Who has taken the plung and bought the ATT Version Passport?

Who is making the plunge soon?

Why? Are you that unsatisfied with the original Passport?
    02-23-15 06:04 PM
    Are you asking who is switching from an original Passport to an AT&T version?
    02-23-15 06:33 PM
    I will be. Verizon contract is up at the end of next month!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:35 PM
    seems like thats what the OP is asking, I have no intention of switching from the original Passport to the ATT variant, I mean, why would i, same device just with rounded corners, apparently it lost 2 bands and gained one, ./
    02-23-15 06:36 PM
    02-23-15 06:36 PM
    Sounds like OP wants to know who will be selling their unlocked Passport.

Outright AT&T is still too expensive, so unless someone likes contracts or "payment plans" (also contracts) it doesn't really make sense to try to sell your original Passport for less than you'll need to get an AT&T Passport.

I don't expect to see too many.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:51 PM
    seems like thats what the OP is asking, I have no intention of switching from the original Passport to the ATT variant, I mean, why would i, same device just with rounded corners, apparently it lost 2 bands and gained one, ./
    Agreed! No need to switch, the original is the better option to me. Already unlocked, no carrier information, no bloatware, and it cost less! Why leave all that, just to get round corners?
    s.ben likes this.
    02-23-15 07:04 PM
    I wouldnt mind having the wireless charging version but I would have to buy one as I am in Canada. Happy with the original anyways

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 07:06 PM
    I kind of like my sharp Passport. When all the girls go by, they all say: "Looking sharp!"
    Ah ha ha ha....not really but I still like it.

Posted via CB10
    zombiecupcake and ppeters914 like this.
    02-23-15 07:14 PM
    Sounds like OP wants to know who will be selling their unlocked Passport.

Outright AT&T is still too expensive, so unless someone likes contracts or "payment plans" (also contracts) it doesn't really make sense to try to sell your original Passport for less than you'll need to get an AT&T Passport.

I don't expect to see too many.

Posted via CB10
    Who said that you needed to sell one to have the other...I will be getting mine tomorrow. I plan on using both and maybe like a dual in the old west have one on the right side and the other on the left.

I like things in pairs

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    02-23-15 07:18 PM
    Who said that you needed to sell one to have the other...I will be getting mine tomorrow. I plan on using both and maybe like a dual in the old west have one on the right side and the other on the left.

I like things in pairs

Well that's true. But that still will not result in an original Passport for sale, as the OP was hoping. : /
    02-23-15 07:31 PM
    Well that's true. But that still will not result in an original Passport for sale, as the OP was hoping. : /
    Well GeoK will not be parting with his...as he has an OEM holster for it...that in itself makes the OG version more valuable. wish I had one........

02-23-15 07:42 PM
    I'm going to open an ANR account with att and test it out

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:50 PM
    I got the AT&T version on launch day and like it more than my original.
    Will be selling my original as soon as I have time to upload pics and get the posting.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-998966/

Top 3 reasons I like the AT&T version over the original in order of significance:

1. Much more comfortable to hold - This was completely unexpected. It has nothing to do with round corners and everything to do with flat side edges with rounded back. Initial feel was that it weighed half as much as my original because it is just so well balanced in the hand. This added comfort is very noticeable when talking on the phone. I also swear the weight distribution is different in the internals, but that could be a placebo effect.

2. Keyboard - original was great, this one's even better. Keys are softer on day one than my original is after 4 months. I also love the extra chin because it really does make typing even more comfortable because you're not pushing on the bottom of the phone especially the space bar. Just that little bit of chin makes a HUGE difference.

3. Back SPOT is gone.....but...... back SQUARE is new, although it is hardly noticeably unless you look closely. They have changed their process to paste that glue in a larger square, so even though it exists, it is much harder to notice and also because fingers don't reach the edges, smudges do not make the spot appear like it did on the original.

Don't care about rounded corners, don't care about wireless charging.
    02-23-15 08:21 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Will be selling my original as soon as I have time to upload pics and get the posting.

Top 3 reasons I like the AT&T version over the original in order of significance:

1. Much more comfortable to hold - This was completely unexpected. It has nothing to do with round corners and everything to do with flat side edges with rounded back. Initial feel was that it weighed half as much as my original because it is just so well balanced in the hand. This added comfort is very noticeable when talking on the phone. I also swear the weight distribution is different in the internals, but that could be a placebo effect.

2. Keyboard - original was great, this one's even better. Keys are softer on day one than my original is after 4 months. I also love the extra chin because it really does make typing even more comfortable because you're not pushing on the bottom of the phone especially the space bar. Just that little bit of chin makes a HUGE difference.

3. Back SPOT is gone.....but...... back SQUARE is new, although it is hardly noticeably unless you look closely. They have changed their process to paste that glue in a larger square, so even though it exists, it is much harder to notice and also because fingers don't reach the edges, smudges do not make the spot appear like it did on the original.

I can see that!! ATT really nailed it!!! For the first two reasons... I think it is Passport 1.5

This one looks like a BlackBerry winner!!! I think the chin does make it easier to type.... but I have not held the att version....

I hope these and other improvements make their way into Passport II.

From my Original still awesome Passport (since Sept 2014)....

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    02-23-15 08:34 PM
    I like OG passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:50 PM
    Yes.
    It's about who is getting one and selling their original passport (or giving it away).

02-23-15 08:54 PM
    I can see that!! ATT really nailed it!!! For the first two reasons... I think it is Passport 1.5

This one looks like a BlackBerry winner!!! I think the chin does make it easier to type.... but I have not held the att version....

I hope these and other improvements make their way into Passport II.

From my Original still awesome Passport (since Sept 2014)....

Posted via CB10
    @TWfceo

I would think you of all people would be buying the ATT version.

I'm pretty busy for the next 2 weeks or I would be down at ATT trying one out. Want to convert my wife off her "water proof" Samsung and hope she doesn't take it swimming.

Btw: are you using a case or holster?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:28 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    @TWfceo

I would think you of all people would be buying the ATT version.

I'm pretty busy for the next 2 weeks or I would be down at ATT trying one out. Want to convert my wife off her "water proof" Samsung and hope she doesn't take it swimming.

Btw: are you using a case or holster?

Posted via CB10
    Well I am in tokyo running an unlocked Shopblackberry.com Passport I had couriered here on Launch day and with an NTT docomo nano sim...

Lol that's why... but I prefer the att Passport version...

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    02-23-15 09:36 PM
    Yes.
    It's about who is getting one and selling their original passport (or giving it away).
    Are you talking about a passport used for travel being discarded and a Passport phone being purchased?

Because if not, I think you've had one too many.
    02-24-15 08:20 PM
    Yes.
    Or forced to part with one when your wife finds out you through down for another phone just like the one you had....shhhhhh do not tell.

Posted via CB10 on one of my Passports
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    02-24-15 09:02 PM
    Got my AT&T Passport yesterday. Coming from the Z10. So far, so good other than the flicker. Also purchased the AT&T/Body Glove case and holster. Once I adjust to having the small flat screen TV on my hip, I'll be fine. IMO, If you put a case on the device that slips on the back of the device, doesn't really matter if it's the original or the AT&T curves. I waited based on price. I buy my device, my company pays for my service
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-25-15 08:25 AM
    I like the rounded corners on the AT&T version better, but not enough to fork over the money for a new one.
    02-25-15 09:22 AM

Okay, now I have to stop by my AT&T store to check it out. Luckily, my AT&T store is BlackBerry Friendly.
    02-25-15 12:24 PM
    The att version looks nice but its lacking several LTE bands that the original has. It would be a downgrade. I do like the way it looks though. Much better than the original IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:48 PM
64 123