I anticipate getting a BB Passport shortly after the first of the year. I would like to just keep using my old, original BB Bold until then (I think it's the 9000, but I purchased it the first month the very first Bold came out), but would like to switch over from AT&T to Cricket to save a little money on their most basic unltd talk and text $25/mo plan (I'll add data back in when I get the Passport). I have been told it is a Mini SIM (full size SIM) in my BB Bold now. When I open the Bold up, and remove the battery, I see the SIM but it doesn't seem to want to be removed. There seems to be a little white strip running across it though I'm not sure if that holds it in place or not. To switch over to Cricket Wireless I need to order a replacement Mini SIM from them for about $10, which they mail to me and I insert in place of the current AT&T Mini Sim. I don't want to sign up for Cricket Wireless, order their replacement SIM, and request my current phone number be ported over only to find it won't work b/c I can't remove the SIM

Any ideas if and how I can remove the current AT&T Mini SIM so that I can replace it?
    11-04-14 10:29 AM
    If it's any help, here in the UK we call them nano sim card. (same size as the iPhone 5s. It's the smallest of 3 sizes that you can get I believe) that's the size needed for the Passport.

CB App/BlackBerry Passport/o2
    11-04-14 10:37 AM
    To remove from the 9000, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9000-a-189627/

bt224 posted:
    "Remove the battery door, remove the battery, slide the sim card toward the middle. I had to gently use a small screwdriver to get it going."

Basically, the strip you see is the top bracket that the SIM slides under.
    11-04-14 10:39 AM
    Its been a while since I had a Bold 9000. Here is a video showing how the SIM goes in, which may help you figure out how to get it out.

How to Setup Blackberry Bold 9000 - AOL On
    11-04-14 10:49 AM
    Great stuff. Thanks all. One follow up question:

After reading your replies, I did as suggested. There is what feels like a small, thin piece of rectangular cardboard that slides out from under a thin metal band that holds it in place; it does have some tiny wire type lines on the underside on part of it. It is the only thing that clearly appears to slide out. Is this the SIM card (Mini SIM card)?

I was expecting something metal, but the only obviously metal stuff is what lies beneath that cardboard like rectangle that slides out, part of which is clearly part of the phone's structure, and part is just a little square that appears to be built in but I hesitate to try to force it out.

Thanks.
    11-04-14 12:20 PM
    That little square is your SIM card. What you are seeing on the device is little pins that correspond to the metal on the square.
    11-04-14 12:35 PM
    If it's any help, here in the UK we call them nano sim card. (same size as the iPhone 5s. It's the smallest of 3 sizes that you can get I believe) that's the size needed for the Passport.

CB App/BlackBerry Passport/o2
    We call them similarly in North America, in order of size:

SIM->microSIM->nanoSIM

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:42 PM
    Great stuff. Thanks all. One follow up question:

After reading your replies, I did as suggested. There is what feels like a small, thin piece of rectangular cardboard that slides out from under a thin metal band that holds it in place; it does have some tiny wire type lines on the underside on part of it. It is the only thing that clearly appears to slide out. Is this the SIM card (Mini SIM card)?

I was expecting something metal, but the only obviously metal stuff is what lies beneath that cardboard like rectangle that slides out, part of which is clearly part of the phone's structure, and part is just a little square that appears to be built in but I hesitate to try to force it out.

Thanks.
    They are of a material similar to a swipe card, some may be more "paper" than "plastic"
    They are a bit tougher than they appear, just don't bend or crease them, and try not to touch the copper/gold contact pads.
    The contacts will be facing down, on your device, and take note of the position of the corner with the notch.

Is there a trick to removing a SIM card, so it can be swapped out?-xfdyywp.png
    11-04-14 01:09 PM
    Thanks again all. And thanks for the pic. The larger pic, labeled SIM card, appears to look like the one in my phone. It sounds and looks like the SIM card is in fact the cardboard feeling rectangle I described that does slide out, and does have the thin metal type lines facing down, not the metal contact stuff underneath that looks more built in. If I am wrong, please someone clarify better, but this seems to be the consensus. Thanks.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    11-04-14 01:56 PM
    I've used an eraser on the end of a pencil for a previous phone, think it was my torch.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:03 PM
    Thanks again all. And thanks for the pic. The larger pic, labeled SIM card, appears to look like the one in my phone. It sounds and looks like the SIM card is in fact the cardboard feeling rectangle I described that does slide out, and does have the thin metal type lines facing down, not the metal contact stuff underneath that looks more built in. If I am wrong, please someone clarify better, but this seems to be the consensus. Thanks.
    Yes, that is your SIM.
    11-04-14 02:39 PM