes this.
    01-08-15 10:55 AM
    I agree. We should not have options. Henry Ford was right. All cars should be black. We should be told by BlackBerry what we want. We don't want then listening to customers.

(end sarcasm)

Seriously though, Apple did that with Steve Jobs but he was a unique man. Since he died, Apple hasn't been the same and they have been more annoying since then.

My only concern with this is that it makes cases more difficult.

Oh, and I have the original Passport and I am happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:27 AM

This may be the only reason why I would want to sawp my current Passport for the curved one. I love wireless charging. I always worry about a damaged/ broken charging port. That is the one thing that I like with iPhones is their charging port/ plug seems to be more structurally sound that the micro port we use. I often wonder how strong the thing in the middle of the port is.

I would also like to see if the newly introduced Passport has the corkscrew issue as well as the screen lifting problem. I know that these are rare occurances but I would be screwed if this happened to my phone.
    01-08-15 11:42 AM
177 1234 ...