I feel you pain but honestly, that's strictly dependent on what you do. I have Twitter on my Passport but I don't really care about the notifications as I use it more to keep up with places I do business with or follow (Blackberry, local news and sports teams, Kindle, etc.). It's more as a source of information. I do Facebook but not much else as that's the extent of my social media interest. Everything I want to do, the Passport does great or I've found ways to do it that work. I pretty much expected it when I bought it. You really have to do your homework when going over to an OS you're not familiar with. The same goes for Windows Phone which I also love but which also has its limitations. Such is life.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-09-15 08:13 AM
    We all know what's good and what's bad about the bb10 and the passport. That said if everyone just give up their phone/OS and try to complain then you never have a close to a perfect phone. That's why I am complaining and I will keep complaining until those issues are addressed. You know how easy to switch phones now a days but doing so is not a solution because as other mentioned every OS has its problems and I believe that BlackBerry is very close to being a perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 08:25 AM
    But you are still trolling the Passport Fourm! Smh

Via BlackBerry Passport
    Trolling? I'm just speaking facts.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-12-15 04:14 AM
    So the only missing thing is the app gap.. u bought the wrong phone ...

All u can do is get the Android versions of those apps and hope that they don't drain your battery excessively..

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 05:03 AM
    But you are still trolling the Passport Fourm! Smh

Via BlackBerry Passport
    Your right on that illlya

Be careful what you say about ifone
    You wouldn't want to offend anyone on a BlackBerry forum.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    07-12-15 05:21 AM
    Number one: so crappy build!!!
    07-12-15 06:25 AM
    Number one: so crappy build!!!
    Are you talking about software or hardware? If software I think it's build really well if you avoid the android part of it which I don't think anyone can. But the main issue that BlackBerry allows android but not to its best approach and that's why the experience is crappy

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 06:59 AM
    We all know what's good and what's bad about the bb10 and the passport. That said if everyone just give up their phone/OS and try to complain then you never have a close to a perfect phone. That's why I am complaining and I will keep complaining until those issues are addressed. You know how easy to switch phones now a days but doing so is not a solution because as other mentioned every OS has its problems and I believe that BlackBerry is very close to being a perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is you're not complaining to the right people. I get that in order for changes to happen you have to raise your voice but your issues are almost strictly app based. You need to complain to the developers that don't want to develop for BB10. BlackBerry has tried to woo developers to BB10 and it didn't work.

The developers don't want to develop for BB10 because the user base isn't big enough, the user base won't grow because the apps aren't there. It's a catch-22. That's why you have to rely on third party apps to get the experience you want or install android apps through the Amazon store, Snap or Google Play (via cobalts methods).

That's the price you pay when deciding what options are most important to you in a smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    m3ach likes this.
    07-12-15 07:27 AM
    The problem is you're not complaining to the right people. I get that in order for changes to happen you have to raise your voice but your issues are almost strictly app based. You need to complain to the developers that don't want to develop for BB10. BlackBerry has tried to woo developers to BB10 and it didn't work.

The developers don't want to develop for BB10 because the user base isn't big enough, the user base won't grow because the apps aren't there. It's a catch-22. That's why you have to rely on third party apps to get the experience you want or install android apps through the Amazon store, Snap or Google Play (via cobalts methods).

That's the price you pay when deciding what options are most important to you in a smart phone.

Posted via CB10
    Well said
    07-12-15 08:23 AM
    I agree with some of this. My issue is skype (which is a native app) does not even promptly receive calls or messages until I open the actual app. My old android phone always worked when i received something, but with blackberry its a hit and miss. I'm not talking about small apps, im talking about skype which has its own version for blackberry and is backed by microsoft.
    07-12-15 09:36 AM
    Hardware issues. Many issues.
    07-12-15 09:44 AM
    I think what the commenter meant was: Why are you even IN the forums for BlackBerry devices and issues if you're as adamant with the stance you've taken due to your perception of BlackBerry's products as you seem to be?

I'd have to agree. It makes you look like a troll. If you're rocking an iPhone6(+?), and feel that your experience with BlackBerry has been less than ideal, or even worse...why visit (and make comments, even. Particularly negative ones.) BlackBerry forums? Even IF what you say is what you believe to be true.

That is, by popular opinion, "trolling".

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    07-12-15 10:03 AM
    Hardware issues. Many issues.
    At least it sorta rhymes...

Via Pasta CB10
    AcADIeN likes this.
    07-12-15 10:08 AM
    I think what the commenter meant was: Why are you even IN the forums for BlackBerry devices and issues if you're as adamant with the stance you've taken due to your perception of BlackBerry's products as you seem to be?

I'd have to agree. It makes you look like a troll. If you're rocking an iPhone6(+?), and feel that your experience with BlackBerry has been less than ideal, or even worse...why visit (and make comments, even. Particularly negative ones.) BlackBerry forums? Even IF what you say is what you believe to be true.

That is, by popular opinion, "trolling".

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    Now you're adding words to build your case. Don't get it twisted. I'm still down with the passport. Still use it. I'm just speaking on MY experience. They aren't meant to be negative comments. Just the truth. Everything isn't all good about our phones you know. Don't get mad when you have someone like me who's been down since day 1...owned every bb10 phone att ever had plus a z30....just speaking on my experience with the phone and Bb10. For example,small things like the fact that mainstream apps don't run well on a Blackberry is am issue to me....but others who don't use apps are satisfied with the current app situation. To eaxh is own, folks don't always agree or say what you want to hear. Especially on a forum.....far from a troll.

I don't like how folks can't speak the truth about a product on here without being looked at as a bad guy. Back in the day this forum was totally different.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    07-12-15 07:01 PM
    Sorry to keep repeating myself bb10 is a nice approach just like the touch wiz from Samsung (although I always hated the look and feel of touch wiz it's just an example). But the main problem that BB10 is not a complete package and lot of improvement needs to come fast. Because if it doesn't why should I invest on something that doesn't offer the best experience. I have tried so many phones except the iPhone. Because I always felt that iPhone has its limits but that's a separate discussion. BlackBerry on the other hand is very close to being a perfect business device. And again it's again for me to switch and get over it but as I mentioned before I don't like android any more and iPhone is not my favorite cup of coffee.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 07:47 PM
    Did anyone else see this?

That's why my passport is in a drawer and I'm back on my 6+
    Then this

And finally this?

Now you're adding words to build your case. Don't get it twisted. I'm still down with the passport. Still use it.

I don't like how folks can't speak the truth about a product on here without being looked at as a bad guy. Back in the day this forum was totally different.
    Am I the only one who is seeing the facts skewed? Just want to double check with the majority that the facts are being said.

By the way, your not speaking facts, just hunting down any positives anyone has for the Passport or after anyone who speaks negatively about ifone.

And we're not back in the days anymore. Most of have moved forward, just as you have by leaving BlackBerry. So if your here to help, go ahead and help.

Otherwise familiarize you self with this definition.
    A forum troll is someone who actively watches a forum. Not to be confused with a lurker, or just a forum frequenter, the troll annoys, pesters, and generally insults any thread a person opens.
    Example:
    -- Interweb : "My dad called me yesterday and said that the house was up for sale and I have to move and now I won't have any friends and I'm so sad I don't even know how to use punctuation it's insane."

-- Forum Troll : "I've become dumber just by reading this. Removing you from the genepool would not only be helpful to society, but would be praised in songs for generations."

Cheers!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
    from Adam Savage

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by shawnreum; 07-12-15 at 08:28 PM.
    07-12-15 08:01 PM
    Why not to me?

Posted via CB10
    Why not me?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-12-15 08:20 PM
    I agree with some of this. My issue is skype (which is a native app) does not even promptly receive calls or messages until I open the actual app. My old android phone always worked when i received something, but with blackberry its a hit and miss. I'm not talking about small apps, im talking about skype which has its own version for blackberry and is backed by microsoft.
    Skype does not work well on Linux either. Openoffice generated word or powerpoint documents don't work well in windows either but work fine on my BlackBerry Passport and even on a MAC.
    My point is, Microsoft does not want competition, they stamp the documents to identify their origin, and they spy on you through the OS and Skype. That's why I gave up on Windoze in the early 2000's.
    It's nice to see them shut down their smartphone operations. Good riddance!
    07-12-15 09:00 PM
    That's what I am trying to say things do work but not to the full functionality. People care about things that others don't really care. That said things like linkedin, twitter..etc must work effectively. Yes I can use the web and yes I can use other apps but I am tired of the workaround and paying more money to try out different apps. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    Here's the thing IOS and Android don't have a HUB so I don't see what your working around? BlackBerry is fully functional within BlackBerry. Apps is your main complaint but most will work. Most Android apps are free. I own a Note 4 it's a nice phone bright screen and it doesn't get the job done. I bought apps for the Note 4 and some crash almost always now and then same thing vice versa using android on BlackBerry run time. Get an Apple or Droid be happy with Apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 09:20 PM
    Use BBM

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 10:01 PM
    My main use is emails and messaging that's why I keep the passport because BlackBerry is the best when it comes to emails and the Hub is a beauty. My complaints are only to make the BlackBerry experience better. I will not give up my phone. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    The thing is. The complaints you have are primarily about apps. And they know very well about that weakness. That's why they've continued to improve the android runtime since 10.0

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 07-13-15 at 08:22 AM.
    07-12-15 10:40 PM

By the way, your not speaking facts, just hunting down any positives anyone has for the Passport or after anyone who speaks negatively about ifone.

And we're not back in the days anymore. Most of have moved forward, just as you have by leaving BlackBerry. So if your here to help, go ahead and help.

Otherwise familiarize you self with this definition.
    A forum troll is someone who actively watches a forum. Not to be confused with a lurker, or just a forum frequenter, the troll annoys, pesters, and generally insults any thread a person opens.
    Example:
    -- Interweb : "My dad called me yesterday and said that the house was up for sale and I have to move and now I won't have any friends and I'm so sad I don't even know how to use punctuation it's insane."

-- Forum Troll : "I've become dumber just by reading this. Removing you from the genepool would not only be helpful to society, but would be praised in songs for generations."

Cheers!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
    from Adam Savage

Posted via CB10

Again, you're dead wrong. I'm speaking about MY experience from when I use the phone? How hard is that to understand? Definitely not hunting for positives nor defending anything negative that I see (as you are)..simply just speaking about my experience and what I perceive..I'm sorry if it gives off a negative connotation..if you really care go look at my threads over the years and see if you see anything negative......I'm done with the quoting and sarcasm..this is a forum for Blackberry enthusiasts...i'm one of them. So I'll say whatever I wanna say when I feel like saying it on a forum whether it's negative or positive. It would be different if I was ranting and raving negativity but I'm just speaking of facts..and particularly with you..who often likes to compare the iPhone or my bad "iFOan" as you've stated in a few previous posts, to a Blackberry. Two different phones, for two different types of users....so don't get mad when somebody says something negative about a Blackberry on this forum.
    07-13-15 06:33 AM
    Again, you're dead wrong. I'm speaking about MY experience from when I use the phone? How hard is that to understand? Definitely not hunting for positives nor defending anything negative that I see (as you are)..simply just speaking about my experience and what I perceive..I'm sorry if it gives off a negative connotation..if you really care go look at my threads over the years and see if you see anything negative......I'm done with the quoting and sarcasm..this is a forum for Blackberry enthusiasts...i'm one of them. So I'll say whatever I wanna say when I feel like saying it on a forum whether it's negative or positive. It would be different if I was ranting and raving negativity but I'm just speaking of facts..and particularly with you..who often likes to compare the iPhone or my bad "iFOan" as you've stated in a few previous posts, to a Blackberry. Two different phones, for two different types of users....so don't get mad when somebody says something negative about a Blackberry on this forum.
    What ever you say.
    Just showing the facts.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-13-15 07:01 AM
    As for #4, just download Instagram from 1Mobile Market. It's been working great for me. No Hub integration but I'm totally fine with that.

Via my Red Passport
    heyy am on 10.3.2.680 and instagram is working well in the hub through the notification icon..everytime i get a notification on Instagram it pops up.. i installed the cobalt google play apk its working perfectly. i think this .680 os is really awesome thats why i havent upgraded.

Blackberry passport
    07-13-15 11:35 AM
    Few things that is driving me crazy and I hope/wish that bb10 team address them.

1. LinkedIn notifications never rcv them on time and sometimes they are not even rcvd. I just sent a reply to one of the messages using the Hub and I just noticed that there is an x red icon placed beside my message (what the hell does that x red icon means).
    2. Android apps never plays nicely or never functions the way they should. I am not even talking about google services. Example: Starbucks
    3. Notifications in general are the best experience. Example: twitter native app doesn't even push notifications. So I had to grab 3rd party app twittly. While twittly is ok it still requires lots of improvement. And who knows if twitter chooses not to use 3rd party apps and it will shuut down.
    4. Instagram doesn't exist and a side load is required but again never works the way it should. Therefore another 3rd party app like inst10 is required.

My point is that the most popular apps don't work properly and that requires workarounds. I bought a BlackBerry to increase my productivity not just send emails and messages which is the only powerful feature the passport offer. I can keep going but honestly we are in 2015 were workarounds for main apps are not the way to go. I love my passport but soon I will have to look else where. What say you?

Posted via CB10
    1. Linkedin works fine here; I can send, received and no red X icon (data/wifi)
    Things I hate about BlackBerry passport or bb10.-img_20150714_004350_edit.png

2. All my android apps runs smoothly and loads in less 5sec
    3. Twitter notification, got no issues
    4. Use Inst10 - native Instagram app for BlackBerry 10. Works flawlessly

I don't have any issues or regrets with my BlackBerry Passport. It's the most genius and smartest phone I've had despite of its so called 'ugly squared' design. Remember, this phone isn't for everyone.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-13-15 11:49 AM
78 1234