I sent my Passport locally for repair and to cut a long story short when I got it back there was a mix up with my BB ID and the phone is locked.
    Totally unusable. I have been going around in circles with BB support for many many emails and calls and this is the outcome:

Hello David,

The situation as I see it is as follows:
    The phone is locked and only Blackberry can unlock it.
    Your technical team have agreed to carry out the
    repairs but require an RMA from the seller.

The seller it seems no longer exists.

Amazon are a third party to the transaction and don't want to know about it.

You are keen to close the case because your KPIs will look better.

My phone is still broken and you won't tell me
    where to send it for repair - even at my cost?
    This discussion has just been going around in circles.
    Is that a fair description?

THE RESPONSE:
    I truly apologize for the inconvenience but we really have a process that we need to follow and it is also the advise from our analyst.

Thanks!

Clearly this is unacceptable and I need my phone unlocked.
    Does anyone know where on planet earth I can send it to get done?
    11-15-16 03:50 PM
    Did you try searching on CB forums for a solution?? I am guessing their must be plenty of threads related to this query.

BlackBerry Passport the productive workhorse.
    11-15-16 04:00 PM
    Can you describe the issue with the BBID exactly please?
    11-15-16 04:02 PM
    By using the same BBID on both devices the anti theft generated a different screen name on my phone.it added a number after my name. I can't log in.I can't reset the password or change it because I can't log in. It's a massive catch 22. I have had all the techsperts at BlackBerry Support look at the situation and they all agree it has to be sent for repair. I simply want a postal address to send it.
    11-15-16 05:17 PM
    By using the same BBID on both devices the anti theft generated a different screen name on my phone.it added a number after my name. I can't log in.I can't reset the password or change it because I can't log in. It's a massive catch 22. I have had all the techsperts at BlackBerry Support look at the situation and they all agree it has to be sent for repair. I simply want a postal address to send it.
    "Both devices"? That's a new twist.
    andy957 and Karan Riar like this.
    11-15-16 05:21 PM
    Sorry...to clarify I borrowed another Passport from a friend. I have now put a different I'D on this and it works fine.
    11-15-16 05:32 PM
    So it was user error and nothing to do with BlackBerry.....
    andy957 and stlabrat like this.
    11-15-16 05:53 PM
    tooo bad if I can only help you out

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 06:45 PM
    So it was user error and nothing to do with BlackBerry.....
    And they call this Blackberry Support ????????-1479257536944.jpg
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-15-16 06:51 PM
    Well kind of.......but who knew the system would generate a new screen name and hence a new ID? It certainly surprised the support people.
    11-15-16 06:53 PM
    I dont understand why you would use the same User name and password on another device unless you where doing a device swap. I'm sure BlackBerry gets tons of emails like this from folks trying the find a way pass the security.
    keyboardweeb and stlabrat like this.
    11-15-16 07:01 PM
    That's kind of irrelevant now ...damage done. I should simply have have done a data transfer. Anyway they have confirmed the issue,done an identity check an agree hat they are the only ones who can unlock it.
    joseanmx likes this.
    11-15-16 07:11 PM
    I really like the way people entitle their question so that they draw enough attention. It is a simple user error and the op blamed it on BlackBerry and wrote an article about it but never and ever is held responsible for this title. You should work for the press.

Posted via CB10
    andy957, keyboardweeb and stlabrat like this.
    11-16-16 12:12 PM
    I really like the way people entitle their question so that they draw enough attention. It is a simple user error and the op blamed it on BlackBerry and wrote an article about it but never and ever is held responsible for this title. You should work for the press.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree with your view, BUT user is now ready to service bearing the cost/logistics, However BlackBerry is not providing him the correct details like service center.

What do you've to say about this?

11-16-16 01:10 PM
    Sounds like this is all done, but...

I have had many BB10 devices with the same BBID on them. Never has it changed the credentials...
    11-16-16 01:22 PM
    I completely agree with your view, BUT user is now ready to service bearing the cost/logistics, However BlackBerry is not providing him the correct details like service center.

What do you've to say about this?

t

Thanks.

That's right I am willing to pay for the repair.
    We in Australia and in many other parts of the world other than North America and Europe are not privy to a Blackberry contact or service center.
    I think the Blackberry support people I'm dealing with are a call center in the Philippines and simply work off flow charts. If your problem moves off the flow chart you're on your own.

Re: DetrialGeo:
    "I have had many BB10 devices with the same BBID on them. Never has it changed the credentials... "

I believe the phones BBID may have generated the different screen name because the phones are the same model.

I have been a constant BB user for 16 years and am a shareholder. As a BB user my credentials cannot be questioned. I simply want an address of a building to send the phone for repair.It's unacceptable that I can't do just that..............The Blackberry repair center is not buried in the Mojave desert............is it?
    Last edited by Gazza12; 11-16-16 at 03:54 PM.
    11-16-16 03:16 PM
    t

Thanks.

We in Australia and in many other parts of the world other than North America and Europe are not privy to a Blackberry contact or service center.
    I think the Blackberry support people I'm dealing with are a call center in the Philippines and simply work off flow charts. If your problem moves off the flow chart you're on your own.

"I have had many BB10 devices with the same BBID on them. Never has it changed the credentials... "

I believe the phones BBID may have generated the different screen name because the phones are the same model.

I have been a constant BB user for 16 years and am a shareholder. As a BB user my credentials cannot be questioned. I simply want an address of a building to send the phone for repair.It's unacceptable that I can't do just that..............The Blackberry repair center is not buried in the Mojave desert............is it?
    Why don't you try raising this query on twitter? Give it a shot by tagging them on their official Twitter handle.

11-16-16 09:39 PM
    t

Thanks.

there's a fix for that here in the philippines its just I cant help you out here in open forum its illegal but yeah they can fix bbid issue here its just some people here dont believe in me

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 09:40 PM
    there's a fix for that here in the philippines its just I cant help you out here in open forum its illegal but yeah they can fix bbid issue here its just some people here dont believe in me

Posted via CB10
    They Y not just send him a PM and help him, that will kill all his worries.

11-16-16 09:42 PM
    They Y not just send him a PM and help him, that will kill all his worries.

lets wait for him to post his/her bbm pin

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 10:17 PM
    Why don't you try raising this query on twitter? Give it a shot by tagging them on their official Twitter handle.

I've actually gone to their official forum on the BlackBerry website. One response said I shouldn't need an RMA just proof of purchase......which they have.
    Coincidentally when I insisted it be raised to another level I got an email asking for MORE info........which of course I have provided. We'll see where it goes in the next day or two.
    11-16-16 10:22 PM
    When you log in at protect.blackberry.com, what devices show up?

Both or just one?
    11-16-16 10:27 PM
    When you log in at protect.blackberry.com, what devices show up?

Both or just one?
    Just the one. I created a new ID for this phone when the trouble started so I wouldn't get confused. I can't log in using the other email address......and that' the problem. Neither can I reset it.
    11-16-16 10:39 PM
    I think to you it will help https://www.blackberrys.ru/forum/topic/28638/

translation from Russian;
    " I suggest you one easy way to remove lock of BBID in 10.3.2 in which as you know the principle of operation of BB Protect was changed.

If you forgot the password from the BBID, deleted it, bought the device privately in which Protect that wasn't disconnected in case of Wipe, to a firmware avtoloader received the device which isn't possible for using without knowing BBID.

If you got into a similar situation that you will need to take 3 simple steps:

we click on the following link: Also we download BlackBerry 10 Autoloaders - BlackBerry Developer the avtoloader corresponding to your device 10.3.1 and we stitch telefon.
    we enter the new BBID or we create right there new.
    we update to a desirable firmware within 10.3.2. (I recommend up-dating without loss of data (OTA, Blitz, Sachesi three files) and I don't recommend up-dating by an avtoloader and through BB Link)
    Everything, we use the device.

Firmwares for all models 10.3.1 of maidens of https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Aqxg/2hkVNA8f "
    11-17-16 06:00 AM
    I understand that you said you don't have any Blackberry repair centers Down Under. I just googled "Blackberry Repair Center Australia" and while a few have closed, there appears to be several centers in and around Sydney, listings for Head Office, Local Phone numbers. One that stood out is "iExperts." There website is up and running.... I also noticed that several places that were called "Blackberry " Are now called "BB"(Example) blackberrystore.com.au is changing to bbstore.com.au - still Australia's One Stop BlackBerry Shop!
    11-17-16 06:46 AM
63 123