Got my AT&T Passport yesterday. Coming from the Z10. So far, so good other than the flicker. Also purchased the AT&T/Body Glove case and holster. Once I adjust to having the small flat screen TV on my hip, I'll be fine. IMO, If you put a case on the device that slips on the back of the device, doesn't really matter if it's the original or the AT&T curves. I waited based on price. I buy my device, my company pays for my service
    I wonder how much we can for our 2 year old Z10's?
    02-25-15 02:09 PM
    Bunch of squares on ebay now:

blackberry passport | eBay
    02-25-15 02:13 PM
    I know that the att version doesn't have some bands but also got a new one that is not in the original... I would like to know if those are critical to use it on t-mobile, or even if the new band would give you better reception (I doubt it but I don't know)... I use the original unlocked on t-mobile and so far no problems... if anyone has technical knowledge in this matter would be helpful...

The att version looks nice but its lacking several LTE bands that the original has. It would be a downgrade. I do like the way it looks though. Much better than the original IMHO.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:26 PM
    You got flicker? On a new phone?

Got my AT&T Passport yesterday. Coming from the Z10. So far, so good other than the flicker. Also purchased the AT&T/Body Glove case and holster. Once I adjust to having the small flat screen TV on my hip, I'll be fine. IMO, If you put a case on the device that slips on the back of the device, doesn't really matter if it's the original or the AT&T curves. I waited based on price. I buy my device, my company pays for my service
    02-25-15 02:53 PM
    Hey dc....that holster went, sold, gone. I was not happy with it. So, I sold it.

Well GeoK will not be parting with his...as he has an OEM holster for it...that in itself makes the OG version more valuable. wish I had one........

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    02-25-15 02:55 PM
    I predict that AT&T housings will be on sale on EBay from Chinese sellers soon. Then Passport owners will be able to swap their guts into an AT&T housing if they like.

Prices will be around $50 initially, and rapidly fall to around $25.

Posted from my Passport
    02-25-15 03:02 PM
    You got flicker? On a new phone?
    Yes, some us with the ATT model passport have flicker on the factory loaded 10.3.1

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-998239/
    02-25-15 03:07 PM
    I predict that AT&T housings will be on sale on EBay from Chinese sellers soon. Then Passport owners will be able to swap their guts into an AT&T housing if they like.

Prices will be around $50 initially, and rapidly fall to around $25.

Posted from my Passport
    You would also need to buy the screen, and keyboard as well, so it's not just the housing... The internals are probably shifted differently too (from reading a few threads about how the weight distribution feels more balanced on the redesign), I highly doubt it's just a matter of changing the outer shell, and I also highly doubt that the shell would only cost a mere $50, even if its china... The screen alone is probably like $100-200, and the keyboard is supposedly different from the original keyboard (this is all from reading various reviews of the redesign), nice try though...
    02-25-15 03:38 PM
    Yes, some us with the ATT model passport have flicker on the factory loaded 10.3.1

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-998239/
    It's the same OS. Makes sense
    The fixed OS just came out
    02-25-15 03:45 PM
    It's the same OS. Makes sense
    The fixed OS just came out
    Yes, thanks for the word on the beta release fix. I'm watching to see if it actually did fix it. Might take a few days before the flicker re-occurs.
    02-25-15 03:52 PM
    Nope, I like my sharp corners

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:56 PM
    I'm sticking with Passport Square Corners. I like not being on contract, and I like getting updates before the carrier versions do. Perhaps when a few ATT versions start showing up on Ebay/Craigslist I might shell out for a back up Passport.
    02-25-15 04:27 PM
    Is there any way to purchase the AT&T outright if you are not a US resident and not living in the states?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:34 PM
    Is there any way to purchase the AT&T outright if you are not a US resident and not living in the states?

Posted via CB10
    No way if you don't have an active att service subscription

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:53 PM
    I didn't see that...

I wouldnt mind having the wireless charging version but I would have to buy one as I am in Canada. Happy with the original anyways

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-25-15 04:59 PM
    Yes, flicker on the new phone just as others reported on older/updated phones. A reboot makes it go away for a while. Someone posted a video showing it...mine is doing the exact same thing.
    02-25-15 05:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    No way if you don't have an active att service subscription

Posted via CB10
    Actually, there is (but nobody seems to know if the phone is carrier-locked), if you search around here you'll find this same response, but I am not on any contract with AT&T and use a GoPhone SIM (which is a prepaid SIM but offers the same coverage and LTE as a mobile share value plan except at a better price plus the fact that I am not on contract). Search one of the many AT&T Passport threads on here and you'll find some responses similar to what I am about to tell you:

I spoke with an AT&T CSR about how I would get the Passport to work with my GoPhone SIM after I purchased it outright without any contracts for the full price of $649.99 + taxes, since when you go to order it, it prompts you to add service... To my delight, the CSR told me that once the phone arrived, all I would have to do is call AT&T and have them cancel the service, and tell them that I am using it with a GoPhone SIM and Voila!....

Now, take this as you will because the GoPhone SIM is still on AT&T's network, and I am not 100% sure if the phone is carrier-locked, so if you are using a carrier other than AT&T, you may be out of luck if the phone is carrier-locked...

Edit: For unlocking your AT&T Passport, see this thread and send a PM or email to BlackBerryCodeSource as he/they have unlocked quite a lot of BB's on this forum and beyond.
    Last edited by thedose; 02-25-15 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Edited so Benjamin Black understands that I am talking about buying it outright and not being tied to any service or contract
    02-25-15 08:31 PM
    Actually, there is (but nobody seems to know if the phone is carrier-locked), if you search around here you'll find this same response, but I am not on any contract with AT&T and use a GoPhone SIM (which is a prepaid SIM but offers the same coverage and LTE as a mobile share value plan except at a better price plus the fact that I am not on contract). Search one of the many AT&T Passport threads on here and you'll find some responses similar to what I am about to tell you:

I spoke with an AT&T CSR about how I would get the Passport to work with my GoPhone SIM, since when you go to order it, it prompts you to add service... To my delight, the CSR told me that once the phone arrived, all I would have to do is call AT&T and have them cancel the service, and tell them that I am using it with a GoPhone SIM and Voila!....

Now, take this as you will because the GoPhone SIM is still on AT&T's network, and I am not 100% sure if the phone is carrier-locked, so if you are using a carrier other than AT&T, you may be out of luck if the phone is carrier-locked...

Edit: For unlocking your AT&T Passport, see this thread and send a PM or email to BlackBerryCodeSource as he/they have unlocked quite a lot of BB's on this forum and beyond.
    Good luck with that.

Maybe you can trick their system online.....maybe...

To buy it outright you have to be on a contract and they force you to log into the my at&t app in store in front of them to verify your contract.

Also, even though I paid full retail to buy the phone, at&t will not unlock the device until 60 days from the purchase date.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:45 PM
    Just got mine Today, finally found an AT&T location near Boston that had one stock...how sweet it is!!

Posted from my kick@ss AT&T PassPort.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    02-25-15 10:29 PM
    Last edited by vvildstar; 03-15-21 at 12:12 AM.
    thedose likes this.
    02-25-15 10:31 PM
    Just got mine Today, finally found an AT&T location near Boston that had one stock...how sweet it is!!

pics!!!
    02-25-15 10:31 PM
    pics!!!
    Hera ya goooo.....

There's Gonna be A lot of Passports on Sale Now! (Who is Buying the ATT Version?)-img_20150225_234204_edit.jpg

AnimalPak200 and thedose like this.
    02-25-15 10:46 PM
    Good luck with that.

Maybe you can trick their system online.....maybe...

To buy it outright you have to be on a contract and they force you to log into the my at&t app in store in front of them to verify your contract.

Also, even though I paid full retail to buy the phone, at&t will not unlock the device until 60 days from the purchase date.

Posted via CB10
    No, you don't "trick their system" when you purchase it online...

You purchase it with a plan, just as you would in-store because there is no other way to purchase it. You pay the outright price so it's not on any contract (that price should be $684.44 after taxes, and this is for the phone only, you do not pay any price for the service until you activate it, and even then you would only pay that when you started service, so once again, the price paid after taxes is $684.44).... When the Passport arrives at your house, and before you activate/turn on the Passport, you immediately call AT&T and tell them to cancel the mobile plan, but you still keep the phone, obviously. Then you enter the unlock code provided by BlackberryCodeSource and insert your SIM and activate it on the GSM network that you wish to use (caution that AT&T did remove some bands from this phone, so it is possible that not all GSM networks will be supported).

This is exactly what the AT&T customer service representative told myself (minus the bit about unlocking it since I am on AT&T as it is) and many others on this forum, if curious, search some other AT&T Passport threads and you will see similar text.
    02-25-15 11:54 PM
    Yep. Agree. Discontinued new service yesterday. I am on AT&T and had them change the IMEI data from the new phone to my old SIM card. No flickering with leaked updated OS either

SQW-100-3 10.3.1.2480 Allergy/Pulmonary
    AnimalPak200 and thedose like this.
    02-26-15 12:05 AM
    if you don't mind, can you provide a link to that particular thread? thanks!

Check out the thread I started dealing with this, we have a lot of helpful responses!
    02-26-15 10:34 AM
64 123