08-05-15 12:53 PM
46 12
tools
    That's exactly how I view my Passport. "As a mini computer" loved the Z30 but it mostly stays in the drawer now.
    The Dallas (Silver Passport) looks premium. I do think there is a market for an upgraded Q10. Something that has more in common with the Passport than the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 10:48 AM
    I tried out the Blue Classic but the screen is just too small for me personally. Love the Passport and think I will get the Silver Edition when it comes out.

Posted by a BlackBerry Passport
    08-02-15 10:52 AM
    You'd get the sweet, native Bloomberg app if you went to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-02-15 11:22 AM
    I gonna watch some reviews on YouTube, how the cellphone handles all the messaging apps etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:12 PM
    They're both good devices, but the classic would be a downgrade. Sure it's more pocketable, but your getting basically the same specs from the z10/q10 with the addition of a toolbelt and a larger display. I guess it really comes down to if you just really want the smaller phone and the tradeoffs that come with it.
    08-02-15 04:32 PM
    I have conducted tons of field testing using Classic and Passport as daily driver. I use both throughout the day.

For giggles I recently switched it up for the 3rd time, moving Passport in as daily driver and Classic as personal, and I can say that this time was the hardest switch ever. I'd had Classic in the daily role for almost 2 months, and recently got the Blue Classic, which was the reason behind the arbitrary change.

Passport is too bulky, awkward as a phone, you can't one-hand type without The Fear(tm) that you'll drop it, and draws eyes every time you touch it during a meeting.

The Classic fits just right, and people don't notice you using it unless you want them to. As to battery power, I get through every day on my Classic as daily driver, so 6am until 11pm, with moderate use, which is in my opinion up to 15 minutes per hour of usage.

I've posted these before, but they are indicative of the challenge of the Passport form factor.
    Thinking about switching to a Classic-img_20150405_145958.jpg
    Thinking about switching to a Classic-img_20150401_094856.jpg
    08-02-15 09:09 PM
    Platter de Classique

(actually that's my samsung tablet)

Thinking about switching to a Classic-img_20150728_182547.jpg
    08-02-15 09:19 PM
    I did the switch from Passport to Classic. It was short-lived. I missed the Passport SO much. I love the build and specs of the Passport and found that, although the Classic is an amazing phone, it's no match for the Passport.

Having said that, many people do make the switch and never look back!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:24 PM
    I have conducted tons of field testing using Classic and Passport as daily driver. I use both throughout the day.
    How have you found the process of removing your Sim card back and forth? Is the effort trivial or a bit of a pain? Curious to see how your passport rear cover is fairing.

I agree with everyone here about the pocket issues of the passport. Carrying both together seems a bit crazy (Sim in the classic), passport with its own data Sim. If swapping Sims was easy I'd do it daily but prying off that back cover on the passport makes me wince everytime.

 Passport via CB10
    08-03-15 07:57 PM
    How have you found the process of removing your Sim card back and forth? Is the effort trivial or a bit of a pain? Curious to see how your passport rear cover is fairing.

I agree with everyone here about the pocket issues of the passport. Carrying both together seems a bit crazy (Sim in the classic), passport with its own data Sim. If swapping Sims was easy I'd do it daily but prying off that back cover on the passport makes me wince everytime.

 Passport via CB10
    It's not a big deal. I don't change roles for the units that much anymore, so Passport stays as personal and Classic is for work. I move back and forth and use both all day long. Just this past week I tried the Passport for a week as the work phone, and I hated it.

Hard to say why other than work communications ought to be... more compact.
    08-03-15 09:55 PM
    It's not a big deal. I don't change roles for the units that much anymore, so Passport stays as personal and Classic is for work. I move back and forth and use both all day long. Just this past week I tried the Passport for a week as the work phone, and I hated it.

Hard to say why other than work communications ought to be... more compact.
    Thanks mate. Just after I posted the last message here I dropped my passport for the first time. Whilst trying to get it out of my overcoat pocket, I lost grip and away she went. Pinching the passport (versus a full grip ) is the only way I can get the thing out of my jacket.

Hmmm. The passport has increased my usage thanks to its size and now is telling me to buy a blue classic as it's constant companion when in between chair and the street. Irrational that I'm considering this a good thing. Damn the Passport goodness

 Passport via CB10
    08-04-15 02:29 AM
    I really like the feel of the blue Classic. It's very different than my black Classic that it replaced.

I have the AT&T Passport and keep it in the laptop pouch, or in the car door - unusual places. Easy to grasp places.

The other thing, and I was joking with another prior Passport owner about it, is it draws too much attention. Fish out your Passport during a meeting and everyone starts looking at you. The Classic is more... nuanced.
    08-04-15 10:49 AM
    Just get both already!
    08-04-15 05:50 PM
    Give it a try, you will never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-04-15 06:16 PM
    Don't do it! I sold my PP because of the size as well and went to a Q10 but I miss the PP like he'll. The keyboard is just unbeatable with the swipe up to get suggested words and the scrolling.

The hardware is also noticeably slower on the Q10 and Classic when you first switch from the PP. I'm actually keeping an eye out for a cheap white PP or may wait until the prices for them drop because while the smaller size is nice, the trade is not worth it.

Also the camera is much better on the PP vs the Classic when I compared them side by side at the ATT store.

Just my two cents though.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 06:55 PM
    Had passport since launch, but decided to try classic and see how the trackpad is, whether it was as great as I remember.

Lasted about a week. It's just too small and trackpad was irrelevant with touch screen and touch keyboard of passport.

Posted with Passport
    08-04-15 11:38 PM
    i am thinking about switching back to blackberry classic/pp from android but i totally sold to Blackberry pp's screen resolution and its keyboard.

for me its going to be Blackberry PP hahaha good luck to you!
    08-04-15 11:51 PM
    It seems like whichever you start with, you tend to want to stick with.
    I use both every day.
    08-05-15 01:54 AM
    I was looking at the Classic at the Verizon store. My main lines are all on VZW. I have this unlocked Passport on TMO. So being able to work on VZW would save some $$$. But it just seemed too tiny when I was testing it out. Couldn't do it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-05-15 02:08 AM
    Classic as the work daily driver does email, texting, phone calls, limited browsing, some evernote, some camera, occasional check bank balances through apps, occasional shazam, worky type stuff. The size never really matters to me for sending an sms... the ability to do it one-handed ouweights the extra size for those functions.

Passport as personal does email, texting, evernote, more camera, web browsing, games, music, non-work stuff. The size and speed are nice pluses, and although I miss the one-hand, it's not as necessary.
    08-05-15 12:09 PM
    I've gone back and forth and I prefer the Classic as my daily driver. It is easier to use one handed, I can easily fit it in my front shirt pocket, and I prefer the keyboard and tool belt much more than the Passport keyboard. I do like the Passport's increased resolution and faster speed but I still prefer the Classic at the end of the day. Anything that requires a larger screen I prefer to do on a tablet/PC.
    08-05-15 12:53 PM
46 12