I believe that at&t added that extra chin room to place their logo on it. The rounded corners are just to make the device look more user friendly. I'll have to see it for myself before I make my final judgement. So far it looks like the unlocked version was the better purchase.

Posted via CB10
    The logo appears to be on the back according to photos from the Inside BlackBerry Blog:

Thoughts on ATT exclusive rounded Passport-passport_att_back.jpg

If they wanted an AT&T logo up front, it would most likely already be there - no reason to produce a logo-free version if this is an AT&T exclusive.
    01-08-15 09:47 AM
    I think factory unlocked out weighs the rounded corners, for me.
    Yes, and if you buy it from AT&T, it is 650 dollars vs 599. So I can see why AT&T wants an exclusive deal on the rounded corner version particularly if they are going to push this phone in their stores.
    01-08-15 10:06 AM
    The logo appears to be on the back according to photos from the Inside BlackBerry Blog:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passport_att_back.jpg 
Views:	700 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	326041

If they wanted an AT&T logo up front, it would most likely already be there - no reason to produce a logo-free version if this is an AT&T exclusive.
    Oh ok I stand corrected. Yet another reason why the unlocked version for me was a better buy. Plus I wanted to buy one off contract and with at&t it would have been 100 bucks more. Classic win-win.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:16 AM
    Personally I prefer the original design. The straight lines make it more unique (as if it wasn't enough already) in my eyes. Something about the rigidity of it makes it more appealing to me. I am very much looking forward to hopefully being able to hold it in my hand in a store though to see if I want to purchase it. Only reason I've held off to this point is I haven't seen it in person yet.
    01-08-15 10:44 AM
    If AT&T has the gut to put this Passport next to iPhone 6/Samsung Galaxy on their display, I bet the first one customer pick to play with must be Passport because it is completely different than the rests and they might ended up owing it. I'm talking about professional customers, not kids like to play video/games on the phone. If BBM video screen sharing becomes cross platform, I bet BlackBerry can double or triple their BBM users fast. With BBM Video Screen Sharing, you can give PowerPoint presentation/video conferencing anywhere any places. Who needs the most expensive Video Conference anyway?
    lang007 and Greened like this.
    01-08-15 10:53 AM
    I believe that at&t added that extra chin room to place their logo on it. The rounded corners are just to make the device look more user friendly. I'll have to see it for myself before I make my final judgement. So far it looks like the unlocked version was the better purchase.

Posted via CB10
    I like the extra bit of chin room. It gives the device a less 'squished' look. Seeing that extra bit of room also means BB could possibly add a 3rd row of keys without killing the original spirit of the phone.
    01-08-15 11:00 AM
    I just don't get why it was important for AT&T to feel the need to do this. It was almost like someone making decisions by committee or wanting BB to have to jump through hoops for them in the US to get some store space. I just find it odd. Don't get me wrong, at least one of the carriers are going to put them on the shelf for sale. At least that is going for it. I'm going to go back and buy the square unlocked one though. I just like the unique look of the square one.
    lang007 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:24 AM
    I think the rounded corners are kind of iPhone-ish...

The Passport square corners are unique!

Q10 OS10.3.1.1949 Radio1155
    raqball likes this.
    01-08-15 11:52 AM
    I think the rounded corners are kind of iPhone-ish...

The Passport square corners are unique!

Q10 OS10.3.1.1949 Radio1155
    I think they are kind of Bold 9900-ish. Makes the phone look more like a BB to me.
    TgeekB and jmr1015 like this.
    01-08-15 11:54 AM
    I believe AT&T just want to go with the flow of rounded corner. Remember, AT&T here to make money. To minimize their loss and maximizing their profits. I believe there is nothing else.
    01-08-15 12:15 PM
    Any American AT&T customers who were / are going to get a Passport would have bought the original square one if that's all they had avaiablle. In away this just complicates matters, but at least they can get a BlackBerry passport now.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:23 PM
    I'm not hating BlackBerry for redesigning the Passport.

I love my Square Passport with its I beam frame, it's unique and stands out, I've completely adjusted myself with the device. No long find it hard to type or hold.

With this resigned rounded passport it's going to blend in well and look like every other device in the market.

Blackberry needs to produce a new video to explain their rounded design story haha

Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.1154
    01-08-15 12:37 PM
    I'm not hating BlackBerry for redesigning the Passport.

I love my Square Passport with its I beam frame, it's unique and stands out, I've completely adjusted myself with the device. No long find it hard to type or hold.

With this resigned rounded passport it's going to blend in well and look like every other device in the market.

Blackberry needs to produce a new video to explain their rounded design story haha

I don't see how something that size will Blend in with all the other phones out there.
    chflower, LazyEvul and 1raygin like this.
    01-08-15 01:30 PM
    I like it!

AT&T probably rounded the corners so when frustrated customers throw it at the counter driods it won't hurt so much.
    01-08-15 01:50 PM
    Any American AT&T customers who were / are going to get a Passport would have bought the original square one if that's all they had avaiablle. In away this just complicates matters, but at least they can get a BlackBerry passport now.

Posted via CB10
    I want the passport. I just did not have the $600 to out right buy it. So I would have gotten the square one. I prefer the square but the rounded corner on this one is not that bad
    01-08-15 02:01 PM
    I don't see how something that size will Blend in with all the other phones out there.
    The Original Passport design was very ODD in sense it was not the usual device with smooth round edges and soft curves. The redesigned Passport will not have that straight evil appearance !!!

Well its a Design only AT&T will carry...
    01-08-15 02:12 PM
    Ok with either design, just happy to see the device coming at a price I am willing to pay. Have yet to see any phone that I am willing to pay $500+ for. And before you go there, no I don't do so eventually anyway. I buy my device, my company pays my monthly bill.
    01-08-15 03:14 PM
    I like the square look but I must admit the rounded version is probably more Comfortable to hold

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 03:19 PM
    The Original Passport design was very ODD in sense it was not the usual device with smooth round edges and soft curves. The redesigned Passport will not have that straight evil appearance !!!

Well its a Design only AT&T will carry...
    I would agree that the (Both) Passport has an odd design and if placed face down on a table with all the other phones on the market I bet you that the Passport (Both) will look out of place.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 01-08-15 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Wow 3001 post
    01-08-15 03:24 PM
    Would love round edges.. one of the very few things that bother me

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 03:35 PM
    I don't dislike the original appearance, now that I have gotten used to it, but the AT&T design is better, in my opinion. If nothing else, I'd think that it would fit more easily in some pockets.
    Additionally, I wish that AT&T had pressed BlackBerry to allow numbers and symbols on the keyboards too. That would make the Passport a significantly better phone, IMO.
    01-08-15 04:11 PM
    I don't dislike the original appearance, now that I have gotten used to it, but the AT&T design is better, in my opinion. If nothing else, I'd think that it would fit more easily in some pockets.
    Additionally, I wish that AT&T had pressed BlackBerry to allow numbers and symbols on the keyboards too. That would make the Passport a significantly better phone, IMO.
    I have a feeling we will see a third row of keys and a more Bold like PKB on Passport 2.
    01-08-15 04:30 PM
    I would agree that the (Both) Passport has an odd design and if placed face down on a table with all the other phones on the market I bet you that the Passport (Both) will look out of place.
    Yes are correct in saying both the passports will look out of place but Passport with I beam and pointy edges is something you don't get to see that often.

Rounded phones we see a lot but a device when you throw at someone that could cause a serious injury haha

RoseBud68 likes this.
    01-08-15 04:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I want the passport. I just did not have the $600 to out right buy it. So I would have gotten the square one. I prefer the square but the rounded corner on this one is not that bad
    I had pretty much zero interest in the Passport. The Classic was always the better looking of the new generation BlackBerry's, to me... But the new redesigned Passport has my attention. I'm not going to preorder or be an early adopter or anything like that... But I'm far more likely to pick up the rounded edge PP someday... Where as I never saw myself getting the original square edge PP unless it was given to me as a gift.
    01-08-15 06:04 PM
    Looks so much better. Would have loved an extra row of keys though.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    01-08-15 08:12 PM
202 ... 56789