I have a Z10, which I really like, but I keep thinking about getting a Passport.

Any pros and cons would be gratefully received, and I have a few questions;
    Is the Passport's size a problem?
    Is the 1:1 screen an issue? ( I will be mainly using it to read and compose e-mails, texts and view websites including facebook and CB10).
    Is the fixed battery an issue? (The Z10's battery life is a problem for me sometimes.)
    And, do the Z10 and Passport use the same type of SIM card? (I wanted to keep my Z10 as a back up phone, and maybe as a weekend (read as 'pub' ) phone, as I wouldn't want to drop a Passport on the flagstone floor in my local, it might damage the floor )
    03-25-15 04:25 PM
    I have a Z10, which I really like, but I keep thinking about getting a Passport.

Any pros and cons would be gratefully received, and I have a few questions;
    Is the Passport's size a problem?
    Is the 1:1 screen an issue? ( I will be mainly using it to read and compose e-mails, texts and view websites including facebook and CB10).
    Is the fixed battery an issue? (The Z10's battery life is a problem for me sometimes.)
    And, do the Z10 and Passport use the same type of SIM card? (I wanted to keep my Z10 as a back up phone, and maybe as a weekend (read as 'pub' ) phone, as I wouldn't want to drop a Passport on the flagstone floor in my local, it might damage the floor )
    Hello!

I've had my Passport for over a month now and just love it it. The Z10 was a good phone but everything since has been quite an upgrade, the Passport most of all.

I don't find the size to be a problem. It's wide but only about as tall as your Z10.

The 1:1 screen is fine. It might be a bit worse for some games but is fantastic for websites and BlackBerry OS 10 works very well with this aspect ratio.

The fixed battery will not be an issue. I'm nearing the end of day two on a single charge and I still have 38% of my battery left. I'm an average phone user but have about 8 accounts being checked constantly with the Hub. The battery life on the Passport is absolutely astounding. This was a weak point with the Z10 especially.

The Passport uses a nano SIM, the Z10 uses a larger micro SIM. I bought an adapter so that I could move the SIM over to another phone if needed. I haven't and won't unless the Passport breaks. It's pretty tough, so I don't see this happening any time soon.

Really, the Passport is awesome. I use it in so many ways that I hadn't anticipated. It's great. You'll love it.
    kekos and nubold like this.
    03-25-15 04:43 PM
    stop thinking and say goodbye z10 hello passport
    kekos likes this.
    03-25-15 04:46 PM
    The 1:1 screen is fine. It might be a bit worse for some games but is fantastic for websites and BlackBerry OS 10 works very well with this aspect ratio.
    I don't really play games on my phone, so that's fine.

I was looking in a Carphone Warehouse shop at the weekend but they didn't have a Passport (or any BlackBerry's!) on display for me to check it out. They have them on their website for �399 SIM free, which I didn't think was too bad?
    03-25-15 04:53 PM
    I don't really play games on my phone, so that's fine.

I was looking in a Carphone Warehouse shop at the weekend but they didn't have a Passport (or any BlackBerry's!) on display for me to check it out. They have them on their website for �399 SIM free, which I didn't think was too bad?
    I'm doing the same switch. Or trying to decide how to still use my Z10 for those occasions, like at the beach, where I'd rather use a phone that won't get sand in the keyboard.

I did some research and bought what seems like the least dangerous SIM adapter they sell so I can swap with my Z10. Time will tell if I even want to go through with the effort of swapping I guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:57 PM
    The size will take a bit to get used to, since the Z10 is much narrower than the Passport. Other than that, just the real keyboard might take a few weeks to really feel good at typing on, though the flicking up of words is something that should make you feel right at home.

They're really different devices, and I had a Z10 from the day it launched. The Passport is better in every way.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 05:29 PM
    I was facing your same concerns,...guess what! Passport baby! My faithful Z10 is on the shelf,...just chill'n.

There are many things I like about the screen,...one is i don't have to turn it sideways to watch a video!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:50 PM
    Say goodbye to your Z10! Seriously, the Passport is better in every way.
    03-25-15 07:55 PM
    1:1 ratio might sound weird initially, but once you tried it with emails and websites, you would start to appreciate it.

More contents showing and less scrolling, I could take a quick glance and move on to next much quicker.

For me, it's an amazing power tool for me.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    03-25-15 08:14 PM
    The keyboard will need to take some time to get used to it. Other than that PP is a great device with 10.3.1 (for better Android player zoom option support)

Posted via CB10 from BB Passport
    03-25-15 09:28 PM
    Love the form factor and the keyboard is the best ever. If you look there are some Mint used ones on Ebay if you don't want to pay full price

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.281 Allergy/Pulmonary
    03-25-15 10:04 PM
    Well, mine came in yesterday. When I saw this big beautiful beast, I suddenly didn't feel so bad about abandoning my Z10. The keyboard is going to take some getting used to, but oh hot damn I love this screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 09:17 AM
    It's a no-brainer.
    I liked the Z10.
    I loved the Z30.
    There isn't a word for the Passport. It's stunning, almost empowering. Such a modern, sophisticated piece of technology in your hands.

The only valid issue I would accept is the size. It's not for everyone, but once you accept that it is a two-handed device, it's not really that big!

Apps are a semi-valid argument (although I find them to be mostly unnecessary), but you're already on BB10, so it's a non-issue for you.

Get it, you won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 10:09 AM
    So, I decided that as I already had a phone that I liked and was happy with why would I spend �400 on a new one?...

And then I saw a couple of posts on this very forum saying that the Passport was on a one day special offer on Amazon. Mine's due to be delivered tomorrow and I used the saving to buy a 128GB microSD card.
    03-31-15 05:19 AM
    I don't think you will regret your decision. I jumped from Z10 to Passport back in January and I haven't looked back. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 05:47 AM
    Just do it!
    You will never know how great a Passport is until you try it. More screen size, power and speed.
    You will not regret it.
    03-31-15 05:58 AM
    I have a Z10 and I just bought the Passport from the Amazon UK for only GBP 329.99. Waiting to get it in my hands!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 07:19 AM
    I got my Passport today, knew I'd done the right thing within an hour!

I'm still finding my way round it, but I'm sure it'll be fine. It gets a full 'H' (3.5G) signal where my Z10 struggled to get a 'G' or even 'edge'! Tomorrow I'm in an area with a good strong 4G signal, can't wait to see what my Passport can do then!
    04-01-15 03:10 PM
    I moved from a Z10 a week ago to a Passport and have not looked back! Still learning all the bits, but am not going back to the Z10! Look the form, pub, resolution, fits in all my pockets, so I say go for it!!

Posted via my White Passport!
    04-01-15 05:41 PM
    "Pkb"!

Posted via my White Passport!
    04-01-15 05:42 PM
    I thought I would feel guilty for spending so much and relegating my Z10 to second string. 6 days in, I'm in love with this phone. I'm most in love with the battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 05:45 PM
    The battery really is a dream on the Passport. I moved from the Z10 to Passport also. Tremendous phone in every way.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:28 PM
    Congratulations to all you new Passport owners. The love only gets stronger over time, once you get the hang of all of the keyboard's capabilities!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:45 PM
    Don't think, just do.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:47 PM
    I tried to use my Z10 one day and just hated it having used my PP for a couple of weeks. I pound out very lengthy emails, read lots of long documents and consume a massive amount of on-line content and now all of this on my amazing PP. Much of that I would leave for my Surface Pro 3. The phone is simply a beast for writing and consuming content. I find all slab phones to be so narrow.

My brother visiting from Angola had a good chuckle with my phone and thought it was too big. he has an iPhone5s and he would also wait to use his iPad Air to do anything that required much of anything. He has a hard time with the small screen and kb. He is a super iFan and will be upgrading to the iP6 and plans to get an iWatch. I suspect I will do more with my PP in 10 minutes than he will with both devices in a day.

He won't try any of my BBRYs and is one of those that buys anything Apple sells even if he struggles to use it. He is not the only one in his family that is blindly loyal to Apple.

Back on point, I can't bring myself to pick up my Z10 and simply love my PP and have zero complaints. I wasn't sure I would like a PKB again since the VKB from BB10 is so amazing. Love the PKB of the PP.

Quite thinking and over analyzing and get yourself an amazing PP.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    04-02-15 12:31 AM
27 12