Check the Apps Notifications! You might have them all on..
    05-09-15 05:39 PM
    It's far easier, I guess, to not do any searches or follow easy advice given by members and just blame the phone and BlackBerry as a whole.

Bon voyage.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-15 06:08 PM
    Funny, OP hasn't been back. Hmmmm

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    gvs1341, BACK-2-BLACK and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-15 06:54 PM
    Going to an iPhone? You should. It has the best battery of all the phones on the market? If I have a problem with a device, I'm not going to say I'm switching to an iPhone. I'm going to try to solve the problem by calling Blackberry. They replaced my z10 when it stopped working.
    How about starting the thread by "Having serious battery drain issues, please help."

By the way, iPhone batteries are not the best at all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The49erfan and ponpiri like this.
    05-09-15 08:45 PM

What's even funnier are the question marks in the title, what kind of question is Passport let me down? The OP clearly does not know if the Passport let them down and needs someone to tell them. That's like me asking someone if I like chocolate or vanilla ice cream because I'm unsure. IMO if OP really wanted help they would have made the title something like Is My Passport Or Battery Defective?
    05-09-15 09:14 PM
    In both posts of your (April 17 and May 9), your system usage was very high - 28 and 41%..

I am on OS 10.3.1.1779 (Passport) and I get 1-2 days of use before having to charge. I checked the system resources usage on my Passport and it is typically 0.1-0.3% - so as the other users have pointed out - there is some software process that is causing the problem. Try some of the advice you have been given.

Good luck.
    05-09-15 09:22 PM
    If battery is the problem
    iPhone is not the solution.
    Trust me.
    ymb likes this.
    05-09-15 09:26 PM
    If System is killing your battery, a couple hard resets or factory reset would help.
    And BlackBerry support is not much help. You get better, much better support here.
    I hope that you will try the advice here or search for your answer in other thread before finally making up your mind.

Posted from my Passport
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-09-15 09:38 PM
    I don't understand these posts and why they're always made here. It's weird to see people happy to "threaten" to move to Apple in a BlackBerry "fan" board.
    Slow Joe likes this.
    05-09-15 11:08 PM
    I'd do the following, a hard reset. If all fails, get the iPhone 6. I own the plus variant, battery life is excellent. I can get a day almost two out of it

Tapatalk'n On The SGNIV
    05-09-15 11:21 PM
    Passport is the best BlackBerry I have had. Battery life in particular is amazing! I have NEVER had to charge in the middle of the day.

Yes, I'm a fan, but I've had iPhone, Android, and Lumia devices as secondary devices.

If you feel wronged by any brand you should move on. However, if you�re going to be objective you should already know from these forums that your situation is NOT normal.

If you bought unlocked from BlackBerry (I'm assuming because you have. 1779 and don't seem like the leak type), you should attempt a warranty replacement.

However, something tells me that's not really why you're posting this message in these parts of town.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-10-15 12:46 AM
    I had the same problem. Fixed it by doing a security wipe. Run it for an hour or so before doing a restore - to see if problem is fixed. If fixed then do a restore of your backup. If problem stays away then all good otherwise repeat security wipe but don't do restore again.
    ymb likes this.
    05-10-15 05:56 AM
    having a passport for over 1 month and still have battery issues, having access to forum and not reading is bit like, 'I couldn't manage to have a **** up in a brewery' situation. Good luck with i-phone battery.
    05-10-15 06:13 AM
    Have you done an hard reset?
    Press for few seconds togheter the volume buttons just to the reebot of the phone.
    Pressing the volume buttons together takes a screenshot...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:09 AM
    Here are some things that you should check/do to ensure better battery life, and they do make a difference:

1). Turn off sending of diagnostics. In Settings, go to 'security & privacy', 'diagnostics', and ensure the option is turned off.
    2). Screen management- Turn brightness down below 50%. Turn it up only when needed, such as outdoors on a sunny day. Also, change the screen timeout value to a low level, such as 30 seconds. Go to 'settings', 'display' to adjust.
    3). Turn off device connections when not needed, including Blend. No need to have your device constantly connecting to your home pc or laptop.
    4). Turn off 'traffic data collection'. Go to 'settings', 'location services', and turn it off. No need to constantly send location info to BlackBerry.
    5). Go to app manager and scrutinize apps that have permission to run when minimized and run in the background.

All of the above combined can contribute to significant battery drain. I get a full day plus with my Passport with heavy use...very heavy use!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    Yep location services are off. I've looked and uninstalled practically all my aps except CB.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:13 AM
    I'm getting two days out of mine with constant high volume email and BBM. Rather than just jump the ship, why doesn't the OP avail himself of BlackBerry support or even warranty service? The upgrade was done through their service provider, so they should have access to after-sales service.

However, if the OP likes to burn through money and feels an iPhone will solve their problems, go in peace. Freedom of choice...a beautiful thing.

No it wasn't done through my service provider as they don't stock blackberry's at all. It was purchased outright from an online retailer.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:18 AM
    It's far easier, I guess, to not do any searches or follow easy advice given by members and just blame the phone and BlackBerry as a whole.

Bon voyage.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Thank you for your useful input.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:20 AM

What's funny?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:20 AM
    I don't understand these posts and why they're always made here. It's weird to see people happy to "threaten" to move to Apple in a BlackBerry "fan" board.
    How do you not understand? Problems with blackberry passport posted in a blackberry passport forum. Should I post it in a soccer forum instead?

Posted via CB10
    Slow Joe likes this.
    05-10-15 07:22 AM
    having a passport for over 1 month and still have battery issues, having access to forum and not reading is bit like, 'I couldn't manage to have a **** up in a brewery' situation. Good luck with i-phone battery.
    Have you actually read the first post properly?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:26 AM
    What's funny?

Posted via CB10
    you did seem to disappear for quite a while. I was going to comment in a similar vein if you hadn't shown up again.

If you hold the volume up and down buttons you will take a screen shot, but if you keep holding them the phone will do a hard reset. That is a good place to start if your phone is acting up.

Another poster suggested you turn off diagnostics, did you try that too?

Keep trying things, it sounds like the PP is quite a phone when it works as its supposed to.
    Pressing the volume buttons together takes a screenshot...

Posted via CB10
    Try holding them down for about 40 seconds.

Then see.

Then get an iPhone. K?
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    Iphone is just terrible.

Either go

Passport

Or samsung s6 edge. Or maybe note 4 or wait on 5

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:27 AM
    Sorry you had problems with your Passport OP. I have had mine since launch and mine has never "let me down".

What a shame that after a mere month as a CB member you are considering switching to iPhone.

Well, perhaps the iPhone is what you need. Good luck! Sorry you'll be leaving Crackberry. (You will be leaving, right?)

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    05-10-15 07:28 AM
    I had the same problem. Fixed it by doing a security wipe. Run it for an hour or so before doing a restore - to see if problem is fixed. If fixed then do a restore of your backup. If problem stays away then all good otherwise repeat security wipe but don't do restore again.
    Yep I'm trying that now thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:28 AM
64 123