I own a PRIV and a Passport OG. I love the Priv for app integration and manageable size but the Passport still wins my attention for the solid build, efficient OS, and large keyboard. I want an SE but not sure if it is worth the upgrade as BB10 is slowing down.

Posted using Blackberry Passport
    08-13-16 02:34 PM
    Think it comes down to whether you can live with it as an email and phone device with the some apps. The SE is a beautiful phone, the screen doesn't lift, and the keyboard is improved upon the OG.
    08-13-16 03:09 PM
    For those a bit touchy with the OG or original passport design's corners, one of those cases helps a ton. But yeah, an android device supplements the applications which don't quite run well in the runtime on bb10/qnx, ie. requiring play services.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:40 PM
    For those a bit touchy with the OG or original passport design's corners, one of those cases helps a ton.

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

Which case are you referring to?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 12:23 PM
    Hi,Which case are you referring to? Thanks. Posted via CB10
    Any hard or soft silicone, or seidio or otterbox cases. Sure it adds thickness, but damn, it sure protects and improves egrnomics
    08-14-16 12:44 PM
    Not worth it... the durability of the SE went down (thinner, softer plastic).
    Unless you just want to get it for the sake of collecting different colors of the same phone.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    08-14-16 04:42 PM
    Yup! the SE is a great improvement over the OG. Besides the superior ergonomics and typing experience, I noticed a more consistent battery life with the SE. My OG used to clock a day and half maybe 3-4 times a month but now I'm frequently getting almost 2 full days with the SE...this being the best I got off a full charge + mixed usage.

Thinking about switching Passport OG to SE - thoughts? Worth it?-img_20160811_214408.png

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 05:21 PM
    Hi,

Which case are you referring to?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I'm not the poster but I can tell you that the Amzer Pudding Soft Gel black case is awesome. Very inexpensive and has a nice feel and also has excellent volume up and down rocker covers. The case is extremely easy to remove and put on and doesn't add too much bulk. I highly recommend it.
    double_fault likes this.
    08-14-16 05:28 PM
    I went from OR to ATT. The ergonomics are much better. I can't speak to keyboard as it feels same on ATT version.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 07:07 PM
    You will not regret it!

Thinking about switching Passport OG to SE - thoughts? Worth it?-bb-passport.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 12:16 PM
    The better battery would most likely have to do with the better antenna coverage in the se.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    08-18-16 02:25 PM
    Image up above... 1% battery life remaining - 2 hours. Thinking about switching Passport OG to SE - thoughts? Worth it?-bow.gif

SE is such a nice looking design... I've got the Red OG and it's all sleek and cool, but the SE out-goodlooks the OG in my opinion.

For some it aint a BlackBerry if it aint black, and I can't argue with that sentiment, but the SE is something else...
    08-18-16 03:23 PM
    My only concern with upgrading from the OG to SE is that the SAR values are a lot higher for the SE. I've got a young kid in the house and am concerned about such things.
    08-18-16 06:32 PM
    Image up above... 1% battery life remaining - 2 hours. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bow.gif 
Views:	659 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	406763

SE is such a nice looking design... I've got the Red OG and it's all sleek and cool, but the SE out-goodlooks the OG in my opinion.

For some it aint a BlackBerry if it aint black, and I can't argue with that sentiment, but the SE is something else...
    I tend to agree. It looks terrific
    08-18-16 07:08 PM
    Absolutely worth it! It's like the premium version of the Passport

Posted via Passport SE
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    08-18-16 07:21 PM
    Everything under the casing is completely identical between the Silver Edition and the original, mind you. You're paying for the outside.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    08-18-16 07:26 PM
    Everything under the casing is completely identical between the Silver Edition and the original, mind you. You're paying for the outside.
    But the difference in price is worth it, in my humble opinion.
    08-19-16 04:51 AM
    Yup! the SE is a great improvement over the OG. Besides the superior ergonomics and typing experience, I noticed a more consistent battery life with the SE. My OG used to clock a day and half maybe 3-4 times a month but now I'm frequently getting almost 2 full days with the SE...this being the best I got off a full charge + mixed usage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160811_214408.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	406427

Posted via CB10
    I switched from a og red to a se and I noticed a few more hours a day on the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 10:38 AM
    I switched from a og red to a se and I noticed a few more hours a day on the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    I've had an OR and ATT, and I don't think all batteries are created equal. My first one was not good on day 1 and eventually couldn't last half a day. It forced me to buy a new one. You might have experienced same thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 12:49 PM
    I've had an OR and ATT, and I don't think all batteries are created equal. My first one was not good on day 1 and eventually couldn't last half a day. It forced me to buy a new one. You might have experienced same thing.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, sometimes the same phone as a very different battery life. I empirically noticed that as well
    08-19-16 12:51 PM