Hi all,

Is it possible to have the current time displayed in the BB-Passport's lock screen like we have with the Nokia N9 (pic below).

"Time Display" in Lock Screen. Is it Possible in BB-Passport?-nokia-n9-lock-screen.jpg

I'm used to that feature and this is the only thing which is disturbing me with this otherwise fantastic device.

Thanks for your help.

Ps:
    1) Sorry if this query is oft repeated. I searched but couldn't find an answer.
    2) No, this feature does not consume any significant battery life. I know b'coz I'm using it since last 6-7 yrs.
    11-03-17 05:00 PM
    Closest you can get is bedside mode on BB10 (swipe down from the lockscreen).

It'll probably use battery though, Nokia devices had special displays to make glance screen use little to no battery power.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-03-17 05:26 PM
    Closest you can get is bedside mode on BB10 (swipe down from the lockscreen).

It'll probably use battery though, Nokia devices had special displays to make glance screen use little to no battery power.
    Thank you sir
    11-03-17 07:25 PM
    Bear in mind that during bedside mode the radios are turned off, so you'll have no notification of incoming calls, texts, and whatnot.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-04-17 10:05 AM
    Bear in mind that during bedside mode the radios are turned off, so you'll have no notification of incoming calls, texts, and whatnot.
    You can customize what you want to come through in Bedside Mode by going to Settings/Notifications/Bedside/Customize App Notifications. Also on that Bedside page you can enable "Notify During Calls" to let your device ring just for phone calls. Still, it's not an ideal way to have what the OP wants. Sorry, just can't think of any other way/app just now. As far as I'm aware, there is no app to do that.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-04-17 10:17 AM
    Try 'home screen plus' from BBW

I use it to show my clock and weather on the lock screen

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    brookie229 and Qorax like this.
    11-04-17 10:23 AM
    Still, it's not an ideal way to have what the OP wants. Sorry, just can't think of any other way/app just now. As far as I'm aware, there is no app to do that.
    True that. Bedside mode isn't what I was looking for. If I have to swipe to see the time - I might as well swipe up (and the home screen has the time).

This is one Nokia feature which is so convenient (for me) that even after purchasing many other phones I still always went back to my N9. However, the 'look' of the BB-Passport is awe inspiring - hence I'm sticking with it, time at a glance or not!

"Time Display" in Lock Screen. Is it Possible in BB-Passport?-blackberry-screenshot-map.jpg
    valiant29 likes this.
    11-04-17 10:33 AM

Nice! I've never used it but good to know. Hopefully helps the OP.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-04-17 10:35 AM

Wow! Lemme check
    11-04-17 10:36 AM
    I've been using home screen plus for years Also you might consider buying a cradle for the Passport and using the Passport as an alarm clock at night while it charges

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-04-17 11:12 AM
    I've been using home screen plus for years Also you might consider buying a cradle for the Passport and using the Passport as an alarm clock at night while it charges

Posted via CB10
    That's what I do and it's the best alarm I've ever had. Love that "Sunrise"!

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    11-04-17 11:34 AM