Regrettably Blackberry discontinued UMA support on Passport and latter handsets.
    T-Mobile USA does not write support for WiFi Calling on great many handsets - the last that worked was BB 9900 from T-Mobile.
    For me it means I cannot use Blackberry Passport, Classic, Leap and whatever comes without UMA support.

UMA - is hardware solution allowing telephone connection on an Unlicensed frequencies - such as WiFi. In the USA only T-Mobile is using it and it works great allowing telephone calls when e.g. there is no cell signal or on a cheap while abroad.
    08-30-15 06:25 AM
    Actually the Z10 supported WiFi calling on TMO thus 9900 want last BlackBerry to do so. Just an fyi

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 06:38 AM
    Thank you for your comment, but UMA is a hardware solution and BB 9900 was the last hawing it.
    WiFi Calling is a software solution that needs to be written for each and every device separately - it might be newer but it is a step back. This is caused by copyright protections that come from people whose copyrighted material may never be in our circle of interest, but they do make our equipment less and less usable.
    The problem is also created by hardware manufacturers who are way to quick to eliminate UMA hardware solution, and the telephone networks operators who are sufficiently mentally challenged not see that UMA is and was a good solution for everyone.
    09-04-15 05:03 AM
    My mistake I should have read more thoroughly, I'm getting my 9900 out to mess with, I believe tmobile opted to go software route rather than devices with actual hardware for one reason or another

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 07:47 AM