So I'm able to activate WiFi calling on my Passport and I can make outgoing calls fine. But inbound calls using WiFi calling ring busy but I get a missed call notification. Just for whatever reason, inbound calls just won't work. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing or something? I've only had this phone for 3 or 4 days and it's the first time I've ever used BB OS 10.
    09-12-17 02:19 PM
    I would double check with your carrier....just in case.
    The carrier allows/disallows whether wi-fi calling is active or not.
    I used it too sometimes on my BlackBerry Passport on TMO. Never stellar, but useable.
    09-12-17 02:40 PM
    I would double check with your carrier....just in case.
    The carrier allows/disallows whether wi-fi calling is active or not.
    I used it too sometimes on my BlackBerry Passport on TMO. Never stellar, but useable.
    It does work fine for me on my KEYone for inbound and outbound calls, but on my Passport, the problem is receiving calls. I tried to experiment some here. I'm in a shaky reception area and sometimes lose signal and the phone is searching for signal. I can still make outbound calls but not receive them. So I went upstairs where the signal is better and had my dad call me. I had T-Mobile signal and was using wifi calling and still couldn't receive the call. So I have no idea what is going on.
    09-12-17 02:51 PM
    So I'm able to activate WiFi calling on my Passport and I can make outgoing calls fine. But inbound calls using WiFi calling ring busy but I get a missed call notification. Just for whatever reason, inbound calls just won't work. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing or something? I've only had this phone for 3 or 4 days and it's the first time I've ever used BB OS 10.
    The only Wi-Fi Calling settings available to the user is through a Wi-Fi Calling app that's available in BlackBerry World. The app, however, is only available to BB10 devices T-Mobile carried, the Z10 and Q10. For other BB10 devices, like the Passport, you will need to locate the app .bar file and sideload it. For sideloading, look up a program call Sachesi. This app may/may not clear up what you're seeing, but I've not seen this problem myself, as I put T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling app on my Z30 already. I may have the app .bar saved somewhere, but have a look around the net first.
    09-12-17 02:56 PM
    That is very strange. Are the wifi calling indicators in the status bar showing that they are working correctly (white when using wifi calling, grey when using celluar service, red 'x' when not working)? What settings are you using in the app?
    09-12-17 03:06 PM
    That is very strange. Are the wifi calling indicators in the status bar showing that they are working correctly (white when using wifi calling, grey when using celluar service, red 'x' when not working)? What settings are you using in the app?
    Yeah, they're working correctly, it's just that the red X comes on sometimes when the cellular radio is searching for signal. So if I have a signal and it's showing I'm connected to the WiFi calling, inbound calls still won't come in.
    09-12-17 03:14 PM
    The only Wi-Fi Calling settings available to the user is through a Wi-Fi Calling app that's available in BlackBerry World. The app, however, is only available to BB10 devices T-Mobile carried, the Z10 and Q10. For other BB10 devices, like the Passport, you will need to locate the app .bar file and sideload it. For sideloading, look up a program call Sachesi. This app may/may not clear up what you're seeing, but I've not seen this problem myself, as I put T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling app on my Z30 already. I may have the app .bar saved somewhere, but have a look around the net first.
    Thanks. I got Sachesi downloaded and installed the wifi calling app and it still won't work. I'm on BB OS 10.3.3.1463 if that makes a difference.
    09-12-17 03:35 PM
    Yeah, they're working correctly, it's just that the red X comes on sometimes when the cellular radio is searching for signal. So if I have a signal and it's showing I'm connected to the WiFi calling, inbound calls still won't come in.
    Is it set to cellular preferred or wifi preferred?
    09-12-17 04:03 PM
    Thanks. I got Sachesi downloaded and installed the wifi calling app and it still won't work. I'm on BB OS 10.3.3.1463 if that makes a difference.
    I have the same BB10 OS version on the Z30. Hmm...
    09-12-17 04:03 PM
    Is it set to cellular preferred or wifi preferred?
    I tried an incoming call under both cellular preferred and wifi preferred. Nothing.
    09-12-17 04:19 PM
    I have the same BB10 OS version on the Z30. Hmm...
    I tried a shutdown/reboot and still nothing. Can't figure this out.
    09-12-17 04:20 PM
    I tried a shutdown/reboot and still nothing. Can't figure this out.
    Turn off all mobile connections/data and try again using straight wi-fi. Maybe?
    09-12-17 04:26 PM