So, I was told when I got the SIM for my Passport that Tmo would be rolling out LTE over their whole network over the course of 2015. It just wasn't happening in my experience though. So, I called and discovered that the towers were being upgraded to LTE only, no 4g or 3g. So when I had turned off LTE on my phone, I was going back to EDGE.
    So, I enabled LTE abd discovered that they have in fact deployed LTE over most of the state. The issue is that now when I make a call on one of these LTE/EDGE only towers I lose data while on the call.

Perhaps newer phones will adress this but this is somewhat disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:26 AM
    You need a VoLTE supported device to use T-Mobile's voice + data at the same time over their VoLTE network.
    The device also has to be activated by T-Mobile.
    As T-Mobile does not yet offer a Passport, it is not very likely that one will work on their VoLTE network.
    08-25-15 10:53 AM
    What do you mean ''activated'' on their network? I have the SIM installed and the phone works, is there an additional step?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:58 PM
    What do you mean ''activated'' on their network? I have the SIM installed and the phone works, is there an additional step?

Posted via CB10
    Means more that the device need to be branded or a model brought into their line by T-Mobile.
    For example, the T-Mobile BlackBerry Classic is reported to be able to work fully on T-Mobile VoLTE, but another carrier's Classic or Shop Blackberry Classic may not.
    08-25-15 01:52 PM
    Means more that the device need to be branded or a model brought into their line by T-Mobile.
    For example, the T-Mobile BlackBerry Classic is reported to be able to work fully on T-Mobile VoLTE, but another carrier's Classic or Shop Blackberry Classic may not.
    I see. I do miss HD voice from my z10

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:09 PM
    Why some many problems with 4G signal?

I think a new patch is needed SOON!.

I'm also having trouble with the same issue in my new carrier (Entel)
    08-25-15 06:56 PM
    I have data when someone calls me, but the data in 4g is slow. 4g with Tmobile is very slow .

Tmobile LTE on Passport, no data while on a call-img_20150825_222028.png

Silver Passport
    08-25-15 10:43 PM
    4g with tmobile is usually very fast. It just depends on signal level and traffic on the tower.
    Oh, and I am talking about LTE here, not 4G, HSPA. I get talk and data over regular 4g, and if regular 4g is available, a call while on LTE with flip to HSPA, which will still allow data, though slower than LTE.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:03 AM