I started using my Passport heavily again over the last few weeks and I swear to god this double typing is killing me. I'm running the latest OS and its driving me insane. I've rebooted, reloaded the OS, and knelt down before it and begged it to stop. The M and E keys are the biggest offenders and it just won't stop. This is the original Passport unbranded and unlocked from Blackberry.

I've called Blackberry support and the first person I talked to told me to reload the OS, which did nothing. The second person I talked to acted like I was nuts with this issue and told me I'd be hearing back from Blackberry but I've heard nothing. Has anyone successfully gotten a new one because of this issue?
    08-14-16 10:31 AM
    Far as I've read on here people have had new devices for the issue, either that or replace the keyboard; 10.3.2 did change the key timing a little to try compromise, but overall it's hardware related.
    08-14-16 10:41 AM
    10.3.2.2789 and 10.3.2.2813 seem to have the best software for combating double typing. If that is still not enough, you will have to look into a replacement.
    Last edited by conite; 08-14-16 at 12:33 PM.
    08-14-16 10:49 AM
    10.3.2.2789 and 10.3.2.2813 seem to have to best software for combating double typing. If that is still not enough, you will have to look into a replacement.
    Is Blackberry giving replacements for this?
    08-14-16 10:57 AM
    Is Blackberry giving replacements for this?
    Not outside of warranty as far as I know.

It was a cheap fix on the Q10 - a $20 keyboard and 20 minutes of your time. But I've never investigated it on the Passport as my SE never had the issue.
    08-14-16 11:05 AM
    Well in case the software versions Conite recommended aren't working for you, you can go on ebay and search for Passport keyboards. They aren't that expensive, but you'll have to disassemble the device yourself (or get it to a specialized shop). In case you don't like ebay, there's always etradesupply. I also had double typing on my Passport, but that was sorted out by a different OS release. I'm now on 2813 and it's great.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 12:25 PM
    I'm on 2813 and still have this problem. I'm not going to attempt to replace the keyboard as I don't have the time or the patience to mess with it. Gonna see if there is anyway I can get a replacement, although I highly doubt it as this phone is over two years old. I guess I'll maybe try the SE.
    08-15-16 04:57 AM
    Had double typing issue 4 months after I purchased new Blackberry Passport. BB tech tried loading new software to no avail. AT&T replaced it at an AT&T service center. Got my new BB passport a few days later. Seven months later same issue with the second passport. On the phone with BB tech now to try and see if software upgrade will resolve.

Love these phones but double typing does slow texting down.
    11-30-16 07:58 PM
    I'm on 2813 and still have this problem. I'm not going to attempt to replace the keyboard as I don't have the time or the patience to mess with it. Gonna see if there is anyway I can get a replacement, although I highly doubt it as this phone is over two years old. I guess I'll maybe try the SE.
    Try reaching out to Blackberry support via Twitter, I've had 2 out of warranty phones replaced due to this issue and have done so through Twitter.
    11-30-16 09:00 PM
    Double typing's still around? I thought that problem was resolved a few updates back.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-30-16 10:01 PM
    Update solved this issue for me about 2-3 months ago.
    11-30-16 11:08 PM