Not sure where to post this, didn't see a Q&A section for passport.

I know there is that "assisting" virtual keyboard on the passport, but is there a way to run an actual software keyboard? I'm talking about an 8pen style keyboard. I was thinking if I could get it to load up on either the right/left side of the screen, I could "type" with one hand using it and then use the physical keyboard for longer messages.

Does it make sense that I want both a software and physical keyboard? I'm coming from a slider phone, it was nice having both. I could type on screen for short messages, and use the physical one for longer ones. I can't "quickly" tap messages on the physical keyboard but I like how it lets me "rest" fingers while I think what to type next.

I've been able to "install" keyboards from playstore, I just can't manage to get them to show up to use them.
    04-09-15 06:25 AM
    yay I got it to work. It makes sense to me because I like having a choice :S
    Now if I want to use it for something, I'll just use the android version of it. This is mostly just the browser/text messages from google voice.

If the real keyboard would let me "swipe" that would be nice but I don't think the trackpad part of it works that way . So a software keyboard is a good medium.

just want to look for 8pen, looks like the company is dead :S I'm on hacker's keyboard, looks nice since I can make height shorter
    As long as it make's sense to you :-)! It works within Android apps but not with native ones http://www.youtube.com/embed/pXAZk4xqp_I?wmode=opaque

And this http://crackberry.com/silent-keys-blackberry-10
    eyeb likes this.
    04-09-15 06:35 AM
    yay I got it to work. It makes sense to me because I like having a choice :S
    Now if I want to use it for something, I'll just use the android version of it. This is mostly just the browser/text messages from google voice.

If the real keyboard would let me "swipe" that would be nice but I don't think the trackpad part of it works that way . So a software keyboard is a good medium.

just want to look for 8pen, looks like the company is dead :S I'm on hacker's keyboard, looks nice since I can make height shorter
    04-09-15 06:57 AM