I read a few places on the forums here that the corners were going to be rounded. I forget who said that but they only posed it like twice and everyone was kinda skeptical because they had no evidence.

Z10
    I think Kevin, founder of crackberry, needs to come out of his hiding place to pony up some money and purchase whoever it was who posted the information on crackberry that AT&T requested a change to the design of the passport. I don't think anyone believe that person and they more than likely took a lot of crap from forum members.
    01-08-15 08:13 PM
    rounded corners looks very cheesy. Make's the passort less BOLD. Ironically the blackberry bold had round corners. hahahaha.

But the sharp corners made it stand out and a bold statement of power and MAN - NESS.
    cadoresg, bodjor and raqball like this.
    01-08-15 09:38 PM
    I'm probably dreaming, but maybe now Verizon will get the Passport since AT&T's exclusive is "different".
    01-09-15 01:15 AM
    I personally like the original square corners.
    It literally says ... its an edgy and pointed statement to the world about being different.
    I also don't like who the rounded corners make the device bigger (longer).
    what will that mean for holsters, etc.?

My thoughts.
    Last edited by cadoresg; 01-10-15 at 06:42 AM.
    anon(5990673) and raqball like this.
    01-09-15 08:15 AM
    Moronic because the handset has been out for a while and there is a lot of us that if we had a choice, would have bought the AT&T version over the original.....but the Canadian market wasn't offered a choice of what style of handset they wanted other than colour. If 2 designs were to be lauded, then it should have been done at launch.
    01-09-15 09:16 AM
    Moronic because the handset has been out for a while and there is a lot of us that if we had a choice, would have bought the AT&T version over the original.....but the Canadian market wasn't offered a choice of what style of handset they wanted other than colour. If 2 designs were to be lauded, then it should have been done at launch.
    If you've had it less than 30-days just return it and wait for the AT&T version. If you've had it for longer than 30-days then sell it on eBay, craigslist, swappa ect. and then buy the AT&T version.

Sure by selling it you will loose some money on the deal but if the rounded version is that important to you then it might be worth it.

I'm on AT&T and am sticking with with the original version. 110% satisfied with my purchase! I've only had it a few days so I am easily within my return window if I wanted to do so..
    donmateo likes this.
    01-09-15 09:25 AM
    I like the square version, and now with AT&T getting this version if something happens to my phone I will give me the rounded version as a replacement; which I don't like.
    01-09-15 10:08 AM
    rounded corners looks very cheesy. Make's the passort less BOLD. Ironically the blackberry bold had round corners. hahahaha.

But the sharp corners made it stand out and a bold statement of power and MAN - NESS.
    Masculinity defined by a mobile device? I have heard it all now.
    thedose, jmr1015 and Smokeaire like this.
    01-09-15 10:59 AM
    Indeed...and its been mentioned many times in this thread.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    01-09-15 11:03 AM
    Sadly, I've seen that way of thinking more than a few times around these forums.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    01-09-15 11:08 AM
    A carrier has to tell the manufacturer how to make a phone?

Sad..

It does look better though.

But it still is a no go for me.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-09-15 12:39 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Looks gorgeous!!

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    01-09-15 12:51 PM
    I want to trade my square passport in for att round one.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:23 PM
    An extra row of keys *would* take up a lot of extra space.
    My old phone, the Dell Venue Pro, solved the issue of an extra row by putting the numbers and symbols on the keys too. (Like many previous BlackBerry models.) I could live with this phone much more easily if they had just done that. Yes, I'm getting used to the virtual row to some degree, but the numbers are still too small and difficult to reach on the virtual keyboard.
    Or maybe just a larger space bar and a couple of function keys on the very bottom row, if you're going to add another row. (Along with numbers and symbols on the keys.)

Looks so much better. Would have loved an extra row of keys though.
    01-09-15 01:37 PM
    Um sweetheart the Passport has been selling out all over the world. We are only getting to a point that is taking care of demand. The real problem is people. Too many people want it and not enough people who want it at the same time. There is nothing moronic about supply and demand.

Further, you can expect an att PP shortage too. Healthcare prof will gain access to the genome browser first quarter this year. What is truly moronic is that your doctor maybe using an iphone instead of a Passport.
    thedose likes this.
    01-09-15 09:44 PM

Sad..

Carriers have ALWAYS commissioned the manufacture of devices. Why do you think there is no Z30 for AT&T? They didn't commission it. Why is there no Passport for any other CDMA network currently? No carrier has of yet commissioned one. That''s the way it's always been done. The carrier owns the spectrum and works with the manufacturer to spec the device. If they make aesthetic changes so be it.
    01-09-15 09:49 PM
    I heard that the AT&T Passport comes with wireless charging is this true? Does the current Passport have it? I don't think so

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    01-09-15 10:39 PM
    Honestly, I think AT&T just wanted the Passport and Classic to look more alike. With the Passport being the phablet upgrade, sort of like the iPhone 6 and 6+
    I was thinking the same thing. Gives ATT something to match up to the IP's, one bigger than the other but look is similar. At least that's what to pics I've seen of both remind me of.
    01-10-15 05:30 AM
    I like it better than the square but more for the additional space at the bottom!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 06:34 AM
    I own the original Passport, and I love it. The AT&T shape is starting to grow on me. I like the idea of the classic & Passport resembling. The Classic with a smaller form factor and closer to what we're used to, and the Passport with it wider, bolder display

I do still think the square shape makes a much bolder statement, but that may not always be good...particularly for those who aren't true fans of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    01-10-15 02:49 PM
    I do still think the square shape makes a much bolder statement, but that may not always be good...particularly for those who aren't true fans of BlackBerry.
    That mentality can be troubling. Reminds me of religious extremists who talk about other people, of their same religion, as not being "true believers" because they don't hold the same extremists views and ideals.

What is a true fan of BlackBerry? Someone who likes BlackBerry and buys BlackBerry devices when they suit their needs? Or someone who buys everything BlackBerry produces, regardless of quality or cost? Someone who acknowledges BlackBerry's strengths as well as weaknesses? Or someone who blindly defends BlackBerry no matter what? Someone who buys shares in BBRY and follows their ups and downs financially? Someone who follows the word of Chen as gospel? Someone who has been a fan since the early days when BB was king? Who used the various versions of BBOS over the years? Someone who stuck it out through the dark times of mismanagement? Or someone who has jumped in since BB10 and Chen?

And who gets to decide these things? Who decides who is a true fan or not?
    thedose likes this.
    01-10-15 04:38 PM
    I don't have a passport but if I did I'd get a nice leather case with a cover for it that way the phone is protected and you don't notice the round or square shape so much.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 07:27 PM

Sad..

The AT&T HTC tilt was different than the Verizon version. Same phone but AT&T had a couple different features. Nothing new with carriers getting special phones.

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015, mkelley65 and thedose like this.
    01-10-15 11:53 PM
    I'm with teamryan15, still waiting for a Verizon model of the Passport. No choice since it's the only carrier that's used at my work business.
    01-11-15 03:04 PM
    If it ain't broke!? Whoever invented square dinner plates? I'll stick with round thankyou very much!

So for me the original PP, the square one, and a big meh to the rounded corners!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 01-11-15 at 05:12 PM.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    01-11-15 03:11 PM
202 ... 6789