Wondering if it's possible to do delete forward on Passport.
    Delete a whole word is definitely nice, but even with the magnifying glass-like cursor selection tool and the ability to move it by swiping on the keypad (which I would appreciate if there was an option to adjust sensitivity for it), it's sometimes difficult to get the cursor exactly behind the letter you want to delete (and yes, I know that you can touch the left or right half of the circle on the selection tool to move the cursor by one character), when one letter is all you want to change - you sometimes end up before or after the letter in question.

Delete forward would be quite useful, and I know Passport keypad has some shortcuts and hidden features, some of which I have found out and others I may not have, so I am asking if this is possible. If you ask me, swipe left to right on the keypad would be the perfect, and currently unused, gesture for this function, corresponding nicely to the right to left swipe gesture for delete a whole word.

Anyway...
    11-05-14 09:38 AM
    This feature is not available on the Passport or any other touch screen BlackBerry devices
    11-05-14 09:46 AM
    Shift + delete

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    Joao Oliveira and lactose like this.
    11-05-14 01:57 PM
    Worked on the Q10, works on the Passport

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-05-14 01:58 PM
    ^ did not know this. Thanks.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-05-14 02:05 PM
    Like James said: the on-screen Shift and Alt (@123) keys function exactly the same as their physical counterparts on older devices.
    Hold down the Shift and the backspace button will act as Delete. Hold down the Shift (the selection tool will pop up) and swipe the keyboard to start selecting text.
    Hold the Alt and use the keyboard to enter symbols, letting go of the Alt will hide the symbols list again.
    Open the symbols list with Alt and swipe with multiple finger on the screen to delete multiple words.

I suggest searching for the thread on Keyboard tips for the Passport, it has invaluable tips to get the most out of your device. Above is just a small example.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    11-05-14 02:08 PM
    Wondering if it's possible to do delete forward on Passport.
    Delete a whole word is definitely nice, but even with the magnifying glass-like cursor selection tool and the ability to move it by swiping on the keypad (which I would appreciate if there was an option to adjust sensitivity for it), it's sometimes difficult to get the cursor exactly behind the letter you want to delete (and yes, I know that you can touch the left or right half of the circle on the selection tool to move the cursor by one character), when one letter is all you want to change - you sometimes end up before or after the letter in question.

Delete forward would be quite useful, and I know Passport keypad has some shortcuts and hidden features, some of which I have found out and others I may not have, so I am asking if this is possible. If you ask me, swipe left to right on the keypad would be the perfect, and currently unused, gesture for this function, corresponding nicely to the right to left swipe gesture for delete a whole word.

Anyway...
    After you double tap to bring up the text selector, slide over the silver lines (frets?) instead of doing it on the keys. Makes selecting the text or positioning the cursor very easy and accurate.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 03:15 PM
    This feature is not available on the Passport or any other touch screen BlackBerry devices
    Wrong! Simply hold the shift button onscreen and tap delete. It's the same for all BlackBerry 10 phones regardless of physical keyboard or all touch. Exactly like 007 stated.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-05-14 04:22 PM
    Great, thanks for all replies, learned quite a few things here.
    11-05-14 07:19 PM