Love the Passport SE although there is nothing new under the hood the cosmetic changes I think were a good move. I know BB is not investing in new drivers with Qualcomm so there was never going to be any updated internals but rounded corners and silver color seems a little anti-climatic. "SE" is a little ambiguous and may officially be "Silver Edition" but conveniently also worked with "Second Edition". So it would have been nice to see some extra options added to the unit on top of their cosmetic changes to better suit a second release of the unit.

Here are realistic upgrades I wish they would have done to the SE for a better user experience:

1. USB-C over MicroUSB (they would have received lots of attention if they had done this)
    2. USB connector moved to the side (like the Q10) because although it's good for a dock charging position it's awkward to hold the Passport while plugged in.
    3. magnetic "pogo" port added to the bottom to maintain that nice dock charging port
    4. Wireless charging (which among the passport only the AT&T model is supported but it didn't make it to the SE for some reason)

Maybe they will hit the Passport TE (titanium/third edition). Anyone else missing some features outside of internals?
    05-29-16 02:55 AM
    And I wish it had android loaded.
    05-29-16 04:27 AM
    Rmote control for my TV and garage door :-). This beast is always in my hand why bother picking up another device.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 08:39 AM
    This is my first BB without a trackpad or trackball. It's a clumsy adjustment so far.. especially when I'm editing text and I need to get the cursor in the exact right spot. Outside of that, it's exactly what I wanted- a bigger Classic.
    05-29-16 10:32 AM
    Rmote control for my TV and garage door :-). This beast is always in my hand why bother picking up another device.

Posted via CB10
    I've got a remote app for my tv?

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    05-29-16 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Try tv sideview. Sony bought them years ago. I think the best TV channel app in the world. Awesome on a tablet.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    05-29-16 01:49 PM
    This is my first BB without a trackpad or trackball. It's a clumsy adjustment so far.. especially when I'm editing text and I need to get the cursor in the exact right spot. Outside of that, it's exactly what I wanted- a bigger Classic.
    When you are typing just double tap the keyboard and a cursor will appear on the screen. Then you can use the keyboard to move the cursor around. The cursor itself also has tabs to help you move it around the text area. Double tap the keyboard again to get rid of the cursor. It's a nice feature I'm using more and more.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 02:47 PM