Either way I guess it's a shot to appeal to more people. I'm excited for the little bit of extra room at the bottom beneath the keyboard to make typing more comfortable. The edges seem nice but we'll have to see. At least the US is finally getting a carrier who carries the passport.

Z10
    01-08-15 12:41 AM
    Oh man it looks waaaaay better this way. Still to big for me personally but dayum, Sexy phone.
    01-08-15 01:01 AM
    I absolutely love it

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:42 AM
    Love this design. If they had a white color option i'd be all over it
    01-08-15 02:43 AM
    Loving it.. hopefully demand will make BB offer the rounded version worldwide..
    BlackBerry will only offer what their carriers commission production of. Verizon commissioned a special Z30 with wireless charging. AT&T did the same with the Passport and its curved design. That's how it works.
    01-08-15 04:12 AM
    I'd be interested to give this a try...it seems as though the extra length at the bottom might make typing on the keyboard a slight bit more natural...and the lack of sharp corners could make sliding in and out of pockets a little smoother. Love my Passport 1.0, but if my local AT&T store has these in stock at some point, I want to test drive it.
    Not likely will they be in stores. For now they only seem to be advertised as coming soon on the Business/Enterprise website.
    01-08-15 04:18 AM
    The whole AT&T exclusive bit is kind of silly. Since there is no CDMA version of the Passport, Verizon and Sprint were not an option. The relationship with T-Mobile was severed. That leaves only AT&T as an option. You aren't exclusive if you're the only one.

Anyway, I think it would be good if BlackBerry sold both models. Those that prefer the redesign can get it, and those that like the original can go for the original.

Posted via CB10
    You DO realize carriers pay a commission to have devices manufactured to work on their spectrum, right? If there is no CDMA blame the carrier not BlackBerry.
    jupiter8 and thedose like this.
    01-08-15 04:22 AM
    This is ridiculous. This is exactly how you can make your customers angry. I think it was a moronic move and they shouldn't have done it.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze, MarsupilamiX and GeoK like this.
    01-08-15 04:24 AM
    This is ridiculous. This is exactly how you can make your customers angry. I think it was a moronic move and they shouldn't have done it.

Posted via CB10
    I think it was a smart move by AT&T. Only feelings hurt early adopters will complain.
    thedose likes this.
    01-08-15 04:30 AM
    The AT&T version looks more like the real "passport"... (which b.t.w. HAS rounded corners).
    thedose and 1raygin like this.
    01-08-15 05:09 AM
    As much as I have railed about AT&T delaying the Passport release (Twitter: #WeWantThePassport), I do like the look of the new design. It gives a consistent design look with the Classic and Q10. At least to me the original Passport now looks more like a prototype than a finished product. I do find a lot of humor in the "drama queen" reactions of some of the early square corner Passport buyers over the round corners.

Celebrate diversity in phone choices, not homogeneity.
    lang007, mkelley65 and thedose like this.
    01-08-15 05:49 AM
    It is so difficult to get carriers and manufactures to make cases for BlackBerry devices. It will be interesting to see if they will make cases for the AT&T version of the Passport...
    FF22 likes this.
    01-08-15 06:25 AM
    I like the rounded version
    01-08-15 06:32 AM
    I think the AT&T version looks nice! I think it might be more comfortable in the hand, but of course no way to know for sure unless I hold one.
    Hopefully it will be out soon and AT&T will push the 3.1 OS update out to the rest of us early adopters.
    01-08-15 06:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Its moronic to attempt to get Blackberry handsets into more hands? Please explain.
    01-08-15 06:45 AM
    Chen got bullied by a carrier in a country that couldn't care less about the BlackBerry brand. I wonder how much this cost the company to redesign and now manufacture two different models. Seems like another hail-mary pass by Chen. If they only sold "North of 200,000" worldwide, I can only imagine they will sell "north" of 100-200 in the states... What's next carrier's asking Chen to put Android on it's hardware?
    01-08-15 06:54 AM
    The new redesign looks much better than the original. So good that I might buy one.

One of the reasons I never went with a Passport was the LG Intuition. Another super wide, squareish phone, with sharp corners. My Intuition was always a pain to get in and out of pockets and even put holes into a few of my pockets. Besides looking much better (IMO), the rounded corners will also be more practical in day-to-day use.

I wonder if the new Passport's housing will fit on the old Passport? It would be cool if the early adopters had the option to upgrade their existing Passport to the new design.
    01-08-15 07:16 AM
    Never liked the rounded corners design like samsung's or iphone's. My design preference leans toward a square form like xperia's. Sony had been my ideal mobile design reference, square is a pure minimal form that conveys stability serenity in its pureness and hence peace of mind. This is the reason that sold me the passport original concept and won't regret having this marvelous piece, mix of art and function in my hands.

Posted via CB10
    raqball, LuvULongTime and jupiter8 like this.
    01-08-15 07:35 AM
    I really like the rounded corners; it looks way better, in my opinion. I just bought a Z30 on the year-end sale... haven't even switched from my Z10... now I want an ATT Passport!
    01-08-15 08:52 AM
    My question is how did AT&T and BlackBerry kept the redesign under wrap.
    I agree!! Not a single leaked photo here on CrackBerry! Although, there were rumors that AT&T requested changes to it, which is why it wasn't available immediately after launch.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    01-08-15 09:16 AM
    Is the AT&T version still called a Passport? And not something like Passport X, or Y? Curious...
    01-08-15 09:16 AM
    The whole AT&T exclusive bit is kind of silly. Since there is no CDMA version of the Passport, Verizon and Sprint were not an option. The relationship with T-Mobile was severed. That leaves only AT&T as an option. You aren't exclusive if you're the only one.

Anyway, I think it would be good if BlackBerry sold both models. Those that prefer the redesign can get it, and those that like the original can go for the original.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. But it is all about the marketing. In the US Comca$t used to have a commercial where the tag line was "no wonder we are the nation's #1 High Speed ISP."

Well when you have a Monopoly in your markets the only other option is dial up.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:25 AM
    I like the Stainless Steel band, seems it would give better screen protection w/o a case. Wireless charging is a plus now that there may be a unified standard.

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Passport Superphone
    01-08-15 09:26 AM
    I believe that at&t added that extra chin room to place their logo on it. The rounded corners are just to make the device look more user friendly. I'll have to see it for myself before I make my final judgement. So far it looks like the unlocked version was the better purchase.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:37 AM
    I like the original and glad I bought it vs. this AT&T version. Not to disparage anyone else's opinion of the design,
    01-08-15 09:40 AM
202 ... 45678 ...