I have/had a Samsung Active s6. It was great until I shattered the screen and LCD...for the second time. I've been using a cheap Samsung Galaxy Express 3 for a few months. It was $40 brand new, but it has 8GB of internal storage with no option to move applications over to an SD card, so after one or two pictures, the memory is full. I was considering a Passport since you can get them relatively cheap on eBay, and I've read where you can sideload (am I saying that right?) Android apps and they're pretty fluid on the phone. The only apps I use on a regular basis are Instagram, Myfitnesspal, and Spotify. I have a premium account to that, and I like to download the albums to my device so I can listen to them offline. If I'm not able to do that with a Passport, it's a no-go for me. Does anyone use any of those 3 apps that I listed? If so, how do they run? I know there's an Instagram app for Blackberry that's got all the features except the stories, which I could use if I didn't/couldn't do the Android version.

If there are already countless threads like this, then I apologize.
    06-02-17 01:42 PM
    I have/had a Samsung Active s6. It was great until I shattered the screen and LCD...for the second time. I've been using a cheap Samsung Galaxy Express 3 for a few months. It was $40 brand new, but it has 8GB of internal storage with no option to move applications over to an SD card, so after one or two pictures, the memory is full. I was considering a Passport since you can get them relatively cheap on eBay, and I've read where you can sideload (am I saying that right?) Android apps and they're pretty fluid on the phone. The only apps I use on a regular basis are Instagram, Myfitnesspal, and Spotify. I have a premium account to that, and I like to download the albums to my device so I can listen to them offline. If I'm not able to do that with a Passport, it's a no-go for me. Does anyone use any of those 3 apps that I listed? If so, how do they run? I know there's an Instagram app for Blackberry that's got all the features except the stories, which I could use if I didn't/couldn't do the Android version.

If there are already countless threads like this, then I apologize.
    All 3 of those apps work with no issues at all. And for instagram there are a couple of good native ones like igran but you can also download the actual android apk too which works even better than the native ones in my experience. All of them run very smooth on the Passport.
    Aboody Zomar likes this.
    06-02-17 01:52 PM
    I use the android version of Instagram, an older version, right before they changed the icon, works great, I'll test the other apps for you, but as far as getting a Passport, if you use your phone for calls emails and texting, it's still a great device, I have a s7 edge just sitting in the box still brand new.
    The blackberry is pretty good at downloading things within an adroid app like it's native, I have a hacked Pandora apk that let's me download songs every time I press like
    06-02-17 01:56 PM
    I appreciate the feedback, y'all. That helped a lot.
    06-02-17 02:43 PM
    If those 3 apps fill your needs then the passport should work for you.
    Just remember that you are jumping to a mobile os that is (almost) completely abandoned.
    06-02-17 02:59 PM
    And even if those apps are working right now there is a possibility that you will get stuck with the version of the app. For example, my Viber app is working, but I am stuck with with an old version. Any attempts to upgrade it will break it.

But I do love my Passport and it's still my daily driver and I do have tons of Android apps and most of them aren't patched.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 06:29 PM
    MyFitnessPal works for me on the Passport but not as smoothly as it did on my HTC One. It crashes a lot and is sometimes slow to load your scanned foods but it gets the job done...you just need a little more patience and should expect to spend a couple more minutes loading each meal or exercise

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 12:24 AM
    Do it. Their cheap. No regrets.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 03:42 AM
    I don't know about the other apps but newer versions of Instagram don't work correctly, you have to use older 9.x versions of the app so you'll be missing out on some of the newer features.

I'm not sure what your budget is but have you considered the Priv or Keyone?
    06-03-17 09:32 AM
    Or there are two BB10 apps that can work for instagram. There is Insta10 and iGrann Pro. They work pretty well.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 09:43 AM
    Get one! Excellent mobile device.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    06-03-17 10:43 AM
    I would love a Keyone, but I can't pay outright for it right now, I need something below $200, or something I can make payments on through a carrier or Best Buy,
    06-03-17 01:13 PM
    Go a head for ßlackßerry passport, you will find it such a great device that can do everything expected.

Just put on mins that whatsapp isn't going to be supported on the end of this month, and most of ßlackßerry world apps won't be supported.

Of course there are some great guys working on native apps and they are doing well so far. But if you could afford a ßlackßerry android device it would be greater (such as : ßlackßerry priv and the new ßlackßerry KEYone which is a great android phone) because all of the apps and supports.

I have the great ßlackßerry passport SE and not willing to give up on it till the very last moment, and I have the LG G5 as android device which can't compare it to ßlackßerry devices (now I'm waiting till the next month so I can buy the ßlackßerry KEYone)

From my silver edition  BlackBerry® Passport
    06-03-17 02:15 PM
    Do it. Their cheap. No regrets.

Posted via CB10
    They're
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-03-17 09:26 PM
    Anyone has a good website for apk files for the passport? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 06:23 AM
    Anyone has a good website for apk files for the passport? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Well, apk files will work on any BB10 phone (10.2.1 or higher) not just the Passport but this one is probably the best:

http://www.apkmirror.com/

Keep in mind that once you download a particular version of an app you will not get notified when a newer version is avaiable (like you do from a native app store). So unless you want an older version, download the latest from apkmirror and check back occasionally for newer versions. Delete the old version first before you install the newer version.

Also not all apk files (apps) work or work well. You may spend a few minutes downloading and installing an app only to find it doesn't open. That's normal, or at least not uncommon. Or, it may open, work but crash or give you a black screen for a minute. It's up to you at that point if you want to keep using it. Some will dr!ain your battery like crazy and some work beautifully - Whatsapp v2.17 works great for me. It's as fast as a native app, while Bundesliga installs yet won't open. You may find that an older version of an app works but the latest doesn't.

Anyway, welcome to the crazy world of Android on BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jefbeard911; 06-04-17 at 06:52 AM.
    06-04-17 06:38 AM
    Great thanks man

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    06-04-17 06:41 AM
    My Passport SE is my office.

Posted via CB10
    BB_PP likes this.
    06-04-17 12:48 PM
    Spent the extra $$ and get the PP SE. Just remember that you are buying yesterday's technology with a company that seems to be moving away from supporting BB10. You may a EOL device in a year or so.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 08:33 PM
    The Passport is a great phone. Buy knowing what you are getting into though. BB10 is for all intents and purposes, done. There will most likely not be any more significant updates to the phone. I suggest you take one for a spin if you can before buying it or at the very least make sure you have the option to return it if you don't like it after a couple of days.

The Passport and BB10 as a whole are productivity beasts.
    06-04-17 09:06 PM
    [QUOTE=y2vvill888;12905607]Anyone has a good website for apk files

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    06-04-17 10:23 PM
    [QUOTE=Henry Rietveld;12906747]
    Anyone has a good website for apk files

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    http://www.apkmirror.com/

Via the Cobalt Classic
    06-05-17 12:54 AM