Contrary to what some have noticed, my OEM hard shell case is really tight and not wobbly. Trying to remove it by prying up one of the top corners first leaves the other corner very tight. So tight, I can't help but wondering if its putting too much torsion on the remaining corner thus causing it to flex the device on that corner. My concern is the potential for the glue on the screen to become unseated thus causing the screen to ultimately lift as has been reported by several users. I did a search but couldn't find a recommended method to remove the case.
    01-12-15 12:08 AM
    My hard shell is pretty loose so I don't know how recommended removing it in your case...seems strange, most everyone I've ever talked to says that the case isn't all that tight

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:13 AM
    I just pop the top two corners out and slide the Passport out from the bottom corners.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-12-15 05:14 AM
    At least the OEM case has opened side so you can hold both side of the phone to get it off. My case is blind side so removing the case is quite some work. Whatever you do, hold both sides firmly and move each corner out in one clean swift motion. Don't let it take the pressure for too long.

I guess BlackBerry needs some help from the US Treasury so they can make all the molds exactly the same sizes. That extends to the frame and other plastic components of the phone.

Posted from my Passport
    01-12-15 06:36 AM
    Really hard to take mine off aswell. Its super tight. Scared of causing scratches when i take it off often, so i tend to Just leave it on!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 06:39 AM
    I haven't had any problem taking the case off at all, the only thing that bugs me, is every time I read about something like you are describing I actually take it out and ,what a waste of time.Don't believe the screen is going to separate,it will ruin your love affair with your passport, and you will enjoy it,like you should.
    01-12-15 06:53 AM
    I'm right handed so I take the top left corner off first and then the other side but not from the top from the side,comes off really easy, and then slip it upwards and no problem,enjoy your phone !! Actually slip off the top corners both from the sides.
    01-12-15 07:01 AM
    It comes off in a difficult way for me too.

The top part is a bit wobby for me, makes a little noise, the bottom part is tight as it should.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 03:25 PM