All my previous Blackberrys (before I went to the darkside...android) had the ability to schedule the silent time, which I had from 11pm to 7am, but I can't find a way of doing that with the Passport.

When I forget to manually switch, I get startled half to death when an email comes through!

A solution would be really, really appreciated!
    Last edited by aardvark7; 01-23-15 at 07:39 AM.
    01-23-15 07:08 AM
    I really don't think there is a way. Unless there is an app that can do that.
    01-23-15 07:29 AM
    yes, with 10.3/10.3.1 you can set up meeting mode which makes everything silent. and then set up the recurrent "meetings" on calendar.

also, there are few apps for that (usually paid)
    01-23-15 07:34 AM
    Right meeting mode could do that I suppose. But can't set it to phone calls only can you?
    01-23-15 07:36 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I thought that might be the case, although I find it very puzzling why Blackberry should remove such a simple and useful function.

All these smart phones, irrespective of make or OS, seem to be overflowing with junk, yet little things and settings that many people can use are either omitted, or made so difficult to do that it's not worth the effort!
    andy957 and ibpluto like this.
    01-23-15 07:37 AM
    That could be handy, but does that provide the clockface and allow for an alarm?
    01-23-15 07:38 AM
    There are couple of apps, that can manage notification profiles (schedule, calendar based etc). Profiler for example - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/46380891

But there is no way developers can trigger the real Bedside mode (swipe from the top on home screen)

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:43 AM
    Thanks. I wonder when Blackberry dropped this option?

It used to be one of the real handy items that was picked up eventually by other phones (my LG G2 had it), but to discover it's gone is a real disappointment
    01-23-15 07:47 AM
    All my previous Blackberrys (before I went to the darkside...android) had the ability to schedule the silent time, which I had from 11pm to 7am, but I can't find a way of doing that with the Passport.

When I forget to manually switch, I get startled half to death when an email comes through!

A solution would be really, really appreciated!
    I don't think their is a way to schedule it, BUT, an alternate solution could be to use an NFC tag on your bedside table and have it turn on bedside mode.

(granted that will only work when you're at home, not when traveling)
    01-23-15 08:22 AM
    I expect they will eventually add some of these great old OS features in over time.

I used to like the setting where it would go into bedside mode when you plugged it in

Passport running on 10.3.0.1408
    01-23-15 08:32 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I thought that might be the case, although I find it very puzzling why Blackberry should remove such a simple and useful function.
    BlackBerry OS10 is a ground up rewrite, so it is less about removing features and more about writing them back in from scratch. All features have to be prioritised since they all carry implementation cost and risk.
    All these smart phones, irrespective of make or OS, seem to be overflowing with junk, yet little things and settings that many people can use are either omitted, or made so difficult to do that it's not worth the effort!
    One man's trash is another man's treasure...
    01-23-15 08:35 AM
    I reeeeealy miss that feature from my old Torch 9800.Set it on the charger an it automatically goes into what we now call bedside mode at a preset time.

Unfortunately, Blackberry has not released any API to allow developers to trigger this functionality and its' currently not in 10.3.1.

Maybe 10.4?!?!
    01-23-15 10:11 AM
    That's a good idea. I've stuck one in my car to change the profile. I suppose the OP could also stuck an NFC tag on something that travels with him on his bedside :-)
    FCSC likes this.
    01-23-15 10:11 AM
    I expect they will eventually add some of these great old OS features in over time.

I used to like the setting where it would go into bedside mode when you plugged it in

Mine goes into bedside mode as soon as I plug it in. Am I missing something here?

Posted via CB10 on an AWESOME Passport
    01-23-15 12:30 PM
    yeah we are missing holster mode too! one day..............................i hope
    01-23-15 12:38 PM
    Profile changer and other apps can schedule silent mode
    01-23-15 02:25 PM
    Used to like this setting... sorely disappointed it hasn't been implemented yet. Bedside mode is basically useless to me with out it. Can't risk forgetting to turn it off, so I can't risk using it at all.
    01-23-15 03:05 PM
    I don't think their is a way to schedule it, BUT, an alternate solution could be to use an NFC tag on your bedside table and have it turn on bedside mode.

(granted that will only work when you're at home, not when traveling)
    I can't see any option for bedside mode in the NFC tags app, anyone done this?

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    01-23-15 03:11 PM
    Mine goes into bedside mode as soon as I plug it in. Am I missing something here?

Looks like you could have it and. I don't so I am the one missing something. What version of the OS are you on? Is there a setting for it somewhere that I am missing.

01-23-15 04:13 PM
    I can't see any option for bedside mode in the NFC tags app, anyone done this?

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    You know what, you're absolutely right, I thought we could do this with NFC Profile Pro, but their version of bedside mode is a work around, it adjusts volume, wifi, bluutooth...

my bad guys
    01-23-15 04:33 PM
    Looks like you could have it and. I don't so I am the one missing something. What version of the OS are you on? Is there a setting for it somewhere that I am missing.

I'm on 10.3.0.908. Didn't change any settings as such. Weird.

01-23-15 07:37 PM
    Set your Passport to go into bedside mode when charging
    Is there a way to schedule bedside mode?-img_20150123_220945.png
    01-23-15 09:11 PM

Not possible. When you plug it in it should give you the ability to go to bedside mode by pull the shade down, but you still have to manually activate it (to see the full screen clock).
    01-23-15 09:25 PM
    yeah we are missing holster mode too! one day..............................i hope
    It's unbelievable that after two years they still haven written in even these basic simple but powerful features. But hey, they had time to make a new version of Brick Breaker.
    01-23-15 09:27 PM
    I'm wondering if the flip to mute function would work for the purpose. When retiring for the evening just place the phone face down and all calls and notifications will mute.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 03:06 PM