You are living in Lala land lol. All what you mentioned works for me but sometimes with no reason it doesn't. And I am not the only person here that have these issues and whoever doesn't just simply doesn't use it.

Yesterday I rcvd a linkedin message and I instantly rcvd it to my BlackBerry but this morning I was expecting a message but didn't show up until I manually refreshed the Hub.

By the way I refreshed the OS twice and the result is the same. Maybe because it's a Rogers phone. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 12:03 PM
    I am currently traveling in Europe with a Passport and a Classic. I have to say I keep going to the Classic for every time I put the Passport in my pocket it open multiple apps...big issue. Do I need a case?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 02:44 PM
    Yeah that another big issue that's why I turned all those features off. Swipe to turn on, wake the devise when lift...etc. All those features are good if the device doesn't move.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 07:03 PM
    i'm sorry but that is certainly not been my experience. While I don't use linkedin I seamlessly have loaded and are using Starbucks and instagram. The passport screens superiority over iphone and LG G3 alone makes the passport the way to go.
    07-13-15 08:34 PM
    I hate it that my Passport or any BlackBerry 10 device simply can't make a latte macchiato. Therefore, BlackBerry sucks

CB10 - Passport
    m3ach and anon(4067838) like this.
    07-13-15 10:58 PM
    I hate it that my Passport or any BlackBerry 10 device simply can't make a latte macchiato. Therefore, BlackBerry sucks

CB10 - Passport
    Then you should get an iPhone or Android because you just know they both have an app for that and stop complaining here.......

Of course if BB10 had Google services then............?

LOL

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    07-14-15 04:43 AM
    Few things that is driving me crazy and I hope/wish that bb10 team address them.

1. LinkedIn notifications never rcv them on time and sometimes they are not even rcvd. I just sent a reply to one of the messages using the Hub and I just noticed that there is an x red icon placed beside my message (what the hell does that x red icon means).
    2. Android apps never plays nicely or never functions the way they should. I am not even talking about google services. Example: Starbucks
    3. Notifications in general are the best experience. Example: twitter native app doesn't even push notifications. So I had to grab 3rd party app twittly. While twittly is ok it still requires lots of improvement. And who knows if twitter chooses not to use 3rd party apps and it will shuut down.
    4. Instagram doesn't exist and a side load is required but again never works the way it should. Therefore another 3rd party app like inst10 is required.

My point is that the most popular apps don't work properly and that requires workarounds. I bought a BlackBerry to increase my productivity not just send emails and messages which is the only powerful feature the passport offer. I can keep going but honestly we are in 2015 were workarounds for main apps are not the way to go. I love my passport but soon I will have to look else where. What say you?

Posted via CB10
    My advise is sell your passport and buy an Android device.

The things on the passport I hate most are:
    1. The super sucks camera. Only can take still shots never can take something moving or quick shots/ snapshots.
    2. The 3 rows keyboard, especially when you want to input Chinese by stroke method and it only allow you to type on virtual keyboard row which is fxxking ridiculous. And end up you will find handwriting are much faster.
    3. The screen wake up time during phone call (when your ear/ face leave the screen) is very slow, it definitely takes more than 5 sec which is not acceptable. I have use many BB and BB10 devices and none of them like this.
    4. I also hate the coating of the back side of the case
    5. It is not very good device for one hand holding / operating and sometimes I can only have one hand free

That's why I downgrade back to Z30 now

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nick903; 07-14-15 at 09:08 AM.
    07-14-15 08:54 AM
    Well, the fact is some phones are great at some things and other phones are great at other things. That's why we do our homework and figure out which phone will work for what we want. No doubt apps can be an issue but the hardware is more of a need for me. I want high end hardware along with a great screen. Follow that with a great OS which I feel BB10 is. As for the apps, I knew about the shortcomings but love the OS enough to try it out. Yes, there are still some apps I can't get but what I did discover is that with BB10, making shortcuts from the browser is now very do-able. The browser is greatly improved to where the actual web sites look just about as good as using an actual app. THAT I can live with. My Passport gives me no hardware issues at all and only occasional app issues, usually the Amazon ones but not to the point where I want throw my phone at the wall (thank goodness). As one poster said, this phone is probably as close to perfect for me as I'm going to find. I will spend the rest of my days (like many of you) searching for that elusive "perfect" phone. Let the games begin.
    07-14-15 02:20 PM
    This one is the example photo of my great BlackBerry passport
    Things I hate about BlackBerry passport or bb10.-img_20150715_124252.jpg
    07-14-15 11:45 PM
    This one is the example photo of my great BlackBerry passport
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150715_124252.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	362541
    I wonder what you were doing while taking that photo. Shaky hands?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    moegh likes this.
    07-15-15 02:19 AM
    A few things. Side loading is no longer needed. I can find anything I need on Apptoid. Better yet, you can install 3 apk's and have the Google play store by Cobalt.

Starbucks works fine for me. I am using 3.1.1 that I grabbed from Apptoid. I did find some versions more buggy.

There are at least 2 solid alternatives to Instagram. It's not 100% as good as the real Instagram, but there are features that are better. And I do believe at least one of them has hub integration. It's similar to the Facebook App in a sense.

If that is not good enough and you prioritize access to those apps, leaving Android may not be for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 01:42 PM
    A few things. Side loading is no longer needed. I can find anything I need on Apptoid. Better yet, you can install 3 apk's and have the Google play store by Cobalt.

Starbucks works fine for me. I am using 3.1.1 that I grabbed from Apptoid. I did find some versions more buggy.

There are at least 2 solid alternatives to Instagram. It's not 100% as good as the real Instagram, but there are features that are better. And I do believe at least one of them has hub integration. It's similar to the Facebook App in a sense.

If that is not good enough and you prioritize access to those apps, leaving Android may not be for you.

Posted via CB10
    My main issue right now is twitter and linkedin. I have twittly but it is still have lots of issues. The hub integration usually don't work for those two apps. For linkedin I have to do a manual refresh everytime just to check if I have any new messages which is fine but we are 2015 and these small things should work.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 01:55 PM
    I wonder what you were doing while taking that photo. Shaky hands?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Nop. My BlackBerry passport camera has a defect! And kimstore cannot repair it!
    07-16-15 11:41 PM
    I don't hate anything on my Passport just frustrated on a small thing I can deal with. The fact that I can only group text 10 people at once. I never need to text more than 10 people at once until a certain time of year comes around, Fantasy Football. I'm in a couple 12 person leagues and we like to have our friendly banter (cough cough). Oh well life goes on. Good luck to all you fantasy leaguers.
    07-17-15 02:41 AM
    I don't hate anything on my Passport just frustrated on a small thing I can deal with. The fact that I can only group text 10 people at once. I never need to text more than 10 people at once until a certain time of year comes around, Fantasy Football. I'm in a couple 12 person leagues and we like to have our friendly banter (cough cough). Oh well life goes on. Good luck to all you fantasy leaguers.
    I hear you there. I have a Fantasy Football conversation set up in WhatsApp. I blows away SMS, and fantasy smack talk discussions provided by the Fantasy providers. It makes me wonder if I really need Facebook since I have most of my friends and family on WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 01:21 PM
    Another minor hate is the fact that in the contacts I cannot add a custom label. Any phone I owned since the days of 9900 I was able to add custom labels to the contact. One of the main useful custom label is location. I have contacts that have different phone numbers in different areas and the only way to distinguish between them is by add their location label.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 04:29 AM
    I don't see the attraction of buying a new generation 0S10 Blackberry if you use it for primarily social and recreational social media / Android app use for gaming and social media and watching movies etc. That is not this device is for. I think Blackberry did a great disservice marketing their Passport to cater to a broader appeal and yet also failing to highlight clearly how to syncronise Outlook calandar and Contacts (and failing to adapt their device to syncronise Notes too - all vital features for many business users - in favour of app-ealing more the Twitterati and Selfie junkie. I suppose they wanted to sell more of them, which makes sense - only it doesn't because it makes BB look like they are having a hard time positioning their devices appropriately and failing to make anyone 100 per cent happy with the end result (or at least causing a great deal of unnecessary frustration along the way).
    07-18-15 11:02 AM
    I don't see the attraction of buying a new generation 0S10 Blackberry if you use it for primarily social and recreational social media / Android app use for gaming and social media and watching movies etc. That is not this device is for. I think Blackberry did a great disservice marketing their Passport to cater to a broader appeal and yet also failing to highlight clearly how to syncronise Outlook calandar and Contacts (and failing to adapt their device to syncronise Notes too - all vital features for many business users - in favour of app-ealing more the Twitterati and Selfie junkie. I suppose they wanted to sell more of them, which makes sense - only it doesn't because it makes BB look like they are having a hard time positioning their devices appropriately and failing to make anyone 100 per cent happy with the end result (or at least causing a great deal of unnecessary frustration along the way).
    BlackBerry never marketed the Passport to have a broader appeal... don't know which ads you were watching but most if not all were very business oriented.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-18-15 11:37 AM
    Another minor hate is the fact that in the contacts I cannot add a custom label. Any phone I owned since the days of 9900 I was able to add custom labels to the contact. One of the main useful custom label is location. I have contacts that have different phone numbers in different areas and the only way to distinguish between them is by add their location label.

Posted via CB10
    You can add custom labels. Maybe not the way you want it but you can add multiple addresses. Just order them with your numbers.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-18-15 11:38 AM
    Hate is a pretty strong word. Why is it that people feel the need to share literally useless information?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:43 PM
    Hate is a pretty strong word. Why is it that people feel the need to share literally useless information?

Posted via CB10
    If it's useless for you then don't participate. You are being useless.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 07:26 PM
    That's why I changed to apple. I miss blackberry, but there's a lot of things I hate too. I converted 6 friend to Bb in 2010. Now they are all android or apple. Problem? Apps... Always the AppStore...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-18-15 07:34 PM
    That's why I changed to apple. I miss blackberry, but there's a lot of things I hate too. I converted 6 friend to Bb in 2010. Now they are all android or apple. Problem? Apps... Always the AppStore...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Adding to your comments there are no devs that want to develop for BlackBerry any more. The standard apps like twitter, linkedin...etc. work ya s**t

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 07:40 PM
    You're right it's ridiculous!!!!! I'll take that stupid phone off your hands for $37. I'll even pay shipping. Private msg me.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 08:45 PM
    You're right it's ridiculous!!!!! I'll take that stupid phone off your hands for $37. I'll even pay shipping. Private msg me.

Posted via CB10
    I'll up that to $38 + shipping!! Lol

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    07-18-15 09:04 PM
78 1234