Hi all

I am so excited to say tomorrow I will be a Blackberry Passport owner, got it from Vodafone UK, But I would like to know from all of you other blackberry passport owners what tips do you have for myself and other new passport owners just getting them such as how to save battery life and making things easier to understand etc.

I would love to hear all your thoughts.
    10-02-14 06:43 AM
    Focus on learning all the keyboard shortcuts and how to access all of its functionality by going through the help files.

You cannot use it onehanded. Otherwise it is just BlackBerry as you know it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 and z30
    10-02-14 06:54 AM
    . Otherwise it is just BlackBerry as you know it

I doubt that very much, I will be moving from a 9900 so it is going to be a huge learning curve for me !!!

Any tips for BB10 novices would be appreciated here.
    RodolfoAP likes this.
    10-02-14 07:17 AM
    The OS is very intuitive and easy to learn. Practice your swipes maybe but once you got that down the rest is fun.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-02-14 07:33 AM
    Hi all

I am so excited to say tomorrow I will be a Blackberry Passport owner, got it from Vodafone UK, But I would like to know from all of you other blackberry passport owners what tips do you have for myself and other new passport owners just getting them such as how to save battery life and making things easier to understand etc.

Get a hard case as most lot likely you'll eventually drop it.

Posted by CB10 / STA100-5 10.2.1.2977
    10-02-14 08:14 AM
    Guys I got mine delivered a few hours ago!

The only thing i can say, is that this phone is seriously the hottest piece of technology I've ever owned!

Who said that the Passport is too big? I got a bit paranoid after reading and watching all those US apple bias media reviews...
    It surely has its size, but it's no where near too big, it fits in my suit pants perfectly.

I don't have it with me now, it's at home charging and waiting for me to set it up later on.
    Funny thing, after using it for about 10min during launch break, I picked up my Q10 and started to laugh :-)
    I love my Q10 but that little tiny screen is just ridiculous compared to the passport. The screen is just crazy!!

One advice for me tonight and others, LEARN THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS, and get ready for 10.3.1 and more shortcuts capabilities!!!

Other that that, just enjoy your new phone, this one is definitely worth it!
    Bravo Blackberry
    10-02-14 08:23 AM
    Guys I got mine delivered a few hours ago!

The only thing i can say, is that this phone is seriously the hottest piece of technology I've ever owned!

Who said that the Passport is too big? I got a bit paranoid after reading and watching all those US apple bias media reviews...
    It surely has its size, but it's no where near too big, it fits in my suit pants perfectly.

I don't have it with me now, it's at home charging and waiting for me to set it up later on.
    Funny thing, after using it for about 10min during launch break, I picked up my Q10 and started to laugh :-)
    I love my Q10 but that little tiny screen is just ridiculous compared to the passport. The screen is just crazy!!

One advice for me tonight and others, LEARN THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS, and get ready for 10.3.1 and more shortcuts capabilities!!!

Other that that, just enjoy your new phone, this one is definitely worth it!
    Bravo Blackberry
    I am using Q10 and Z10 now. Q10 is always on my left hand. I never let it go. It is a single hand device. I like Passport a lot. Just wonder if I am going to continue to hold my Q10 all day long, and replace Z10 with Passport, or, it would be a Passport and Z10 combination.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 08:33 AM
    BlackBerry has put in a lot of effort into the teaching you the basics via little tutorials.

Coming from 10.0 it has been a nice experience to see all the little improvements from version to version. Right now, I would not worry about this aspect at all.

10-02-14 08:36 AM
    I am using Q10 and Z10 now. Q10 is always on my left hand. I never let it go. It is a single hand device. I like Passport a lot. Just wonder if I am going to continue to hold my Q10 all day long, and replace Z10 with Passport, or, it would be a Passport and Z10 combination.

Posted via CB10
    I use the passport as my main device at the moment and the Z30 as my media device..... wondering if I should change that... I seem to be faster on the Passport thanks to the keyboard

10-02-14 08:39 AM
    Don't worry about the battery as it is amazing and will last you all day.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 08:46 AM
    I use the passport as my main device at the moment and the Z30 as my media device..... wondering if I should change that... I seem to be faster on the Passport thanks to the keyboard

Not sure what you meant... Are you thinking about getting rid of Z30?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 08:47 AM
    Yeah welldone for getting one I got mine yesterday from tmobile and I am still learning it's the best mobile I have had

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 12:29 PM
    Yeah. The Q10 is rather small in your hands after holding a Passport.

Damn US delay.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 12:34 PM
    Get a case for sure. I found the only one within 50 miles of me and I love it. Find myself on my passport more often than my z30.
    Tips for new Passport Owner-img_1144.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:45 PM
    Not sure what you meant... Are you thinking about getting rid of Z30?

Posted via CB10
    I meant using my passport a little less and make the Z30 my main phone again, since I can use it with just one hand, the way you use your Q10... Whenever I use the Z30 Now, I just feel limited and restricted without the keyboard shortcuts..

10-02-14 03:59 PM
    I meant using my passport a little less and make the Z30 my main phone again, since I can use it with just one hand, the way you use your Q10... Whenever I use the Z30 Now, I just feel limited and restricted without the keyboard shortcuts..

That's my fear. I use Q10 with just one hand all the time, and type on it with both hands of course . If Passport is too big for one hand, I will be in trouble. Well, I know it all takes times to adjust. Could you keep me posted on you final decision? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 04:16 PM
    My final decision is the following: I keep the passport since it is the better phone. So you will have a similar setup as me right now. You can do most of the usage one handed because of the UK and the keyboard shortcuts. Yet it is still a bigger device.

When you can keep all three berries, you might be able to pick the right one for every part of your life. As far as I am concerned: everything I need to do is easier on the passport.

Consuming content is so much nicer on it because of the square screen. All you have to give up for it is one handed typing...

10-02-14 04:29 PM
    My only tip so far... is that I need to break a habit! It's been my habit that as I'm writing and typing to run my fingers all over the keyboard, whether on a PC keyboard or my phone keyboard. Not a good idea for a touch sensitive keyboard. I have found that I often have the cursor out of place when I stop to think and then start typing again.

Loving my passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:08 PM
    Hi all

When laying in bed catching up on email, do not drop it on your face.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:11 PM
    My final decision is the following: I keep the passport since it is the better phone. So you will have a similar setup as me right now. You can do most of the usage one handed because of the UK and the keyboard shortcuts. Yet it is still a bigger device.

When you can keep all three berries, you might be able to pick the right one for every part of your life. As far as I am concerned: everything I need to do is easier on the passport.

Consuming content is so much nicer on it because of the square screen. All you have to give up for it is one handed typing...

Perfect. Good to hear. It all makes sense to me. Thanks!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:16 PM
    When laying in bed catching up on email, do not drop it on your face.

Posted via CB10
    If iPhone 6 drops on your face, you will feel anything as it is so thin. It just bends.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:19 PM