And the it hit me. Why would I want to return the absolute fastest BlackBerry on the market? Well, the main reason was due to the form factor. Let's face it,...the BlackBerry PP is a BIG device, and to quote a cliche', this ain't your father's BlackBerry! That said, I picked up the PP a few days ago and a number of things I immediately didn't like was the width. I didn't like the width when simply carrying the device in hand,...or trying to 'stretch' my thumb across the screen to reach an icon, etc. I realized that I needed to adjust me to the form factor to me! In other words, I need to make some adjustments to my on screen icons and physical interactions. So, here are my adjustments thus far.

1) Rearrange the icons so the most commonly used are at the bottom

2) Place the phone bidget (Android has 'Widgets' now BlackBerry has 'Bidgets',...you heard it here first) to the Right,...because there is a Hard embedded phone bidget on the left side.

3) Learn the shortcut keys,....there are plenty embedded on the PP.

4) Learn (force myself) to type with thumbs vs hunting and pecking with index fingers.

5) Enjoy the most awesome BlackBerry ever!

Suggestions for more improvements:

1) Allow users to add more embedded 'hard budgets to the bottom area of the home screen. Again, this could be more commonly used bidgets,...Text, Contacts, Browser, etc. I'd like to see 4 at the bottom on the home screen.

Also, there bidgets could, 'flow' with each app, like the browser as Back, Forward, etc.

Now, where the PP shines above all posers! That the ability to be a secure Smartphone and a Mini-Tab,...mini tablet, with a physical keyboard.

Now imagine this,...the next PP,...the PP "Ultimate" having .5" to 1" more screen height,....or, adding another .5" height to the screen...and returning back to "4" row keyboard. This would be a killer device. One caveat, please don't go wider.

The specs: I expect no less that 4Gb of RAM, Quad core and awesome *** screen resolution! Oh! And I want an AT&T version.

Mr. Chen, are you listening?

That said, feel free to add your own.

PS: This msg has been created and authorized for publish by my AT&T BlackBerry Passport!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:44 AM
    I'm still getting used to the width. And I have to learn more shortcuts. Is there a list of shortcuts posted somewhere?

In the meantime my biceps are growing day my day and my grip and handshake are becoming rapidly bone breaking.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    03-07-15 10:47 AM
    The thing people need to understand is that the Passport is a two handed device for about 90% of the things, the other 10% you can manage with one hand.

And I agree with almost everything you said.

Posted via CB10
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    03-07-15 10:49 AM
    I re-arranged all my icons to lower right quadrant with 'Magic Icon' app a few days after purchase and haven�t looked back! Far easier to reach everything and leaves my wallpaper much more visible.

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    03-07-15 12:15 PM
    Some good points for the rearranging of the icons.
    It's form factor is....big...wide, true. Maybe I need to just put it in my pocket (force myself) which I do not do often. prefer a case/holster.
    But I do like that wide screen for emails and documents. As well, for websites in full desktop mode.

It's fast and works so well. that is really the thing that is important. I do need it to work.
    03-07-15 12:32 PM
    Some good points for the rearranging of the icons.
    It's form factor is....big...wide, true. Maybe I need to just put it in my pocket (force myself) which I do not do often. prefer a case/holster.
    But I do like that wide screen for emails and documents. As well, for websites in full desktop mode.

It's fast and works so well. that is really the thing that is important. I do need it to work.
    I got a holster for mine at the AT&T store when I bought I. I negotiated a slightly lower price. But didn't want to go without a holster from day one so I got it.

Saw a nice holster on Amazon that was less.

So they're out there.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 01:28 PM
    Great feedback. Slightly confused by bidgets... What sort of customisation do we have on the homescreen?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:01 PM
    I like the speed dial keys and have set a few to my own most called numbers the only one that I wish they had not locked was the "W" key. I would love that for Weather rather than Voicemail .... (why not V for Voicemail for pete's sake?)

Posted via CB10
    duckduke likes this.
    03-07-15 02:13 PM
    If you want more keyboard shortcuts

Check out Keyboard Shortcuts - Access to 32+ custom keyboard shortcuts in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59949463

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:29 PM
    It is definitely wide but when going back to my Z30 it just seems foreign and narrow. There is so much right and phenomenal with this phone. I don't need any changes. I will enjoy and use this device for a long, long time to come. BlackBerry has led the way with this device and I could not be more proud. Everyone asks "what is that device?" when I show them it's capabilities they marvel. I have a good friend that's on Verizon I let use my phone this AM he's now pissed he cannot go get one. He said he would get rid of his iPhone 5 immediately if he could. He said he may go the Classic route but really dug my Passport.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    ots1960 likes this.
    03-07-15 02:49 PM
    Got mine since Monday and I'm still adjusting to it. Love the idea of putting. Most used apps to the corner.

From my Passporto
    03-07-15 03:04 PM
    There I was,...About Ready To Return My PP...-price.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    redcubicle and GeoK like this.
    03-07-15 03:21 PM
    If you have OS 10.3.1, you can assign each keyboard key to launch a specific app... so in reality, you technically don't even have to reach for the screen AT ALL.

I love the wide form factor. If you know how to use the OS then you will understand.
    Sure, it's wide... but that also means a wide keyboard with nice thick keys.
    Typing on a Passport makes up for any potential negatives.

If you own a Passport and don't like the wide form factor...I encourage you to pull out that old Curve out of your drawer and try typing on it again

Posted via CB10
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    03-07-15 04:51 PM
    The cool thing about a PKB BlackBerry is the ability to set up shortcuts and customize everything. P for phone and B for browser, Q for quiet the ringer are easy enough to remember, but I set up F for Facebook, T for Twitter and G for GPS (Waze).

Being a skilled tradesman with dirty hands most of the time, the ability to minimize touching the screen is a big plus.

I turn the phone landscape to scroll on the right side with the keyboard, so I keep my fingers off the screen as much as possible.

If I have to share photos, documents or messages with co-workers, the size of the screen and the ruggedness of the device is a plus. I will hand it to someone I work with and they are surprisingly comfortable handling it and looking at the screen.

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    03-07-15 05:59 PM
    You know I could type one handed on my Q10, but I preferred to type 2 handed, so when the Passport came out I was ready for it. I absolutely love the width of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:08 PM
    Coming from whole lines of big big (Note 2, Note 3, Z Ultra, Lumia 1520) phones, PP feels weird at first, but when holding it in my hand, I started to appreciate the width of the phone.

It is near perfect for two hand typing. Any less in width would be too small IMHO

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:18 PM
    I love my Passport, but after 1 day of using the Classic, I really miss the 4 row keyboard and Trackpad on the Passport. I love being able to select text with the trackpad and then activating the menu to choose Copy. Then going to where I want to paste and pressing the menu key again to choose Paste. I get so frustrated pressing and holding while praying the little icon shows up so I can choose Copy or Paste.
    03-08-15 03:16 AM
    Like you wrote, you might have to learn to use your thumbs. I think it's a 2 thumb device.
    03-08-15 10:45 AM
    There were 4 row Blackberries??
    Don't even remember them.

Really liking the Passport!

I love my Passport, but after 1 day of using the Classic, I really miss the 4 row keyboard and Trackpad on the Passport. I love being able to select text with the trackpad and then activating the menu to choose Copy. Then going to where I want to paste and pressing the menu key again to choose Paste. I get so frustrated pressing and holding while praying the little icon shows up so I can choose Copy or Paste.
    03-08-15 01:42 PM
    I agree. You do need to adjust to the Passport, but it's an overall amazing device. Here's what I have on my 1st page of icons. No need for more as this is what I use the most.

There I was,...About Ready To Return My PP...-img_20150227_093026.png

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:57 PM
    How did you create such a homescreen?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 02:07 PM
    How did you create such a homescreen?

Posted via CB10
    I would like to know the same thing.

Passport on AT&T
    03-08-15 02:48 PM
    How did you create such a homescreen?Posted via CB10
    He is using Home Screen Plus and making use of nearly all of the features as far as I can see.
    anon(6098928) likes this.
    03-08-15 03:04 PM
    I'm still not sold on having a physical keyboard but all the other advantages of this device more than make it worth using. There are so many great gestures and shortcuts from the keyboard I really need to remember to use more.
    03-08-15 03:34 PM
    Can anyone please confirm if one can at least receive/make calls in one hand? Like in emergency (not life threatening) when hands are full
    03-08-15 06:51 PM
30 12