1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport for sure!!! Awesome device and the new OS 10.3.1 is sweet!!

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 04:30 PM
    I tried Passport for a month twice, then I gave them back.
    To me Z30 is just perfect, I use it with a hand, I love vkb and flicks, the device is as fast as you need. No need for two hands, just not as beautiful as the passport tho...
    Thanks for the feedback. i guess as i mentioned in other posts. I just wont know until i give a try. Thanks
    02-22-15 05:29 PM
    I have both. If the Z30 had a faster processor and or the software would get the updated and run faster (which I have not been able to test yet) to run android apps faster. Sometimes they won't load at all. The BlackBerry Passport runs so fast love it and have totally adjusted to the size and shape. To be honest if the Z30 ran like the Passport I would not have switched but now that I have I love typing on a hard keyboard and love having people look at it with curiosity and a touch of envy. Second thing that made me switch is the 13 MP camera. I just came back from vacation with the Z30 and I wish I had my now Passport. Huge difference from an 8 to a 13 in pixel quality.

Passport is a flagship to be proud of and I am proud of it and the Canadian branding.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:09 PM
    I made the switch from Z30 to Passport in October last year. There are less apps, plants vs zombies is not available for Passport. But there are still plenty of entertainment apps. I really don’t mind watching videos on the Passport. I find the screen is so much better than the Z30. Reading and composing email, BBM etc makes this machine second to none. Browsing is great too. No regrets at all.
    02-22-15 07:39 PM
    get yourself a Classic and dump that G2
    02-22-15 07:45 PM
    I made the switch from Z30 to Passport in October last year. There are less apps, plants vs zombies is not available for Passport. But there are still plenty of entertainment apps. I really don’t mind watching videos on the Passport. I find the screen is so much better than the Z30. Reading and composing email, BBM etc makes this machine second to none. Browsing is great too. No regrets at all.
    Oh no! no plants vs. zombies.....that sucks, love that game, hopefully they will bring it over to the PP
    02-22-15 07:57 PM
    It's worth it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:04 PM
    I went from the z30 at launch to the unlocked Passport at launch. Love the Passport. Yes the keyboard takes a few days to get used to but it is an awesome phone and looks and feels classy compared to the same old iPhone style. Premium phone at its best.

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 08:25 PM
    OP, first and foremost the build quality is not poor. It's actually quite the opposite. I switched from the Z30 to the Passport in November and never looked back. My experience has been of gradual increasing appreciation, where you see the value of the Passport's features expand more so as you become accustomed to the device.

Size does matter in this case. A bit wider but shorter as well to make is easily fit in most pockets. You would think the screen's 1x1 dimensions is odd at first, but for me, works even better for emails, websites, documents and the odd spreadsheet. Video viewing works, so long as you're ok with smaller viewing area compared to landscape mode on the Z30. I'm not a huge video content guy, but does well when I need to watch something while travelling.

Speed. Hands down the Passport will spoil you. Much faster than the Z30. I had to switch back to the Z30 for travel one time, and the difference was real noticeable for me.

The battery life is already great for Z30. But Passport is even better.

I'm not a gamer so can't help you there. Good luck on what you decide. Either way, you can't lose.
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 10:52 PM
    I went from a LE z10 to a z30 (cause my LE z10 went into water accidentally), and now from a z30 to a Passport. The Passport is just a freaking beast. The Z30 is great, but spec's wise, the Passport is just miles ahead. Everything is so much faster and snappier on the Passport. The only issue is whether you can move from a virtual keyboard to a physical kb. The passport is my first personal phone with a physical kb, and while I like the ease of typing with a virtual keyboard, there are many benefits to a physical keyboard (like the keyboard shortcuts, ability to type without looking at the kb, etc.). I have zero regrets moving to the Passport (although it will take you a little bit of time to get used to the size).

On the build quality, there are some issues about screen lifting, but other than that, I think the passport feels more premium that the Z30 (which is pretty nice itself).
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 11:14 PM
    Make that move!! Definitely a upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 09:49 AM
    I have (had) a Q10 and my wife has a Z30. I was seriously thinking of picking up a Z30 to compliment the Q10, but when they had the
    Valentine's sale last week, I jumped all over a Red Passport. OMG, what a beast. The specs and the speed are amazing. I am a keyboard person and absolutely love this keyboard over the Q10. I am now glad that I didn't go ahead and buy a Z30. I also bought a BB black hard case for the Red PP. I really like the look of this hard case on the Passport.
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 01:21 PM
    I had (still have) a Z30.. awesome phone, no regrets... however, even with the phenomenal virtual kb, I was missing my physical kb... so, without even trying it before, I got a Passport about 4-5 months ago... and I am totally happy with this phone... you must be aware of the need of two hands, but the Z30 is also a big phone so that shouldn't be a problem in your decision... the only area where maybe I can see the Z30 a better choice would be watching a video, due to the two black bars top and bottom for the 1:1 format of the Passport... I don't mind them personally but I can see that if you watch a lot of videos in your phone maybe could be something to think about... and, as someone else mentioned, the speakers seem to be richer on the Z30... but typing to me it�s way better on the Passport, I can write long emails with very very very few errors, if any... I hated when I sent an important message or email (and any message in that regard) and then I saw a mistake in spelling after the message was sent... there are other reasons to go one way or the other, but the typing experience, being great on the Z30, it's awesome in the Passport... you type slower, that's for sure, but way more accurate...

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 01:44 PM
    Add me to the "I did and I love it!" brigade.. and the GF will soon be upgrading from a 10 to a 30(see what I did there lol)

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 02:12 PM
    I been on the Passport for about a month now after using the Z30 for a year. The Z30 is now my backup phone. Love the Passport!

BBM Channel:C0001F285 | www.djbrians.com
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 02:13 PM
    I have (had) a Q10 and my wife has a Z30. I was seriously thinking of picking up a Z30 to compliment the Q10, but when they had the
    Valentine's sale last week, I jumped all over a Red Passport. OMG, what a beast. The specs and the speed are amazing. I am a keyboard person and absolutely love this keyboard over the Q10. I am now glad that I didn't go ahead and buy a Z30. I also bought a BB black hard case for the Red PP. I really like the look of this hard case on the Passport.
    The hardcase from BlackBerry does scratch the paint of the metal though, atleast it does with mine. Starting to hate it for that reason, cause I can't stand imperfection on my phones..

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 02:54 PM
    Use to be a Passport owner but just found it to be a bit bulky, although I had quite a few compliments I decided to trade it, got back a Classic and a Q10 for it . But just can't put this Z30 down for any other device, I've tried!

On my reliable Z30 leaked 10.3.1.1581
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 03:05 PM
    Sold all my other BlackBerry devices except a broken BlackBerry 9000 and my Passport.

The Passport is not perfect, but it's the best BlackBerry ever produced so far, Z30 being the second best.

Looking forward to the Z50 that may never come.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 04:38 PM
    I too went from a z30 to a passport...another amazing phone...make the jump!

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 04:40 PM
    Wow thanks guys for all the feedback. I went into a Telus store today just because I was walking by to get a chance to play with a live demo. I've got to say Wow. It really is different in person, what a sweet device. I love the form factor but I can definitely see that there will be a bit of a learning curve with the device. I only got to spend about 2 minutes touching the device.

After that I decided to watch some reviews on the device. I am actually disappointed with the mobile tech community as many people gave negative reviews on the device mostly about the keyboard being difficult to use. Anyways it was easy for me to see that many of these complaints probably stem from users not really being able to adapt to the unique form factor of the device.

I am almost convinced in buying one. The more I read all your feedback the more I am convinced it's the right device for me. But we will see, I'll do as others have said buy one with the option of returning.

I am also now considering the classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:58 PM
    Hi Plummer,

I went from Z10 > Z30 then got a Passport, got it from Amazon, used it for almost a week and returned it. It was just too big for me, I'm an average size guy 5'10" tall with, i like to think, normal size hands and though you do get used to it, it just didn't sit right with me.

I will confess upfront I am an OLED guy, just prefer them, and good though the Passport screen is I preferred the Z30 (resolution aside). Add to that the I really like the predictive word selection on the Z30's virtual keyboard and type faster on the Z30 than on the Passport and I found the selection of predicted words very hit or miss on the Passport with the swipe up, that and you only get 3 word options ala Android's Swift Key ( I know some ppl may say you don't need no predictive text but I do and i like it )

I also preferred the feel of the Z30 in my hand.

I like keyboard phones, hell I had 3 different version of the iconic Palm Pre, and a work BlackBerry at one point.

The build quality was fine on my Passport with none of the issues reported.

Get it from somewhere you can return it, the longer the better, and try it out , I think you are in the same situation as I was, hmmm new shiny shiny, and very desirable phone, but as much as I wanted to really like it, I didn't gel enough to justify the outlay on it.

Barry
    Palm Pre was a major POS. Iconic? Yeah right

Posted via CB10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 11:23 PM
    From Z30 to Passport here..

And now when I'm holding a Z30, it felt awkward. The slim factor makes me thought, 'how could I get used to that?'.

And with Passport, it just felt BlackBerry again.
    And loving the attention it garner too..

Posted via my SEXY RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-23-15 11:38 PM
    Palm Pre was a major POS. Iconic? Yeah right

Posted via CB10
    I should perhaps have been more specific, the OS on the device, but thanks for your perspective.
    02-25-15 07:47 AM
    I should perhaps have been more specific, the OS on the device, but thanks for your perspective.
    Id have to agree the Palm-Pre was iconic for the time, although the device was a total flop, if my memory serves me correct. There was so much hype around it, I know Bell in Canada supported and pushed the device tremendously
    02-25-15 08:38 AM
    Yeah the hardware left a lot to be desired on the Original Pre and Pre+, but the design was definitely unique and they corrected the build quality issues with the Pre 2 and Pre 3, but by that time HP got its dirty paws on Palm and destroyed it

Having said that the original Pre and following Pre's over clocked like a champ using custom Unix Kernels such was the flexibility of webOS, so far ahead of its time.

Back on topic, let me know what you decide Plummer, but be sure to get it from some place you can return the Passport if you plan to buy it outright.

Whatever your decision the main thing is you have to be happy

Barry
    02-25-15 10:36 AM
53 123