I run what has turned out to be a multinational company. We have employees spread all over FMEA and clients all over the world, Israel, USA, China, Australia etc.

Technically, we are based in the UK with all other board members living in CET time zone.

Trouble is, my business partner and and I pretty much run the company from our BlackBerry phones. The downside is, as we have employees and clients all over the world, we never have any down time ( we work seven days each week and a minimum of 90 hours each week.

We have decided this can't go on. We use 365 for mail on our PCs and Passports. What we want is a way to ideally prevent work emails and calls coming through to us after 8PM at night so we can have some work life balance again. Ideally, emails will still be coming to our PCs, but not to our Blackberry's until the next day.

We want to be able to receive personal emails and bbm as only board members have these.

Is there any solution? Money is no problem. We just don't want to see that red light flashing at us when we should be spending time with our wives and kids. We need time out.

Any advice or solutions welcomed!

Many thanks,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:27 PM
    why not set your BlackBerry to Phone calls only at a certain time for yourself?
    The messages will come in but not ding or blink.
    04-07-15 07:31 PM
    why not set your BlackBerry to Phone calls only at a certain time for yourself?
    The messages will come in but not ding or blink.
    Thanks, how would I do that?

Is there a way to allow friends, family and board members to still get through?

Could the solution be in BlackBerry balance? I know nothing about this. Is there anyone here who knows about this? I could get our CTO to liaise wily someone and pay them for their time if it provided the solution.

Just to let readers know how bad the situation is, I get on average 250 emails, bbms and calls each day. Last year it got so bad that I broke three Z30s in half just to get some peace!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:48 PM
    You could create a profile that you could turn on at 8 pm, that wouldn't notify you of anything but what you want. Like only certain emails and contacts. It wouldn't block them from your hub though so when you go into your hub, you would still see everything your trying to ignore.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:04 PM
    The powertools application allows timed profile changes.

Is there a way or app that will stop delivery of notifications of emails etc after a specific time o-img_20150407_191235.png
    Is there a way or app that will stop delivery of notifications of emails etc after a specific time o-img_20150407_191241.png

It's prevented divorce at my house :P

P.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:13 PM
    The powertools application allows timed profile changes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150407_191235.png 
Views:	494 
Size:	605.9 KB 
ID:	346272
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150407_191241.png 
Views:	494 
Size:	493.8 KB 
ID:	346273

It's prevented divorce at my house :P

P.

Posted via CB10
    I think you can also set certain contacts as VIP's which will ignore the profile setting.
    04-07-15 08:45 PM
    I run what has turned out to be a multinational company. We have employees spread all over FMEA and clients all over the world, Israel, USA, China, Australia etc.

Technically, we are based in the UK with all other board members living in CET time zone.

Trouble is, my business partner and and I pretty much run the company from our BlackBerry phones. The downside is, as we have employees and clients all over the world, we never have any down time ( we work seven days each week and a minimum of 90 hours each week.

We have decided this can't go on. We use 365 for mail on our PCs and Passports. What we want is a way to ideally prevent work emails and calls coming through to us after 8PM at night so we can have some work life balance again. Ideally, emails will still be coming to our PCs, but not to our Blackberry's until the next day.

We want to be able to receive personal emails and bbm as only board members have these.

Is there any solution? Money is no problem. We just don't want to see that red light flashing at us when we should be spending time with our wives and kids. We need time out.

Many thanks,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    Was searching for something my old Nokias (E71 and E72)used to have...you could set up sync time on every account without a problem.
    Try this:
    No Mail.
    The downside- it doesnt handle push.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59946717

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-07-15 08:56 PM

Many thanks,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    You said money is no object, so you could hire myself as an assistant, I'll sort your emails and sent the personal ones to you and only send the business ones during the hours you want sent :-)

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-07-15 09:04 PM
    You can use Power Tools like pboud_01 have suggested to turn off the sound notification during the specified time eg: 8pm set to Phone Calls only and at 6am set to Normal. If you want a specific contact to reach you then in the LED Setup create a new LED and set the ringtone and led color and check the VIP status. This way no matter what the sound notification is set your phone will always ring and you get notified.

If your mail server doesn't have push email then you can use NoMail app. NoMail allows you to set when to check for email. If you have important email that comes to your account then I wouldn't recommend NoMail since once setup it will only check during that time frame eg: 7am - 9pm

As for phone calls Power Tools doesn't have VIP and scheduling. It would recommend BuzzOff

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59940253

With BuzzOff you can create a whitelist of users who can call you and at which times. It is very flexible with the scheduler. Any callers not in the whitelist will be rejected and goto the voice mail. When the scheduler is not active it will return to regular such that it will allow all calls.
    04-07-15 09:12 PM
    And this is what i've said many times before....I don't understand that Blackberry does not support or implement some sort of 'Work' and 'Leisure' mode. I think a lot of people have the same problem. I don't want to see work mails mixed with personal messages when i'm at home relaxing. Same goes for the personal emails when i'm working.
    04-08-15 05:09 PM
    And this is what i've said many times before....I don't understand that Blackberry does not support or implement some sort of 'Work' and 'Leisure' mode. I think a lot of people have the same problem. I don't want to see work mails mixed with personal messages when i'm at home relaxing. Same goes for the personal emails when i'm working.
    At least in terms of notifications, it's already there. Just make a "leisure" profile that you can add to your quick settings.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-08-15 05:16 PM
    No, i meant a different partition. I'm talking different contact lists, different background and settings for both work and leisure, certain apps, pics etc. Think switching users with windows. Highly adjustable as well. Let's say you add someone to your contact list, option 'Business', 'Leisure' or 'Both'. Same goes for your apps, agenda etc.
    04-08-15 05:23 PM
    No, i meant a different partition. I'm talking different contact lists, different background and settings for both work and leisure, certain apps, pics etc. Think switching users with windows. Highly adjustable as well. Let's say you add someone to your contact list, option 'Business', 'Leisure' or 'Both'. Same goes for your apps, agenda etc.
    I guess you could pay $25/year and set yourself up on a BES12 cloud. That way you could set up your work and personal sides any way you want.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-08-15 05:40 PM