Is apple trying to steal the Passport's thunder? Pushing their event up to Sept 9th...

https://bgr.com/2014/08/05/here-come...september-9th/

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-07-14 03:36 PM
    How can they move something when said something was never confirmed but only speculated to begin with? The Sept 9th date itself, while likely accurate given the source, still remains speculation. Bit of a stretch to bring Apple in the mix there me thinks.
    walt63 likes this.
    08-07-14 03:44 PM
    More likely it's the NOTE 4's Thunder they would be interested in stealing....

Isn't the Passport just going to be a regional launch in a few markets to begin with?
    SmileDahling likes this.
    08-07-14 03:47 PM
    Well, let's say it wasn't moved (I'm just saying that because previous rumours had the launch date later in the month; however, the Sept 9th date does hold up considering last year's announcement date), in that case, launching the Passport in the wake of the iP6 announcement is a bad idea, no?

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-07-14 03:50 PM
    Who cares when it's launched. Geez people.

If BlackBerry don't market and advertise, it won't matter.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    08-07-14 05:29 PM
    In Chen we trust. Let's see what happens if this is true

Please join my photography channel
    08-07-14 05:34 PM
    More likely it's the NOTE 4's Thunder they would be interested in stealing....

Isn't the Passport just going to be a regional launch in a few markets to begin with?
    True, BlackBerry steals it's own thunder, no problem.

Posted via CB10
    campbecw likes this.
    08-07-14 05:58 PM
    Well, let's say it wasn't moved (I'm just saying that because previous rumours had the launch date later in the month; however, the Sept 9th date does hold up considering last year's announcement date), in that case, launching the Passport in the wake of the iP6 announcement is a bad idea, no?

There's never a perfect time to announce a device, there's just too much out there these days.
    08-07-14 08:45 PM
    There's never a perfect time to announce a device, there's just too much out there these days.
    Exactly.

There will always be the next big thing looming ahead.
    08-07-14 09:02 PM
    How can they move something when said something was never confirmed but only speculated to begin with? The Sept 9th date itself, while likely accurate given the source, still remains speculation. Bit of a stretch to bring Apple in the mix there me thinks.
    OT: I do wanna ask Bla1ze though, how do you have a picture in the forum comments that differs from the one you have in homepage comments?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 09:58 PM
    Like the Passport is enough of a threat to the iPhone for Apple to even consider changing dates. If true, then the real reason lies somewhere else.
    08-07-14 10:05 PM
    Frankly, I'd like to see them released on the same day. It's not like the typical iPhone fan who's hell-bent on getting the next shiny iPhone is going to consider the Passport anyway. But with the increasingly level headed BlackBerry media coverage, it would be good to have OS comparisons with both just out of the gate.

Oh yeah - followed by an announcement of a new soon to be released all touch device!
    08-07-14 10:17 PM
    OT: I do wanna ask Bla1ze though, how do you have a picture in the forum comments that differs from the one you have in homepage comments?

Posted via CB10
    I run this bissh! I can do whatever I want lol.

Just kidding, I dunno. They're both the same to me. Maybe something with the app(s) or your cache?
    08-07-14 10:56 PM
    We are all lucky you're doing what you want and making us happy at the same time.

Living a retro life fulfilling the intentions of yesterday. By tomorrow, I will be ready for today.
    08-07-14 10:58 PM
    Frankly, I'd like to see them released on the same day. It's not like the typical iPhone fan who's hell-bent on getting the next shiny iPhone is going to consider the Passport anyway. But with the increasingly level headed BlackBerry media coverage, it would be good to have OS comparisons with both just out of the gate.

Oh yeah - followed by an announcement of a new soon to be released all touch device!
    Never underestimate.... a certain company has a first hand experience.... so quit the bs

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 11:00 PM

Just kidding, I dunno. They're both the same to me. Maybe something with the app(s) or your cache?
    Add me on BBM breh, I like your insider blackberry knowledge and wouldn't mind talking about ****

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 11:01 PM