Well it's now oos anyhow

#whatisclassic
    True, Canadian site is showing out of stock already!
    11-25-16 07:49 AM
    I always thought this phone looks weird. Not my style for sure.
    11-25-16 08:44 AM
    Just ordered my spare from the Canadian site.

Sent from my not quite obsolete beautiful BlackBerry Passport SE
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-25-16 09:27 PM
    They definitely aren't.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 09:53 PM
    By the way, Passport SE got down to $254 on Amazon... as far as Amazon versus BlackBerry on returns goes: good to hear that BlackBerry is easy to work with, but Amazon has returns until Jan 31 for the holidays. Just something to consider

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 05:33 PM
    Why not? I bought two of them. One to use right away and one to keep as a spare. I like the Passport form factor and as long as the phone is usually, I'll be on it.

VKBS just don't work for me. My typing is more accurate on the Passport. Too much time wasted just backspacing and correcting errors.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 06:50 PM
    By the way, Passport SE got down to $254 on Amazon... as far as Amazon versus BlackBerry on returns goes: good to hear that BlackBerry is easy to work with, but Amazon has returns until Jan 31 for the holidays. Just something to consider

Posted via CB10
    That usd?

#whatisclassic
    11-26-16 06:59 PM
    That usd?

#whatisclassic
    Yes. And it bottomed out at $252. Shot up above $300 after Cyber Monday...

I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger when the price was low, and am replying on the SE now. Feels better in hand than my red. Buttons are easier to press, but they make more noise.

Some suspicious things about the packaging. Need to investigate to make sure this SE is as new as Amazon advertised.

Even if it is legit, one reason to return is the keyboard backlighting: duller in the middle and brighter on the sides. The "P" is particularly bright compared to the other keys... anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 03:44 AM

I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger when the price was low, and am replying on the SE now. Feels better in hand than my red. Buttons are easier to press, but they make more noise.

Some suspicious things about the packaging. Need to investigate to make sure this SE is as new as Amazon advertised.

Even if it is legit, one reason to return is the keyboard backlighting: duller in the middle and brighter on the sides. The "P" is particularly bright compared to the other keys... anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    Now that you mentioned it I looked at my new one and the 'rtyfgh, keys are duller than the rest. Hmm do I want to rma or not

12-01-16 04:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pretty common with a lot of their keyboard devices

How bad is it though?

If it's not too bad I'd leave it because you run the risk of getting another unit with something else wrong with it. That's my experience so far with BlackBerry lolll

#whatisclassic
    12-01-16 05:51 AM
    Pretty common with a lot of their keyboard devices

How bad is it though?

If it's not too bad I'd leave it because you run the risk of getting another unit with something else wrong with it. That's my experience so far with BlackBerry lolll

#whatisclassic
    Good point. This is my 4th Passport, and all had QC troubles. A shame because I love the design so much. They feel solid in the hand, but don't have the polish of Apple, Samsung, etc. My DTEK60, though, seems pristine. So maybe there's one plus about BlackBerry getting out of hardware.

If the keyboard lighting is the only problem, may keep this one... P is for Passport after all.

Though still haven't gotten the 10.3.3 on it, but my old Red Passport got it right away.

Price update: On Newegg, Passport SE is now $248.50 USD

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 01:14 AM
    Now that you mentioned it I looked at my new one and the 'rtyfgh, keys are duller than the rest. Hmm do I want to rma or not

After picking up my Red Passport with its perfect backlighting, this duller middle and bright P as well as brighter A/Z/delete is starting to bug me more.

Anyone have experience with Newegg? They've been around a while, but I've never bought with them. May go there if Amazon doesn't work with me

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 01:20 AM
    In my view, it's worth having backup Passport(s)!

I love my AT&T Passport with BB10 and if I had the money, would buy at least one spare.

I'm on disability as I shattered both my heels in March and do not have funds to buy another Passport but recommend it.

 BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    12-03-16 09:54 PM
    I'd be cautious buying spare phones without a removable battery.
    12-03-16 10:07 PM
    No need to be, Palm TX still work great and batterys can be bought and changed. Welcome to 2016.
    12-03-16 10:36 PM
40 12