I have been rocking a z10 for a while now and had a chance to pick up a classic. Due largely to my loyalty to my z10 I wasn't sure if the classic would become my daily driver. So I didn't register a bbid on the classic and I've been using both for the last couple of days. It looks like I will be switching but might want to keep both going for a while. This seems convoluted but I would like to transfer my old bbid to the classic, move all of the data over then get a "new" bbid for my old z10 and keep them both going for a while. The question is before doing this can I get a new BBID on the classic for full functionality (on the same email?) then essentially do a bbid switcheroo? (old bbid to new device, new bbid to old device). Or can I only migrate the old bbid to a device without a current bbid?

Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-17-16 08:47 AM
    Use the same BBID on both devcies.. only way to keep any purchased apps.

Use LINK to do a device switch... if yo need to move data over.

Only issue is BBM will only allow you to sign in on one device at a time.

You can put a new BBID on your old phone... but you'll have to disable BlackBerry Protect first.
    06-17-16 09:42 AM
    Yeah I mistakenly thought that the bbid was tied to a specific device and came to find out that it's not true. Old bbid on new phone works great except for bbms which I have to switch which one is active.

But thanks for the advice, so far so good.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-17-16 09:53 AM
    Keep same. Don't get a new BBID. You won't be able to download your already purchased apps to your Classic without having to buy them again.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    06-17-16 01:10 PM