Thinking about this design a little further. If I can figure out how to take the seidio case off I will definilety let me Passport roam around naked a little bit. Especially when visiting Best Buy and AT&T stores to compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:06 PM
    BB : we didn't want to make another iphone, so we made the square passport

ATT : if you want us to carry your product, it has to look as much as an iphone as possible (rounded corners)

BB : ok!

p.s. I personally think it looks great!
    01-07-15 05:07 PM
    Ok I'm liking the rounded Passport. Sometime it pays to wait.
    thedose and chflower like this.
    01-07-15 05:07 PM
    The whole AT&T exclusive bit is kind of silly. Since there is no CDMA version of the Passport, Verizon and Sprint were not an option. The relationship with T-Mobile was severed. That leaves only AT&T as an option. You aren't exclusive if you're the only one.

Anyway, I think it would be good if BlackBerry sold both models. Those that prefer the redesign can get it, and those that like the original can go for the original.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:10 PM
    The rounded corners should not only prove aesthetically more appealing to more people but should make the device feel better in hand as well. The change makes sense.

I have asked several people their thoughts on my Passport and they by and large ask the same thing -- "Why is the device so square/sharp?"

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:13 PM
    Looks funny to me (sorry) but I dont like to look my phone look cheaper

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    01-07-15 05:13 PM
    To be honest, I need to hold an AT&T Passport in my hand, next to my BlackBerry unlocked one. Then I can truly comment. Having said that, I showed my missus images of the AT&T version. She prefers mine, and stated that AT&T were trying to make their version like an iPhone or Samsung device.

Hmm...
    01-07-15 05:14 PM
    sure hope Apple does not notice this..... If memory serves was this not one of the reasons Apple sued Samsung was the curved edges on their smartphone... I smell lawsuit....
    01-07-15 05:17 PM
    The rounded corners should not only prove aesthetically more appealing to more people but should make the device feel better in hand as well. The change makes sense.

I have asked several people their thoughts on my Passport and they by and large ask the same thing -- "Why is the device so square/sharp?"

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. AT&T must have felt it would sell better with rounded corners. People are more used to that style and it has to be more comfortable to use. If it sells well that's all that matters!

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-07-15 05:18 PM
    I don't believe AT&T had much of a say or care how a blackberry looks..

Blackberry...
    - How can we sell the Passport in the US
    .. They seem to love the old looking classic..
    - Bingo! we'll redesign the passport to look like the classic!
    .. The marketing will be easy! - square classic or a normal classic - BRILLIANT

Will these even be in retail stores?
    01-07-15 05:28 PM
    I personally prefer the original. To be more specific, I love the black/red Passport. Was going to order it this weekend, night have to wait a while but will definitely be getting that one.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    01-07-15 05:29 PM
    Prefer the Square Edgy Passport not soft round one haha some may love the new desgin but I prefer the bold outcast look of the pointy squary passport!

Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.1154
    01-07-15 05:31 PM
    If BlackBerry had first came out with the AT&T version I think most would have accepted it and not complained about the edges. Now the consumer will have a choice between buying from AT&T or buying from Amazon and BB. I think maybe the additional space at the bottom may make it easier for some to hold and type. I bought mine at launch and am happy with it. I do not think that getting the new design at a larger price is worth it. If they release it soon then maybe we will get direct from BB an update to our passports foro 10.3.1
    01-07-15 06:18 PM
    Do the corners light up?
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    01-07-15 06:28 PM
    I would say so.

It looks like it's maybe a few mm longer

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    01-07-15 06:31 PM
    I wonder how many round Passports AT&T promised to buy and sell for them to get them to revamp the manufacturing?

What about specs? Same? Or different?
    AT&T is getting something for nothing...they want to make money on these.

Exactly. AT&T must have felt it would sell better with rounded corners. People are more used to that style and it has to be more comfortable to use. If it sells well that's all that matters!

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-07-15 06:34 PM
    The CrackBerry story says same hardware.
    01-07-15 06:36 PM
    I just took a look at the CrackBerry article comparing the two versions. The rounded version looses the I Beam construction and it is replaced with a more conventional frame. The new frame looks like it is two pieces, with the joint just above the keyboard.
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-07-15 at 08:21 PM.
    01-07-15 06:43 PM
    AT&T is getting something for nothing...they want to make money on these.
    I've heard this variant will see wireless charging, though I have nothing official to confirm this. Otherwise, we appear to be looking at the exact same Passport, just with a slightly different look and feel.
    01-07-15 06:55 PM
    Rounded corners really take away from the design and add to the actual size. Is it going to be more ergonomic? Will see>
    01-07-15 07:01 PM
    I've heard this variant will see wireless charging, though I have nothing official to confirm this. Otherwise, we appear to be looking at the exact same Passport, just with a slightly different look and feel.
    Yes, the ATT variant will support PMA charging, search these forums and you'll find a post by user Raino who mentions this, but see my link below for the official certification from PMA:

http://www.powermatters.org/certific...339-blackberry

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    Zeratul57 and LazyEvul like this.
    01-07-15 07:08 PM
    Right and all the ATT Passport people will be crying about lack of UPDATES FROM ATT. So there is still alot of draw to a factory unlocked model.

Thanks BB for wireless charging! Bring it to all!
    raqball and GeoK like this.
    01-07-15 07:29 PM
    Well Chen did say a few weeks back that BlackBerry was already working on the design of the next Passport. And damn it came fast.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:40 PM
    Right and all the ATT Passport people will be crying about lack of UPDATES FROM ATT. So there is still alot of draw to a factory unlocked model.

Thanks BB for wireless charging! Bring it to all!
    But its PMA in a Qi charging world, the ATT price for exclusives. So your Z30 users that move from Verizon can't use the old chargers.
    01-07-15 09:21 PM
    Probably didn't trust their customers with pointed corners...

Posted via CB10
    Maybe TSA banded them along with pocket knives!!!!
    vpblaze and GeoK like this.
    01-07-15 10:50 PM
202 ... 34567 ...