So. I have had a Blackberry Z30 for about a month now, so far loving it. Best device i have ever owned both in the Blackberry category and all around best device ive ever had.

But lately the Blackberry Passport has really caught my eye. The touch keyboard and overall form factor makes for an attractive device in my opinion. That being said, i have watched and read a number of reviews on the passport both on CB and elsewhere that yield mixed results. I am wondering if anyone out there switched from the Z30 to the Passport and what their feedback is. Or any and all Passport owners what is your general feedback on the device?

I use my phone both for business and pleasure, I do play the occasional game or watch the occasional youtube video. If i am playing a game its a quick round of Plants Vs. Zombies or maybe some GTA 3 while i am killing time. I wouldn't break my heart if i couldn't play games on the device but it is something i do occasionally. Mostly i handle a ton of email for work and often have to edit documents or respond to customer while on the go. I also use the Maps quiet abit and the web browser....and the CB app of course.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts Z30 to Passport worth the switch? Or were people who did that happier with the Z30?

Ps. On a final note. The only negative feedback i have actually heard from an owner of a Passport in person, is that the build quality was poor. He claimed his backing flaked away and broke rather quickly. Anyone else experience this?
    02-22-15 02:10 PM
    Yes i went from a Z30 to the Passport, it will take about three days to get use to it, then you will never go back, this phone is a beast, battery, power, fast,
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 02:13 PM
    Yes i went from a Z30 to the Passport, it will take about three days to get use to it, then you will never go back, this phone is a beast, battery, power, fast,
    Thanks WITHDRAWL how are you finding the build quality of the device. I have never had the chance to hold one in person, but the Z30 just feels rock solid in the hand. Do you get the same quality feel from the Passport?
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    02-22-15 02:16 PM
    I went from 30 to Passport as well. No regrets!
    I LOVE the PP.
    I must admit tho, when I pick up the 30 to play with it, it does feel good. The touch keyboard is nice...
    But if I had to pick one, I would take the Passport all the way!

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 02:17 PM
    The Passport is built like a tank, a tad heavy but to me its weighted perfect. pretty solid in your hand.
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. What are the big features over the Z30 that the Passport has for you?
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    02-22-15 02:38 PM
    I find the screen as everything just fits, no scrolling to read emails, spreadsheets look great, and the touch sensitive keyboard is amazing.
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 02:46 PM
    I did the same thing, but I was also using the Q10 with the Z30.

But basically, you will probably really like it. The flicking of words that I did on the Z30 is something I do all the time on my Passport. Everything is better on the Passport. The battery, the screen. The one thing I would say the Z30 has that is better are the speakers.. They sound fuller on the Z30, with a richer sound.
    Last edited by SK122387; 02-22-15 at 03:05 PM.
    That's sweet. The more i think about it the more i think this device is for me. Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else have any feedback?
    I did the and thing, but I was also using the Q10 with the Z30.

But basically, you will probably really like it. The flicking of words that I did on the Z30 is something I do all the time on my Passport. Everything is better on the Passport. The battery, the screen. The one thing I would say the Z30 has that is better are the speakers.. They sound fuller on the Z30, with a richer sound.
    Ah the speakers , yes that is a good point. The Z30 speakers are awesome. How does the passport speakers compare? Is it a drastic difference?
    02-22-15 02:48 PM
    Ah the speakers , yes that is a good point. The Z30 speakers are awesome. How does the passport speakers compare? Is it a drastic difference?
    Not too different, the Passport seems louder, but the Z30 has a fuller sound. I don't listen to music very often through the speakers (or even through earphones) on my phones, so it's not a big deal to me. For the speakers in terms of speakerphone when on the phone, the Passport is great, and you can't tell any difference between it and the Z30. The pros of the Passport definitely outweigh this one little con to me.
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the feedback SK122387 i see in your picture you have the Red one. Now deciding on color is something else ill have to do.The red is attractive but i also like the classyness of the black
    02-22-15 02:59 PM
    Thanks for the feedback SK122387 i see in your picture you have the Red one. Now deciding on color is something else ill have to do.The red is attractive but i also like the classyness of the black
    I got the black one back in September since it was the only option and is always my favorite color for phones. But then the red one came along and I had to have it. So now I have both, and just put my sim in whichever, and use a sim adapter in order to use my Z30, which I do still like a lot.

You really can't got wrong with any of the colors. I'm glad I got the red because it stands out, but even the black Passport stands out on its own, especially where I live (LA) because like no one has a BlackBerry anymore haha
    02-22-15 03:03 PM
    Hi Plummer,

I went from Z10 > Z30 then got a Passport, got it from Amazon, used it for almost a week and returned it. It was just too big for me, I'm an average size guy 5'10" tall with, i like to think, normal size hands and though you do get used to it, it just didn't sit right with me.

I will confess upfront I am an OLED guy, just prefer them, and good though the Passport screen is I preferred the Z30 (resolution aside). Add to that the I really like the predictive word selection on the Z30's virtual keyboard and type faster on the Z30 than on the Passport and I found the selection of predicted words very hit or miss on the Passport with the swipe up, that and you only get 3 word options ala Android's Swift Key ( I know some ppl may say you don't need no predictive text but I do and i like it )

I also preferred the feel of the Z30 in my hand.

I like keyboard phones, hell I had 3 different version of the iconic Palm Pre, and a work BlackBerry at one point.

The build quality was fine on my Passport with none of the issues reported.

Get it from somewhere you can return it, the longer the better, and try it out , I think you are in the same situation as I was, hmmm new shiny shiny, and very desirable phone, but as much as I wanted to really like it, I didn't gel enough to justify the outlay on it.

Barry
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 03:14 PM
    I tried Passport for a month twice, then I gave them back.
    To me Z30 is just perfect, I use it with a hand, I love vkb and flicks, the device is as fast as you need. No need for two hands, just not as beautiful as the passport tho...
    02-22-15 03:35 PM
    Do it! You will not be disappointed. Don't think about it, just get it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:46 PM
    I had a Z30 and it is still one of my very favourite devices. I enjoy the Passport for a lot of reasons including, obviously, the keyboard but the Z30 is still a gorgeous phone. They are very different beasts.

The Z30 is 'better' for watching videos., sideways in landscape mode. The Passport is better at almost everything else.

I went with the Passport because it's so different and for that keyboard. I used my Z30 to convert an iPhone user
    02-22-15 04:03 PM
    I went from Z30 to passport and back to Z30. I really didn't see no difference in speed. Battery life of passport is great. The camera could use improvement. Anyway I didn't like the built quality of the device so I sold it and went back to my Z30. Will wait for Foxconn to release a future blackberry built device.
    02-22-15 04:03 PM
    I went from Z30 to passport and back to Z30. I really didn't see no difference in speed. Battery life of passport is great. The camera could use improvement. Anyway I didn't like the built quality of the device so I sold it and went back to my Z30. Will wait for Foxconn to release a future blackberry built device.
    Build quality?? The Passport is the best feeling phone I have ever felt.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    02-22-15 04:09 PM
    I got the black one back in September since it was the only option and is always my favorite color for phones. But then the red one came along and I had to have it. So now I have both, and just put my sim in whichever, and use a sim adapter in order to use my Z30, which I do still like a lot.

You really can't got wrong with any of the colors. I'm glad I got the red because it stands out, but even the black Passport stands out on its own, especially where I live (LA) because like no one has a BlackBerry anymore haha
    Haha right on, going with the flashy I like that. I've considered buying a color other then just white or black. Almost picked up a red Q5. I'll have to check out the red passport

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:09 PM
    That's sweet. The more i think about it the more i think this device is for me. Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else have any feedback?
    I love my Passport. The only problem I have with it is I find it awkward in the hand at times. It's really a two handed phone for me. I have it and also my LG G2. I usually have both phones with me. If I am at work and doing productivity I will tend to grab the Passport for emails etc. But if I am at home lounging around I tend to grab the G2 just because I tend to want to use it one handed. Reading. Cup of coffee in the other hand etc.

Or if I am out and about I tend to pull out the G2 to check weather etc. One handed use case.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 04:14 PM
    I went from the Z30 to the Passport back in Oct of last year. Love the screen quality over the Z30. The keyboard is something to get use to and I really do not feel that I am as fast on it. However I find my accuracy is better.

I only use the Z30 to test leaks these days...not regretting the move at all.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 04:16 PM
    Give passport a week and come back to Z30.

And you will be laughing. Z30 will look small and won't go back to Z30.

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    Last edited by yasikhi; 02-22-15 at 04:38 PM.
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-22-15 04:17 PM
    That's your opinion.(clap,clap,clap).
    02-22-15 04:17 PM
    Hi Plummer,

I went from Z10 > Z30 then got a Passport, got it from Amazon, used it for almost a week and returned it. It was just too big for me, I'm an average size guy 5'10" tall with, i like to think, normal size hands and though you do get used to it, it just didn't sit right with me.

I will confess upfront I am an OLED guy, just prefer them, and good though the Passport screen is I preferred the Z30 (resolution aside). Add to that the I really like the predictive word selection on the Z30's virtual keyboard and type faster on the Z30 than on the Passport and I found the selection of predicted words very hit or miss on the Passport with the swipe up, that and you only get 3 word options ala Android's Swift Key ( I know some ppl may say you don't need no predictive text but I do and i like it )

I also preferred the feel of the Z30 in my hand.

I like keyboard phones, hell I had 3 different version of the iconic Palm Pre, and a work BlackBerry at one point.

The build quality was fine on my Passport with none of the issues reported.

Get it from somewhere you can return it, the longer the better, and try it out , I think you are in the same situation as I was, hmmm new shiny shiny, and very desirable phone, but as much as I wanted to really like it, I didn't gel enough to justify the outlay on it.

Barry
    Thanks for the feedback! You make some good points one I am concerned about is the width of the phone. I have small to average sized hands, so I am concerned it may feel awkward to use, may or may not be able to get used to it. I like the idea of getting it from somewhere I can return it. that didn't occur to me. I've never returned anything in my life, but I certainly wouldn't want to shell out all that hard earned cash for a device I didn't like. I will certainly take that route.

Predictive text, I agree it's something I like and need... bottom line is I think your right I'd like to get one from someplace I might be able to return it to, give a test drive for a weeks. See how much I like it

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:21 PM
53 123