I am thinking of making the switch to Passport but I am a little nervous. It's a big investment but I miss my blackberry. I work during the day and I am in law school at night. I need to be extremely productive and have need to access a lot items on the web.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-13-15 10:49 AM
    Any thoughts and feedback would help?

01-13-15 10:49 AM
    The qwerty keyboard is going to be your saving grace! If you are a busy individual and as you say need to be productive! The constant backspace typing trying to constantly correct typing mistakes generated on the touch screen would drive anybody nutts myself included. I use to literally rip my hair out with constant backspacing trying to type out emails and it was a huge time waster.

The difference with the Z30 and OS10 is how the predictive text works. Words come up and all you have tovdo is flick the word in place!
    This said why would anyone use an ios or android device! Touch typing accuracy is where it's missing in ios and android. The BlackBerry capacitive scroll keyboard is ONLY available on a BlackBerry device!

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    01-13-15 11:50 AM
    Do it. Do it now!
    01-13-15 12:12 PM
    I more or less made that switch and haven't regretted it at all. BB10 OS is a breath of fresh air. If you don't use too many apps at once and have a small core of "go to" apps, and like the idea of having a physical keyboard, get the passport for sure.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    01-13-15 12:26 PM
    It's going to be as heavy as having 2 S5. Lol. Other than that, if your phone main function is to write emails, messaging (this includes but not limited to: BBM, Whatsapp, SMS, facebook, etc2), making phone calls, editing documents, and browsing, the BlackBerry Passport is the perfect phone for you. You can go with the Passport all day long without having to worry about the battery, because the battery surely lasts longer than many other smartphones out there.

If you need your camera phone to work like wonder, you might have to think of other choice. The camera works, but the software still needs some kind of tweaking for it to work wonderfully.

And other than that. The native apps are... limited at best. Many people work around this by installing the Android apps, but I have to say that it is (far) from ideal. The experience of using a native app and the android one is very different, that we know exactly that it looks like it existed in different ecosystems. They work, but not as smooth as the native apps.

And last but not least. As I've said before, the dimensions and weight might put people off. Just a warning. Because it is a big and heavy device. :-D

As conclusions: if your phone is being used for communications and browsing, then it is the phone for you. If you need many, many apps to do your work, or using your phone as a tool for entertainment, I might have to say that there are better phones for you out there. For me, other than the aforementioned functions, I love the phone build quality and battery life, and I found everything that I need for a phone on this Passport. There is not a better or more perfect phone for me than this.
    thymaster likes this.
    01-13-15 12:50 PM
    I also left Blackberry about 6 years ago and had a Galaxy, S2 and then Note3. I have now had the Passport for 4 months and I am very happy. I agree with the above poster on all points, with the exception that I have had a pretty good experience migrating my favorite Android apps over to Blackberry.
    The great thing is that you can keep all of your paid apps from Google and install them on the Passport. I am happily using android versions of:
    1. Remote Desktop Client (Xtralogic)
    2. Withings HealthMate
    3. Sonos Controller
    4. SiriusXM Radio
    5. Google Maps
    6. TuneIn Radio
    7. WS Wine and Cellar
    My biggest adjustment was only being able to log in to 1 GTalk account at a time, but this hasn't really been a big deal. I initially missed widgets a bit (especially my full screen scrollable agenda), but over time I adapted. The pros far outweigh the cons for me. So, to summarize my thoughts:
    - battery life on Passport is far better than Note3, except when continuously using Android apps/games
    - keyboard is awesome for productivity and shortcuts
    - screen is wonderful for reading and editing documents
    - file management is excellent
    - multitasking is also excellent, I like it better than Android
    - the Passport feels like a solid business device compared to all my Android phones

Best of luck with your decision!

edit: the camera software is pretty poor for anything spontaneous, though it is _capable_ of excellent photos ;-)
    01-13-15 01:23 PM
    DO IT!

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 pin:2BDA5232
    01-13-15 01:45 PM
    I got an S5 in October and recently switched over to a passport about a month ago. Well worth it, loving the passport much better.

Posted via CB10
    playpen007 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    01-13-15 02:18 PM
    When I switched to passport from android I kept my old phone activated as a back up. Turned out to be a totally unnecessary move. Passport does everything I need.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:44 PM
    I use Apple iMac's for my business and left BlackBerry for Android and IOS, but I came back when the z10 was launched. I went through the growing pains of OS10 and I did drift back to Apple, but I found myself missing the Hub, Peak and the gesturing concept and decided to come back to the brand for good.

I bought a passport at launch and I fell in love with the big screen, keyboard and speed of the device. I have also converted a few folks over to the passport from IOS and Android and they all love the device. My suggestion is if you know someone who has a passport, ask them if you could play with and have them answer any questions about the device. Or you could just go for it like I did and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my awesome red Passport on T Mobile USA
    thymaster and serbanescu like this.
    01-13-15 04:38 PM
    Wow thank you, you guys gave me a lot of confidence. It is extremely difficult to to type and as mentioned above the backspace and lack of ablity to type cleanly is a major problem.

01-13-15 04:51 PM
    Also where did yall get your phones to get best pricing?

01-13-15 04:53 PM
    I made the same switch as well. In between, I had a Q10 and a Classic and always kept the S5 for watching videos and certain apps.

Since getting the Passport, it has allowed me to basically dump all other devices and just use it.

As mentioned above, I loved using the swype feature on the S5 but I still had too many spelling errors! With the Passport I'm error free and loving the flick feature and predictive words!

The Passport is the best phone I have ever used...period.

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    01-14-15 01:27 AM
    The web is fantastic on this phone. I could sit at a coffee shop without my laptop and be surfing on my Passport all day long.

The productivity on the Blackberry vs. Android is like day and night. Hands down Blackberry is the clear winner.
    01-14-15 05:16 AM
    Wow thank you, you guys gave me a lot of confidence. It is extremely difficult to to type and as mentioned above the backspace and lack of ablity to type cleanly is a major problem.

It use to make me rip my hair out! The constant backspacing and touchtyping errors were less than desireable!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:33 AM
    Currently they are $599 until tomorrow - at least that's what BlackBerry shop says. I ordered one direct from BB due to the 30-day return window and I did not to wait for At&T
    01-14-15 08:51 AM